013: The Abrupt Fluster

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Abrupt Fluster

"Park Jiyeon! Get your fat out of your room right now! There's someone at the door for you!" Hana hollered, feeling annoyed from the intrusion that the stranger standing at the doorway gave early in the morning. Hana had been restless all night, doing some office work that she was meant to do the next day. Chanyeol had increased her workload yesterday, and it was really evident that she had a lot of things to worry about now. Nevertheless, she did requested for him to at least be open with her when it comes to his problems.

She wanted to finish at least a quarter of the work though, since there were really a lot of work to be done for the day. Her current situation kept her dazed the whole night though, debating if she made the right move or not, and she couldn't help but think that she made the wrong decision. Clearly, she had a lot of things to think about.

What's done is done though, a voice at the back of her mind told her last night.

"Ugh, what the hell?" She heard her friend mutter from outside her door, and a few seconds later, a half-asleep and grumpy Jiyeon went out of her room. However, her expression lit up as soon as she registered the man from the doorway. "Hey, Henryboo! What's up?" Jiyeon said, trying hard to fix herself up as she spoke. Hana watched as her friend pushed the bottom of her s up, as if she was only fixing the bottom of her bra, but Hana knew that she was just doing that to allure the man whilst showing more skin. Well, too much skin. She also watched how her friend twirled a few strands of her hair and bit her bottom lip as she spoke, which irked the living daylights out of her.

Hana shook her head and blocked their conversation out of her mind, figuring that the man was probably one of her friend's play toys. Well, duh.

She swiftly headed towards the kitchen counter and poured herself a steaming, hot cup of coffee. She then grabbed the coffee mug and headed towards the living room, collapsing on the leather couch. Sighing, she laid down comfortably, like the way she laid down on the couch that night without getting any sleep.

"Okay, babe. See you tonight!" She heard her friend say with the sound of the door closing coming afterwards. Hana sat up as soon as she heard the door closing.

"Who's he? Your new friend?" Hana asked, though she made sure to put pressure on the word 'friend.' They both knew what Hana was implying though. "You've been bringing a lot of your friends lately, and it's not really helping me get my rightful hours of sleep every night," Hana continued, taking a quick sip of her coffee, only to cringe as the hot beverage burned her tongue.

"He is. Why? Jealous?" Jiyeon asked, scoffing. Hana only rolled her eyes and didn't reply, so Jiyeon decided to retort some more. "I could give you some of my friends, if that's what you're implying."

Hana did perceive the guy as handsome, however, she held no interest at the stranger, especially since her friend played with him before. "Is that a joke? That's weird, because I don't find if funny at all," she said, rolling her eyes yet again. "Anyway, give me a copy of your resume, will you?"

"What the hell for?"

Hana sighed, rubbing her temples. She didn't really feel like explaining at the moment as she still felt restless and exhausted. amd she didn't want to hear her friend cuss early in the morning. She also felt as if her problems were already too much, and that her friend's situation wasn't helping her condition either, though deep inside, she really cared for her long-time friend and wanted to help her well-being. "Since you're not interested in making a proper living, I've decided to refer you to the company I'm working on at the moment. Just give me your resume and let's see how it turns out," she said, sighing.

"Me? You expect me to work in a company? That's got to be the biggest joke in my life," Jiyeon said, rolling her eyes with an obnoxious scoff that ticked the latter.

"Seriously? You haven't lived that much then," Hana said, "Just give me a copy! I have to go to work in an hour and you're wasting my time as we speak!"

Jiyeon cursed, going inside her room. A few moments later, she came back outside and slapped the paper on the table in front of Hana, "There? Happy?" She said, a deep frown etched across her face. "Just so you know, you're wasting your time. There's no company that'll hire me, you know."

Hana stared at her weirdly, clearly not believing her words. "Why do you say that? You graduated college. You're smart, pretty, and you're very friendly as well. Companies need people like that! And you need companies like that as well. Stop wasting your time and please start living your life properly, okay? I really miss my friend."

Jiyeon's face went blank for a few seconds, nor replying. "I'm still your friend, Hana. I'm just... lost, I guess."

Hana sighed for the umpteenth time that morning, standing up from her seat.  She took her friend's hand on hers and stared in her eyes, trying to read what her friend was thinking, "I know. I can see that you are lost every day, but that's what I'm here right? I'm your friend, and I'll always be here to guide you whenever you're lost," she flashed her friend an encouraging smile and continued, "I'll tell you how it turns out tonight when I get home, okay? I'll make sure to bring spicy rice cakes and fish sticks on my way home as well, since you loved those back in college."

Jiyeon sniffed, looking solemn all of a sudden. She took her hand from her friends and muttered, "Whatever. Just go and wash up of you'll be late for work."

Hana could only nod. watching her friend's back as she stalked to her room. Scratching the back of her head, she shook her head disapprovingly and began to organize the papers that she had worked on that night. She felt disappointed yet relieved at the same time that at the very least, her friend did admit that she was lost; however, she knew that she just couldn't read her friend anymore, but then again, maybe her friend was just embarrassed. Aigoo.

 

*** *** ***

 

"How was your weekend, kind sir?" Hana asked, eagerly waiting for her boss' response. As weird as it might sound, she came across a website last night when she was researching, and decided to deep it useful to keep his boss out of his usual foul mood, and then she'll bring up her supposed favor -- her referral for her friend. She knew that the latter wouldn't find it as good though.

"Fine," was Chanyeol's curt answer. It didn't fail to surprise the secretary though, since at the very least, he answered... though in a somewhat rude manner anyways. That's definitely an improvement though.

"Really? Lucky you. I didn't get any sleep last night," she said, opting to be more casual than the times she talked to her boss before. Chanyeol took his eyes off at the papers swamping his desk and leaned on his chair, his face showing his infamous What-the-hell-is-this-woman-on-about look. Seeing his boss' intense stare, she continued to ramble. "I had to work on a few stuff last night so I didn't get enough sleep. Well, actually, I didn't get any sleep even after working since I had a lot to think about, and then this stranger went to our apartment and I just felt even more restless, but you don't need to know that. How's Kyungsoo doing?"

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, "Why are you curious about Kyungsoo? Are you interested in him?" Her boss' sudden answer made her flustered, which the latter mistook as embarrassment from catching her red-handed. He frowned, speaking again, "I see. So this questions are all about Kyungsoo then?"

Hana, still frustered, waved her hands in front of her furiously, and muttered a lot of No's. "That's not what I meant, sir! I was just rambling and I unconsciously blurted him out! Besides, how does asking about him make me interested in him?" She exclaimed, huffing.

Suddenly, she smirked, deciding to tease the latter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter