01: The Dreadful Interview

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Dreadful Interview

Choi Hana stood in front of her mirror, adjusting the seemingly fit and tight pencil skirt below on her waistline. She inspected herself, her clothes and accessories defiantly made her look more professional. She then proceeded into applying her usual make-up, which had only consisted of a simple application of BB cream on her pale face and a pink-colored chapstick to keep her lips from being dried. She didn’t bother to apply any other types of make-up, like any other day. She preferred to go natural.

Her face was a natural beauty, or so as others described it – with light tints of red that would seem as if she was blushing when she really wasn’t. Apparently, her mother had kept her health on check when she was still a child as she would constantly feed her with fresh, cherry tomatoes, hence the natural tint of her cheeks. Her hair was long and brownish, which was also natural, highlighting her features even more. Of course, Hana wouldn't deny that there are plenty more girls out there who were a hundred times prettier she will ever be.

Deciding that she was done preparing, she glanced at her watch only to realize that she only took at least fifteen minutes to get ready, to which her job interview was scheduled an hour later. Huffing, she then decided that she would just wait for her interview at PCY Corporation, thinking that it was better to be there earlier than late.

She knocked on her roommate’s door as soon as she stepped out of her room, her outfit and black, three-inch wedges on check.

“Park Jiyeon! I’ll be going to my interview now! I’ll be back a little later, okay? Do you want me to buy you something?” She exclaimed as she continuously knocked on her friend’s door.

A girl’s head had popped out from the doorway, slightly startling Hana from the suddenness. The girl, who was previously introduced as Jiyeon, had her hair as messy as a bird’s nest. Her make-up was hideously smudged as well, coating her beautiful features. Her eyes were dilated, presumably as she just woke up. She definitely looked groggy.

Hana, however, frowned upon seeing her friend, knowing why she had that appearance.

“What time did you go home last night, missy?” Hana asked, her hands crossed on her chest and her black shoulder bag slung on her right shoulder. She knew that she was acting like an uptight mother, but she didn't care. As much as they were both minding their business these days, Jiyeon was still Hana's best friend and vice versa, or so she believed.

Jiyeon her lips in thought before groggily speaking, “Three o’clock in the morning, I think. Why? Do you want me to entertain you with my adverture last night again?” She tilted her head to the right, smiling goofily as if she was remembering last night’s events.

Hana gave her a light nuggie on the head, making the latter flinch and mutter profanities under her breath. “Next time you do that, I’ll make sure to tell your parents,” Hana said, shaking her head in disappointment as she stared at the latter. She continued, "Park Jiyeon, you’re twenty-one years old now. Learn to be responsible for once in your life.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Hana. Just go to wherever you might be going now, unless you want to be late. I want to get back to sleep,” Jiyeon, replied, shutting her door, “Bye, !” She hollered, a squeaking noise soon following from the noise that emitted from the bed as she plopped down. Hana, on the other hand, could only shake her head in disapproval, thinking how Jiyeon’s parents had provided their money and care just to make their daughter graduate from college, when that daughter of theirs was only fooling around all over Seoul.

Hana and Jiyeon had graduated both in Seoul University, both with Business Management courses. Jiyeon had majored in Human Resource Management, which Hana majored in General Management. Hana could remember how enjoyable they both found their course, and soon enough, they both graduated with flying colors. They had both been in the Dean’s list of their university, which made both their parents ecstatic. Both of their parents had agreed to let them rent an apartment together as they look for a job in Seoul, seeing as how they had been best of friends for too long as well.

Back then, Jiyeon had always been the goody-good type of girl. She never rebelled. She was never skipped classes. She never disobeyed their professors. She never cursed She was also a teacher's pet and a loving daughter, so Hana couldn't help but wonder how she managed to change so much after living in Seoul. Heck, she even calls her a these days! It seemed as a sort of endearment, but Hana couldn't make any out of it.

Needless to say, those memories had seemed to be a waste for Jiyeon, which had always disappointed Hana. The best friend she knew was gone. Apparently, it all started Jiyeon met someone whom Hana considered as a bad influence.

Soon enough, she had begun to party every night in night clubs and bars all over Seoul. Hana knew that her friend was sleeping around as well, seeing the multiple hickeys and marks all over her body whenever she catches her going home during early mornings. In totality, she didn’t know what really happened to her friend, but she couldn’t really do anything about it either, seeing as how her friend never listened to her. Eventually, she grew tired.

Sighing, she fixed the strap of our wedges that had fallen off and stepped out of their apartment, wanting to go to that interview of hers as soon as possible.

She rode the bus which route was near at PCY Corporation, deciding that she would rather walk the extra distance for exercise. It wasn’t like she needed it though. She was rather thin, though she had never starved herself before. In fact, she loves to eat junk food and all the other greasy food you can get from fast food restaurants. Despite those, she never got fat, just like her mother. She figured that it was because of their genes. Her mother’s family did seem to have fast metabolism, too.

As soon as she reached the company, she had immediately composed herself, inhaling and exhaling so as to calm her nerves. She had been feeling quite nervous as she saw the large building belonging to the corporation, the building proving how prosperous the company was.

She knew how big the reputation of the company was, and the structure sure lived up to it.

She walked inside, passing by the entrance of the company that only needed two security guards for extra security, to check her belongings. The entrance was installed with high-tech security sensors that scans the people going in and out. She spotted two K-9 dogs on the lobby, too, which scared her as she was utterly terrified with big dogs. A big dog had chased her once, which scared her to death.

She made a beeline at the help desk that was placed near the entrance, still eyeing the K-9s. “Hi. I received an e-mail and a call two days ago about the interview for the secretarial pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter