2 is fine but 3 is a crowd

Complicated Matters

How is this happening? How exactly is this happening? Jinki has Kibum pinned to the front door of Kibum’s apartment and he is kissing him. Jinki is kissing Kibum madly, as if his life depends on it. And Kibum , well Kibum keeps on clenching and unclenching his fists in Jinki’s shirt, having removed his jacket earlier.

Right now, Kibum is too busy to think about how wrong this is, how ridiculous this is. Jinki’s married! And he’s made aware of it every time when he sees the ring on the other’s finger and every time someone asks about his husband. It’s frustrating, very frustrating but he gives into it anyway because he cannot help himself. The way Jinki’s stares linger a tad too long, the hidden touches he receives from Jinki in his office and Jinki’s words all send him sailing over the edge. He doesn’t want to be a home wrecker. He really doesn’t want that but how can he try to respect Jinki’s marriage when Jinki wants him just as bad as he wants the other?

Their whimpers and low moans fill the apartment until they are left breathless.

“Jinki…” Kibum begins breathlessly, eyes dilated ( they haven’t the light as yet) and lips swollen. “Jinki” he begins again and so does the ringing of Jinki’s phone.

“Hello?” Jinki steps away so Key is not able to hear him as he speaks over the phone. “Yeah… I know. Working late...I’ll be home soon…Love you too.”

Kibum’s breathing hitches at the last three words. He can’t help but feel hurt as if someone has pierced his heart. Jinki returns and tells him he has to go. Kibum nods because he understands. He doesn’t quite though, but he knows that Jinki has someone waiting for him at home, someone to return to and that person isn’t him. Despite being aware of the circumstances, he allows Jinki to kiss him goodbye and watches as the other disappears into the elevator.

***

“Baby!” Taemin screams as Jinki alights his vehicle upon driving into the driveway. He jumps, throws his arms around Jinki’s neck and his legs around Jinki’s waist.

“H-Hey there.” Jinki chuckles at his young husband’s behaviour.

“I missed you.” Taemin pouts cutely and pecks Jinki’s lips before hopping off him. “How was work today?”

“Uh  fine.  We’re making progress with the storyline and the artist we have now is extremely talented.”

“That’s good, honey.” Taemin turns and takes Jinki’s hand and leads him into the house. Along the way Jinki is overcome by guilt when he’s faced with Taemin’s back only to be looking at his face, so innocent, young and unaware of what his significant other’s doing.

Taemin’s meal tastes exceptionally delicious but Jinki cannot savour it because his guilt is making him sick and he still can taste Kibum on the tip of his tongue. No matter how many sauces he ate, nothing can rid him of Kibum because Kibum means more than just a fling or a hookup. Maybe, just maybe  Kibum still holds a place in his heart as his everything.

***

“Are you alright, Jinki?”

“Jinki awakens from his reverie to see a worried Taemin looking up at him, realizing that Taemin has not fallen asleep.

“I’m fine.” He leans down to peck the younger’s lips and this action earns a wide grin from Taemin.

“I love you so much.” Taemin confesses.

Jinki stiffens. “You do?” He tries to joke.

“Uh huh, I really do.” He nods eagerly.

“I love you, too.”

“I know you do. You show me every day that you do. You mean everything to me and I don’t know how I’ll survive without you.”

Jinki stiffens again. “That-that means a lot Taemin.” Jinki nuzzles his partner’s neck. “That means a whole lot , baby.”

Moments later, Taemin’s voice is heard.

“Jinki? Jinki?”

“Y-yeah?” Jinki asks groggily.

“I-I think, well maybe we should-…I don’t know really.”

“Spit it out Taemin:

Taemin turns and looks Jinki in the eye.

“Let’s have a baby.”