00: Prologue

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

“You’re fired.”

“I hope you get your mind straight for your next job. You’re fired.”

“I hope you find another company to mess up with. You’re fired.”

Ruthless? Yeah. For sure, no one knew how many times the CEO of PCY Corporation had said that line. He’s mad, furious, and he's probably on PMS, for sure. Well, he’s all that except for the last one. Anyway, he was furious. Why? Well, to start off, it just so happened that his pent up anger had struck once again. His anger rose up as continuous mistakes were flunked today at his company. It was like everything had gone wrong for him, and it seemed as if he couldn't to anything to makes things right, just like how he always wanted things to be.

He sighed heavily as he went inside his office. He ran his hands through his hair messily, making them sit in different directions. He then remembered the scared faces of his employees a while ago. Park Chanyeol had never gotten angry at his employees before he changed; he used to be a happy and cheerful man, some traits that most of their employees adored about him as he had always managed to lighten up the mood in the office. He didn’t mean to fire them, really. He was just mad, but he couldn't deny the fact that they made a big mistake, and he doesn't appreciate mistakes. No, not at all. They just lost a major investment from one of their major clients, and firing them wasn’t even the problem here.

How the hell would he step up for the huge loss his employees set upon him?

Again, firing them wasn’t even anything. He had the burden. He had the whole company’s burden, as well as their employees. It was a heavy responsibility for him, and for the first time since he first sat at the CEO’s throne, he thought of giving up, but no. What about those employees? He couldn't possibly leave them alone. But then again, that incident had yet caused a major loss for the company.

Sighing, he messed up his hair once again before dialing his secretary from his office phone. He stopped midway as he remembered that he fired his secretary as well. Cursing, he immediately dialed one of his employees from the Human Resources Department instead.

“Mr. Jongdae, please make the necessary procedure for my new secretary. I want the best applicant hired as soon as possible. I want it done and ready by tomorrow. Got it?” The CEO said sternly. "In the meantime, you'll be handling the job – at least until the new secretary has been decided."

“Y-yes s-sir. Tomorrow. Got it.” Kim Jongdae stuttered. How on Earth would he find suitable applicants in one day?

“Good.” Park Chanyeol ended the call with that one word. He hung up and grumpily leaned back on his chair. Sighing, he messed up his hair once again – a habit of his when stressed – before standing up, grabbing his jacket and briefcase in the process as he exited his office.

 

*** *** ***

 

His steps seemed to be the only sound you would hear as he walked through the hallway of the first floor. All gazes from his employees were on him. He felt it, and when he turned at them and glared, they immediately lowered their gazes, all stiffening. Some even pretended to do other things, but they failed miserably as they looked a bit stupid. Chanyeol smirked evilly. Truthfully, he wanted them to be scared at him in the first place, but he couldn’t. Happiness blinded him. He was really a happy person to begin with, but that woman had gradually made his life miserable.

His fists clenched as he remembered what happened that night. They were supposed to go on a date, but she didn’t show up. He waited for her for two whole hours. He even rented the whole restaurant for her yet she didn’t come. He disappointedly told the restaurant’s employees to fix it all up and apologized at the same time for wasting their time. He decided to go to her girlfriend’s apartment instead to see why she wasn't able to come.

Maybe she's sick?

Was she on an accident on the way?

Maybe she forgot?

Thousands of questions flooded his mind as he hastily entered her apartment. He knew the password since she herself told him when they first started dating. At first, he glanced everywhere and saw nothing. Finally, he reached her room. She must’ve been there since it was the last room he hadn’t searched. When he open the door slightly and peeks, respecting a woman's privacy, his eyes grew tenfolds and his fists clenched as he just had the biggest shock of his life. And boy was he furious.

There she was, sleeping with a man on her side. They were ly snuggling each other. They didn’t even hear the door opening – probably because both of them were tired from their activities.

He angrily marched at them and grabbed his girlfriend roughly, not bothering the respect he usually had in handling women. He just saw red. Almost immediately, the man and his ex-girlfriend woke up, both startled with the sudden intrusion. For a second, Chanyeol almost recognized the man. He just looked really familiar, but familiar or not, it didn't matter as he was angry nonetheless. The man got angry and went on punching Chanyeol, but the latter had faster reflexes and punched the man instead, probably from adrenaline, knocking him out with just one punch.

What a wuss, Chanyeol thought.

His girlfriend got mad and slapped Chanyeol. Instead of getting angry, his eyes stung. He felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter