FINAL

Complicated Matters

Jinki waits with bated breath for Kibum to join him in the waiting room. The area is dense with the people walking about and waiting nervously. His nerves are in a fit as well and he's doing this best to hide it behind the stoic appearance. The results he's dying to know has him on the edge of his seat literally. It can either break him or break him. But what does he want? Jinki finds it terrible to be indecisive at such a point in his life. With Taemin a couple months from giving birth to their son and Kibum experiencing a pregnancy scare he cannot seem to fathom how his life will progress afterwards.

 

Finally Jinki sees Kibum coming his way but his face is expressionless giving nothing away go the curious onlooker. Jinki jumps to his feet and follows him outside into the biting cold air.

 

They stop atop the steps to descend the building. Kibum's dark eyes bore into

He feels small under the other's stare.

 

"What so you want the results to be?"

 

"Honestly?"

 

Kibum nods.

 

"I would be overjoyed if you were carrying my child. I've always imagined a life with you. Always. You are my first love and its true when they say first love never dies."

 

Kibum takes a moment to digest what Jinki says and crumples the doctor's receipt in his hand.

 

"Well.."

 

Jinki's eyes widens and his eyes soars a little.

 

"I'm not and I'm glad." Kibum shrugs. "Let me take this opportunity to set things straight. Jinki opens his mouth to retort but Kibum holds a hand up, indicating that he doesn't want to the be interrupted. "This..whatever we are ends today. I'm selling myself short being with you. I deserve better than this. I love you but I respect myself more. This can't continue."

 

Is it unfair for Jinki to feel hurt , ambushed. It's all happening too suddenly with Taemin's due date approaching and his paranoia of the impending surgery.

 

"I've already handed over my letter of resignation. Being away from you right now is best."

 

"I-I .. Kibum! Y-You're breaking my heart." Jinki tries to blink away the tears and can no longer hides the shakiness in his voice. He can't remember an instance where he feels this torn apart and crushed. He can't. The feeling is horrible. It's indescribable. "I love y-"

 

"Don't say it!" Kibum snaps. He takes a breath and calms down. "This ...is very hard for me to do. It's taking every fiber of being not to revert on my words. I'm doing this for us. For myself most of all. I may be harsh now. You probably think this is unforgivable. Feel how you want but this wouldn't continue forever. It was bound to fall apart one day."

 

Jinki chokes and grabs Kibum by the shoulders. "Look me in the eyes and tell me me you don't love me." Jinki's red eyes are swimming in tears and it breaks Kibum's heart.

 

"I would be lying if I said that." He steps back and Jinki's hands fall to his sides.

 

The wind picks up displaces strands of their hair. 

"Take care of yourself." 

 

He kisses Jinki one last time. It last a couple seconds because it's the only intimate moment they'll ever share.under the current circumstances. He gets a taste of Jinki tears and it's a bit overwhelming. So he hurries down the steps right after, never once looking back. It's for the best he reassures himself.

....

 

"Jinki are you unwell?" Taemin is concerned to see a sad man tumbling through the door upon his return home. Jinki has a distant look in his eyes. His clothes are messy and his face looking like the sea on a stormy day. His gloom is too evident for Taemin not to notice.

 

"Kibum is gone." Taemin cheers on the inside but the good news is overshadowed by how torn Jinki is. He doesn't want it this way. He wants Jinki to rejoice with him knowing that they can continue living in happiness until the baby arrives.

 

"I forgive you." Taemin offers as a consolation. "Kibum came when you were at your weakest moment. I forgive you. I want to work on this."

 

Jinki smiled bitterly at Taemin's words. He clears his throat and nods.

 

"I'm sorry for..cheating. I think this is how it feels when you found out. It's a terrible feeling. I'll never wish it upon even my worst enemy."

 

Taemin swallows at the implication that Jinki may be more invested in what he has with Kibum than their marriage. It's a heart shattering realization but he doesn't dwell on it. That chapter is closed and a new is about to open when the baby.fluttering in his tummy greet the world. Marriage is a journey and he's not willing to give up yet. He loves Jinki unconditionally. He loves him. He does.

 

Taemin sets Jinki a bath and reads to the baby whilst Jinki recuperates. Taemin is always the stron of the two.

 

....

 

"Will you visit?" Jonghyun asks desperately. His pouty lips and big eyes are pulling at Kibum's heart strings.

 

"Of course. I just need to be away for a while." Kibum has encountered a lot since his tenure at the establishment but he needs a break. He needs a break from Jinki, from life.

 

"Our friendship is not over!" Jonghyun reassures and Kibum laughs. He laughs and laughs.

 

He gives his friends a hug and goes home to finish up final packing.

 

 

....

 

Japan is a breath of fresh air. He goes sight seeing and swimming when he's not feeling sick. The people are friendly and helpful and his new job is rewarding.It's only been 5 months and his homesickness along with other ill-feelings are plaguing him but he tries not to succumb to his emotions. But as he over looks the bright city lights littering the town of Tokyo as he closes up to go home after a long day of work, he can't ignore the flutters in his belly. He doesn't want to . Its brings a smile to his face every time it happens.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback. Love you!!!!!

Btw was the ending sudden?? Idk hahah