Affairs of the Heart

Complicated Matters

“So…will you like to go out with me?” Kibum expects this. From the first day he had joined Hwayeon Enterprises, the other had showed him keen interest in him ever since.

“I …don’t know, Jonghyun.” He begins uncertainly as he holds a blank sketch pad paper in his hands.

“Will you please think about it?” Jonghyun pleads.

Kibum’s affirmative nod is an automatic response which earns a wide grin from his assistant, Jonghyun. Surprisingly, the rest of the work session is spent pasting blank paper across a panel among small talks and giggles.

Maybe Kibum can try to like Jonghyun.

***

Jinki locks his car door and stands to look at his reflection in the car window. The bags under his eyes and wrinkles in his forehead say it all, he’s very tired. He turns and looks at the entrance building and starts pacing. Taemin should have been finished by now, he ponders. He never knew why the younger fancied yoga anyway. He checks his wristwatch and realized that 5 minutes have elapsed so he begins to approach the building. Upon entering, he is greeted by a few happy  young men, who, he surmises, has just had an entertaining yoga lesson, learning about the flow of energy and flexibility and that sort of foolishness.

“Taemin.” Jinki mutters, his patience running thin. Jinki stops abruptly when he spots his young husband speaking lowly to a fairly handsome young man ( probably the yoga instructor). He watches how keen and interested the other seems to be as Taemin smiles and gestures fondly (no, probably another yoga participant). From a far the two looks very intimate and Jinki doesn’t like it one bit.

 

 

Jinki looks behind him as he reverses and initiates a conversation with Taemin.

“Oh you mean Minho?”

So that’s his name.

“Minho.” The name feels heavy on Jinki’s tongue which is the first sign of distaste towards the man, whom he has not even exchanged a word with yet.

“He’s a good friend of mine.” Taemin elaborated proudly. “He’s been in my class for 3 months.” Taemin continues to say that Minho is a preschool teacher, who loves children and would like to have many of his own and that he’s interested in guys. (“like me”) which earns a look from Jinki but Taemin reassures him by saying “You’re the only man in my life, baby.” Taemin says very good things of Minho which infuriates Jinki. He can’t stand his man thinking so highly of another besides himself. Jinki wonders why he is so jealous over something as minor as that. Jinki thinks he needs a drink and gets one as soon as Taemin enters the shower when they arrive home. The drink burns the back of his throat and scorches his tongue.

He misses Kibum’s kisses right now.

***

Jinki has Kibum pinned to the sink after locking the door to the bathroom (within his office.)

“Jinki.” Kibum laughs. “What has gotten into you?” He puts up his palms flat against Jinki’s chest and smiles that heartwarming smile that Jinki adores so much.

“Can’t I miss you?” Jinki teases and places a soft kiss to the side of the other’s neck which makes Kibum shudder. Jinki begins to touch him all over making Kibum high. Jinki touches him there and a soft moan slips from Kibum’s lips along with Jinki’s name.

Jinki then takes hold of Kibum’s palms and put them above his heart but the latter pulls away harshly when he sees Jinki’s wedding band and is reminded that Jinki already has someone, Jinki is already involved in a committed relationship and that Jinki already has someone to go home to.

Jinki freezes.

“What is it-”

Jinki, let’s get back to work.” Jinki watches as he lets Kibum go.

***

The sound of their heavy breathing and panting bounces off the bedroom walls. There’s nothing but skin on skin with beams of perspiration peppering their bodies. It’s not long before Jinki whimpers “I love you.” In the other’s ear with one last .

***

Worried sick , Taemin tries Jinki’s phone one last time but gets voicemail once again. He gets up and paces the length of the kitchen area. This is the fourth time in 2 weeks Jinki is late and Taemin wonders  why his husband is not coming home early anymore. There’s no family time anymore with Jinki being busy with work all the time.

Taemin combs a finger through his ponytail. He’s scared. There’s been almost about 3 break-ins in the neighborhood within the last 2 weeks and plus he’s been feeling ill. Finally, Taemin decides to call someone over.

“Yeah? Can you come please? I don’t feel safe alone..ok thanks bye.”

He walks into the living room and sits on the sofa. Jinki is not home and this raises Taemin’s suspicions about his whereabouts but he tries to comfort himself by placing his hand on his stomach. So technically he’s not completely alone as he awaits Minho’s arrival.