Phone calls

Pushing Daisies

At exactly 11 in the evening, Oh Sehun receives a very very unexpected call.

 

It happens just when he turns to page 67 of his favourite novel, casually lounging on his sofa with his head on the armrest, a bowl of popcorn laying over his belly and a can of coke placed right beside his head, the straw bending way too much just to reach his mouth. The familiar sound of Justin Bieber’s pubescent voice hitting those high notes rings faintly from his second floor bedroom and Sehun has to stop reading for a second to listen and confirm that yes, indeed his cellphone was ringing.

It takes him a few more seconds of contemplating whether or not it’s a call worth taking before he finally decides that 11pm is a very unusual time for a phone call, so it must be something important (it better be he thinks). He takes off his reading glasses and sets the popcorn and soda aside before sprinting up the stairs two steps at a time. He begins to curse at himself for taking too long to get on his feet because now he seems to need the extra minutes to actually find his phone, throwing pillows around and listening for the source of the repetitive ‘Baby baby baby ooh’-s. Luckily he finds it without much difficulty, his brows furrowing when he finally gets a glimpse of the caller ID. The name ‘Bug eyed hyung’ flashes across his screen like it only does every once or twice in a month. A very unusual call indeed.

 

“Hyung?” He answers.

There’s a series of shaky breaths on the other line before a barely audible voice comes through. Sehun has to stare at his phone for a good second because he barely recognizes it.

“S…Sehun.”

“This is Kyungsoo right?”

“Sehun I-…I uhm…”

The younger listens carefully, all thoughts of going back to his ‘me’ time thrown out the window and slowly being replaced by a feeling in between the lines of dread and worry. It’s eerily quiet on the other line apart from Kyungsoo’s soft staggered breaths. “Hyung, what’s wrong?” He finally says, a chill running down his spine for some unknown reason.

“I…I might need your help with something.”

Kyungsoo’s voice croaks slightly at the end and Sehun can practically imagine him trying to hold his emotions in, like he always seems to do. “Are you crying?”

“Remember when you told me, that problems need to be fixed?”

“Yeah…”

“Well I’m trying to fix mine right now. And I need your help. I need…I need someone Sehun. I need anyone right now. I just-“ His last words come across as nothing more than a croak and the younger thinks that he’s definitely crying now, swallowing his own whimpers as though it were some sort of sin to cry.

“Where are you? I’m coming” Sehun is already changing into a pair of jeans by the time he says this, cradling his phone in between his shoulder and his ear as he struggles to get his other leg in. It takes a few more faint hiccups from the other end of the line before Kyungsoo finally answers, a bit more composed.

“I’m at Jongin’s university campus. There are a few instructions I need you to follow.”

Sehun listens carefully, struggling to strap on his watch.

“I need you to bring a car.”

“A car?! Hyung I don’t own one you know that.”

“I…I don’t know please find a way Sehun please.”

There’s a pause and an air of silence that reigns on both ends before a sigh escapes the younger’s lips. Sehun doesn’t seem to have the heart to say no to the desperation in Kyungsoo’s tone “Fine, I’ll think of something. What else?”

“The campus gates are closed. I only came in under Junmyeon’s name, but I’m afraid to ask for his help again. Besides he’s probably asleep. So…I’m gonna need you to call me once you get here. I’ll…I’ll figure something out then.”

Sehun shuts the door to his room before jogging down the stairs hurriedly, looking around for a paper he remembers keeping with his father’s address written on it. He probably has a car I could use. “Okay. Got it. That all?”

Again, a couple of muffled sobs echo through the other line and this time the younger has to stop his actions, the sudden feeling of anxiety filling his heart with each coming beat. His hand is poised on the doorknob of his home’s entrance, but he makes no move to leave. Instead he just listens, and listens, and listens.

 

Until a thought crosses his mind and he’s closing his eyes, hoping and praying that his predictions aren’t so.

Because Sehun knows that there’s only one possible thing that could rile up Kyungsoo’s emotions this intensely.  

 

“You didn’t …” he begins nervously “…hyung, did someone find out? You didn’t…touch anything did you? Anyone?”

 

The younger hears his friend exhale a shaky breath,

 

“…Not yet.”

 

The line goes dead.

And in the next call that Sehun makes, his heart goes dead too.

 

 

***

 

 

 At exactly 11:30 in the evening, Luhan stirs in his sleep.

 

The white sheets that barely cover up his body rustle as he moves to lie on his back, squinting his eyes at the unfamiliar high ceiling painted in a dark blue hue that goes in contrast to the dim orange glow of the lampshade to his side. His eyes fall closed once more, sleep acting like a heavy drug pulling him slowly back into dreamland. But something doesn’t feel quite right to him so he lets a soft moan escape his lips before he moves about, twisting and turning in his spot until his feet grazes against something soft and warm to his left. He runs his toes up and down the figure and lies on his side to press his nose against the broad shoulders of what he now realizes is another person. He inhales the scent, not knowing why he feels disappointment bubble up inside of him when he gets a whiff of sweat and perfume instead of that familiar mixture of mint and citrus from a certain younger boy he works with.

 

When he opens his eyes completely, he’s no longer surprised to be somewhere he’s not familiar with. He’s no longer surprised to be met with a crown of spiky blonde hair and a lean back turned towards him. The only thing that seems to surprise him is the sound of his cellphone vibrating by the bedside table to his right, making him scrunch his forehead in curiosity. Now who might you be?

 

It isn’t until he feels the man’s body vibrate along with the annoyed groan he emits in his sleep that Luhan does his best to quietly scoot over to the edge of the bed and pick up his phone. He squints his eyes at the sudden brightness and tries to get a glimpse of the caller ID (despite his phone screen being on brightness level sun at the moment).  

 

Baby Face Sehun is calling. It reads. He stares at it for 5 seconds longer than necessary, trying to piece together why exactly he feels his insides knot in a sick feeling of guilt and longing at the same time.

 

“Hello?” He answers in a whisper, silently moving backwards to sit up, the white sheets pooling dangerously low over his waist.

“Something’s wrong with Kyungsoo.” Is the first line that he hears, Sehun’s monotone voice hiding none of the actual panic he feels.

“What?!” Luhan subconsciously covers his mouth, turning towards the sleeping body next to him. “What?” He repeats in a more hushed tone.

“He’s asking me to come pick him up and he was crying over the phone, hyung I think- he might be planning to do something stupid- hyung we should-“

The older boy covers the mouthpiece of his phone this time because apparently Sehun was talking a tad bit too loud and a tad bit too fast, seeing as how the man on the other side of the bed slightly stirs in his sleep. Luhan immediately gets up, taking swift and quiet strides towards the bathroom before holding the device to his ear once more. “Sehun, slow down. I couldn’t catch what you were saying. What-“

“Kyungsoo needs us! We’re the only ones who could help him right now I can just sense that this has something to do with his…you know what!”

“Sehun, sehun, calm down…Are you sure that’s the problem? Did he tell you that directly?”

“No, but he asked me to bring a car. I’m not sure I even remember how to drive, I haven’t touched a car since I got my licence.”

“Maybe he just needs you to pick him up?” Luhan pipes in hopelessly, popping his head out from the bathroom just to eye the sleeping man warily, half contemplating whether to steals his fancy car keys and lend them to Sehun for the night and pray that the younger would return it safely by dawn.

No. I won’t steal from him. Is what he decides in the end. There’s a frustrated groan that echoes on the other end of the line.

“Luhan!! He was crying! Look, just get down to the train station and I’ll pick you up there. I think I can borrow my dad’s car.”

“Sehun I-“

“Kyungsoo needs us Lu. We’re the only ones who he trusted enough with his secret so I need you to get to the train station and-“

 

“Luhan?” A voice interrupts along with the sound of more rustling of sheets. The older boy immediately lowers his phone, eyes widening in panic, mind swimming in possible excuses. Little does he know that Sehun’s end of the line goes frighteningly silent as well, as though the younger had not been expecting a third voice to enter into their conversation at all.

 

“Yes Yifan?” he calls out from where he stands in the bathroom, holding the phone tightly against his chest in an attempt to muffle any obnoxiously loud sound Sehun could possibly make (not that he was making any sound at all).

“Are you talking to someone?”

“Y-yeah just an urgent phone call…”

“From who?”

“A friend.” The older tries to cover his nervousness with a mock cheerful tone that he’s all to used to putting up in front of this particular man, Yifan, as he had called him. It’s the kind of tone that you use in front of people you want to impress, people you want to fool. Through all this the other end of the line remains quiet, apart from the brief rustle that comes as a result of Sehun’s grip on his phone tightening a little bit too much.

“Well tell him to off” the man calls out, a little bit louder this time. “And come back to bed.”

“Okay…just give me a minute-“

Now Baby.”

Luhan stares incredulously out the bathroom door and waits for any signs of Yifan moving around or coming closer but all he seems to hear is a soft click before the glow of the lamp dies down and he’s left standing in the dark. He takes a deep breath before putting the phone back against his ear. Surprisingly, he doesn’t even get past saying Sehun’s name before the younger cuts him off.

 

“Forget it. Go back to your boyfriend’s and don’t expect me to be there to pick up your sobbing drunk this time. You’re an excellent friend Luhan.”

 

The older boy’s eyes remain wide and shocked even seconds after the call is ended. He doesn’t pay any mind to Yifan’s constant groans in the background because he suddenly feels too numb to function. His legs give in, letting him slide down to the floor with a hand against his mouth as he tries to stifle the whimpers that escape his lips. The bathroom tiles are cold against his skin and it’s a great contrast to the warm tears that roll down his cheeks.

 

He’s ed up big this time.

 

Yifan’s been a secret to Luhan, he’s always been a secret. He’s the man he’s secretly liked for the longest time. The man he’s secretly been dating for a while now. The man he secretly keeps away from his friends and family. The man who keeps him a secret as well. Everything about Wu Yifan is a secret, he’s a mystery who just Luhan in with each curious question that pops into his mind like, why doesn’t he take me out on nice dates in the morning? Why doesn’t he introduce me to his family? Why don’t we seem to get anywhere past tequila and dim bedrooms?

 

It frustrated him so much that he wanted to keep secrets too. It just so happens that a naïve straight faced sweetheart confesses to him on Christmas eve and there’s a spark in Luhan’s eyes when he looks at the younger because there was his secret right in front of him, there was his revenge, in the form of Oh Sehun.

 

Sadly, it backfires.

 

Oh Sehun is snobby, ignorant, stuck up, sweet, selfless, and thoughtful. Luhan didn’t know when he had stopped thinking of Yifan everytime he was with the Younger. Luhan didn’t know when he his thoughts had transformed from I’ll secretly go on a date while Yifan’s away to I wanna do this and that with Sehunnie. He didn’t know and for a time he didn’t want to know.

 

He fills his mind with thoughts that are supposed to convince him: Yifan is smart, he’s rich and he’s…considerate? He’s cunning? Charming? Confident? In the end Luhan finds himself on another dead end of questions, questions that are now directed towards his feelings for the man and whether or not it was love or admiration. Love or admiration. Love or admiration.

 

But don’t you admire the one you love? Don’t you love the one you admire? He would ask to no one in particular. He would wonder why it is that with Sehun he loves to do, with Yifan he loves to watch; with Sehun he wants to be together in one picture, with Yifan he wants to take his picture; with Sehun they are two halves of a whole, with Yifan they’re two halves that don’t piece together.

 

Luhan’s never known what love really feels like, how it’s supposed to be without the confusing mixed feelings or the appalling second parties. He’s been toyed around with too many times in his past life to decipher what’s real from what’s not.

 

But right now, as he repetitively bumps his fist hard against his forehead letting the last of his tears slide down his cheeks, he begins to get a grasp of the feeling. Begins to get an idea of what it entails him to do.

 

“Yifan?”

“What now? Just go to be-”

“I need your car.”

 

 

***

 

 

The worst hour of his life, Kyungsoo thinks, is the hour he spends huddled up in the corner an unfamiliar bathroom, cold and soaked from the puddle he sits on. The tear stains on his cheeks are fresh, dampened every second or two after another stream seeps out once he squeezes his eyes shut. No matter how hard he clenches his fists or how close he hugs his knees to himself, his shivering just won’t cease. The most likely reasons are either because one, he’s freezing or two, he’s terrified…or possibly both. 

 

And oh, what Kyungsoo would give to have a certain tanned boy next to him at the moment, telling him It’s going to be okay in that soothing tone only he could seem to pull off. In fact, with the said boy being a mere building across from him, the temptation to just walk up to his dorm and knock on his door is stronger than ever.

 

But Kyungsoo does not give in to this urge. Instead he straightens his legs and listens to the quiet swoosh of the water as he does so. He lets his eyes roam over the trail of red that starts off thin, gradually growing into clouds of crimson until it leads to a tub where the overflowing mixture of blood and water does not seem to be as striking as the crown of fiery red hair that floats along the surface.

 

Down the road, not across” Kyungsoo whispers to himself, remembering the old metaphor he used to consider back in elementary.

 

He remembers rolling his eyes at the outburst of various reports over the news during that time, particularly those of young teenage girls slicing thin weak lines across their wrists claiming to be done with their lives if their ‘oppas’ were ever confirmed dating. Kyungsoo was no desperate, obsessed teen, but he knew how it felt to want to die. He had spent an unhealthy amount of time thinking about it back when he had locked himself in his room, and if there was one thing he was sure about, it was that those girls on TV were doing it wrong, all wrong.

 

He knew that running a blade across your wrist wouldn’t get the job done, no it’d just give you an ugly little scar that would remind you of how stupid you can get sometimes. It’s down the road, not across, he liked to point out. Grab a knife, drag it down your wrist and you’d be in heaven or hell within seconds. Kyungsoo knew.

 

But then, Krystal seems to have known too. Known, tried, and definitely succeeded.

 

Soon, Sehun’s call is going to break the eerie silence of the room and tell Kyungsoo that it’s time to fix this bloody mess that he believes he’s caused. So he decides not to wait any longer, his legs cold and numb as he unsteadily tries to stand up and slosh his way through shallow puddles until he manages to get to Krystal’s dresser. With shaky hands he pries it open, eyes skimming over layers and layers of clothing. He thanks the heavens that winter season has just ended, and all Krystal’s winter wear isn’t completely stored at the bottom.

 

He begins grabbing what he can, coats, shirts, hats, rejoicing once he comes across a pair of fluffy pink mittens and leather brown gloves. He’ll need them more than the rest.

The first he does is cover himself up with as much as he can, making sure that not a patch of his skin is visible. Coat after coat he wears, glove after glove, scarves and facemasks. Once he’s completely bundled up he picks another handful of clothing and makes his way back inside the bathroom where he stares at Krystal’s dead body and closes his eyes in silent prayer. Please God let this work.

 

A call startles him back to his senses. He places the pile of clothes aside, cursing once he bends down to pick up a few garments that fall to the wet floor, before frantically searching around for where he had left his phone.

 

“Sehun?” He answers.

“…Sorry to disappoint you.” A familiar deep voice chuckles on the other end and Kyungsoo’s heart stops.

“…Jongin?”

“There you go.”

“Why-“ He moves a bit, his feet causing the water to lightly slosh around. “I mean…It’s late…”

“I know…I didn’t- Did I disturb you? You sound a bit…surprised.”

Kyungsoo bites his lips, fishing for the quickest excuse to muster. “No, I was just, well, Sehun, said he was coming over.”

“This late?”

“We uhm, we needed to discuss something, about, uhm, about the bakery.”

“Oh.” There’s a brief silence on the other end and Kyungsoo can only imagine the tanned boy scrunching his forehead in confusion. “Okay then.”

“Did you…did you want something?”

“Right! So I was thinking…” Jongin’s voice has a playful tone to it and Kyungsoo doesn’t know why it pains him to imagine the smile on the tanned boy’s lips at the moment. He bites his tongue in an attempt stifle the whimper that attempts to escape. He wishes, he really really wishes that he could just tell Jongin the truth. But one glance at Krystal’s body has him biting harder in restraint. “If you wouldn’t mind, tomorrow after work, I’d like to take you over to my place? I mean well you know, my real home, not this mangy old dorm room.” Jongin chuckles, Kyungsoo chokes a bit.  

“Oh…you mean with your family...?”

“Yeah, you could finally meet my sisters. They’ve been pestering me far too much about the matter I really do insist you come.”

Kyungsoo has to hold a hand over his mouth this time, blinking his eyes repeatedly and willing the tears not to spill. The absence of a response seems to worry Jongin. “Soo?” he calls out after a minute of silence, suddenly feeling insecure “I- I mean, you don’t really have to, if you don’t want to. I just- I thought it would be nice since well, I’ve met with your brother already and everything…”

“I’ll come.” Is all the older manages to croak out, smiling sadly to himself.

“Really?” Kyungsoo can practically hear him smiling and it only makes him want to cry.

“Mhm. Tomorrow after work, right?”

“Yeah. Tomrrow after work. We can meet in the train station, if you don’t mind.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

The older boy swallows, unsure of what to say more. He wonders if he’s allowed to accept this offer, he wonders if things can still go normally, he wonders if he can actually put on another smile in front of Jongin without flashes of red water and red hair clouding his mind.

 “I’ll…I have to go now.”

“Oh, right, Sehun, bakery.” The tanned boy laughs, and surprisingly Kyungsoo does too. He lets out something that would fall in between a soft laugh and a choked sob, thinking that if he’d just peek outside Krystal’s window, he’d probably find Jongin’s silhouette hovering inside from the building across.  “I guess I’ll go to bed then…Goodnight soo. Love you.”

The older boy closes his eyes and smiles. “I love you too.”

There’s a brief second that Kyungsoo hears Jongin’s breath hitch, then comes a reply that’s too obviously accompanied by a smile “I love you more” he says, although Kyungsoo doesn’t quite catch the entire sentence, nervously ending the call and stuffing his phone back into his pocket, afraid that hearing any more of Jongin’s voice would only crumble the little amount of strength he has left.

 

Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo empties his thoughts, resuming his previous actions and picking up a raincoat from the pile of clothing, staring at the submerged body.

 

It’s now or never, he thinks.

 

He moves forward, bending over the tub carefully and lifting Krystal’s body out of the water, making sure his skin makes zero contact with hers. His arms are outstretched, the layers of mittens and gloves and the raincoat he uses to wrap around her body are at least enough to prevent his ability to take effect.

 

Kyungsoo could feel through the fabric that her skin is cold, but not entirely, probably having been dead for a couple of hours now. Once half of her body is surfaced, he spots the long red line that runs up her entire forearm where blood has now ceased to spill. He shuts his eyes, his lips and putting in all the strength he could muster to pull her fully out of the water. Once she’s out, he dresses her in as much clothing as he can manage, before his phone goes off once more. This time his expectations are met when Sehun’s name flashes across the screen.

 

One of Kyungsoo’s problems is crossed off the list once he learns that the lady by the gates is actually a frequent customer of theirs. Although she had not recognized him as the baker, it was Sehun whose face she found familiar, knowing him as the young and handsome delivery boy. She granted him a visitor’s pass without hesitation and it came along with several words of gratitude for his services to her. Sehun drives in with ease, receiving strict instructions from Kyungsoo to drive straight towards the two identical buildings and find the closest fire exit in the left building.

 

 Luckily the dorms aren’t difficult to come across, and by the time Sehun’s name reappears on Kyungsoo’s phone Krystal’s body is carefully wrapped in a bedsheet.

 

There’s a fire exit at the back side, one for each floor. I’m right at the bottom. His text reads.

 

Kyungsoo crouches down and clasps his hands together, pressing them to his forehead and closing his eyes in silent prayer.

 

He’s had enough of accidental touches, of sending out sparks of life and taking others for no particularly big reason. For once he wants to try and do something right with his gift, for once he wants to seriously put it to use. And tonight, he prays, he prays that the slow forming plan he has in mind will do just that. So he presses a hand over his heart, feeling its rapid beating, before taking his stance and heaving Krystal’s body up into his arms.

 

If one would ignore the red trails of bloody water on the floor and the icy feeling of her skin, Krystal would pass as a mere sleeping beauty. Even in this state, Kyungsoo thinks she looks like an absolute porcelain doll.

 

Still quite unsure of the extent of his power, he sees to it that he moves quickly and carefully, hoping that the layers of clothing are barriers enough to avoid any sort of skin against skin contact. Although it’s a bit of a struggle due to his small built, carrying Krystal isn’t as difficult to him as most would think. Kyungsoo’s gained a bit of strength from previous experiences of carrying delivery bags of flour into the bakery back when it had first opened.

 

By now the time has reached half past 12 midnight and when Kyungsoo pokes his head out the door to take a peek of the hallway, he’s fully relieved to find that it’s now dead silent, with most of the girls snug in their bed sleeping or reading or just minding their own businesses.

 

As stealthily as he can he takes a step out, looking to his left and immediately catching sight of a glowing red sign above an old door that reads ‘Fire Exit’. It’s not a long walk there since Krystal’s room is quite close to the hallway’s dead end. All Kyungsoo seems to dread at the moment is the occasional creaking of the wooden floor beneath him. Each time he steps on a loose board he freezes and feels his heart skip a beat. He really hopes girls are heavy sleepers.

 

 

Outside Sehun is waiting.

 

He’s parked the car somewhere by the building’s side, underneath the shadows of a tall tree. The minute he had arrived he circled the premise, looking high and low for a possible exit other than the front. Its only when he trudged through the back of the building, where there was a heavily untended lawn of tall grass leading to a forest opening by the edge, that he spotted an iron staircase. It lead up to metal doors on each floor and he was pretty sure that it was just the exit Kyungsoo was looking for.

 

So now he’s waiting by the foot of it, occasionally craning his head back and trying to get a glimpse of whichever door the older would exit from. He knows something is definitely not right, he had known the minute he took Kyungsoo’s call, and he makes sure not to make any further questions to all the older’s bizarre requests. Although he would admit to feeling rather anxious about whatever it is they’re doing, he makes sure to put the safety of Kyungsoo’s secret above all else.

 

Which is why he immediately stands alert once he hears one of the doors open and sees a figure emerge out into the fire escape.

 

He squints his eyes through the darkness, watching as the person’s feet clank against the rusty old staircase as he struggles to walk down. There’s a moment when the stranger leans over the railing and searches the grounds, and it’s only then that Sehun hears his hyung’s familiar voice.

 

“Sehun-ah?” Kyungsoo whispers, grunting a bit as he adjusts his hold on Krystal’s wrapped body. The sound of grass rustling catches his attention and he quickly turns his head towards the source only to find Sehun looking up at him from bellow.

“Hyung, over here.” The younger waves a hand in the air, stopping mid-action just to squint his eyes and try to make out what the strange bundle in Kyungsoo’s arms is.

 

The older makes his way down, carrying Krystal with the utmost care as though she weren’t even lifeless.

 

He hasn’t had the time to predict what Sehun’s reaction would be nor what he would say once he finally finds out what Kyungsoo has in mind. Or at least once he sees what, or rather who, it is that Kyungsoo is carrying. Out of the thousand prayers he’s lifted up this evening, the older whispers one last wish that involves his bestfriend’s trust and cooperation. He needs Sehun, he would have probably brought Krystal back to life right there in her dorm if it weren’t for Sehun, and then what? How was he to explain?

 

“What’s all this?” Is the first thing Sehun mutters to him once his feet finally come in contact with solid ground instead of metal, “…and why are you dressed like that, it’s not like, negative degrees out is it?”

“I’ll explain in the car, let’s just- no don’t!!”

Just then the younger decides to reach his hands out and help Kyungsoo with his load, but the latter doesn’t allow it, immediately clutching the bundle close, only for a split second before his eyes widen in alert and he loosens his grip once more, careful not to make contact.

“Hey I just wanted to h-“

 

Sehun freezes, his gaze first landing on a few stray locks of red hair that have made it out of the snug opening where a serene face comes into view. He stares, recognition slowing taking over as he feels his breath hitch and stop.

 

Kyungsoo watches it all from where he stands, trembling, readying himself for whatever outburst is to come.

 

Strangely however Sehun reacts in a way Kyungsoo hadn’t predicted him to. The younger merely takes a step back and purses his lips, taking an unsure step forward after a pause and taking another one back, all the while with his gaze still locked on Krystal’s figure. Kyungsoo doesn’t really know how to react himself when all he does is let out an exhale and a nod before reaching out and taking Krystal into his own arms.

 

Kyungsoo stutters, but one stern look from Sehun has him trailing silently behind as they both make their way to the car.

 

 

***

 

 

“I’m not gonna ask. Just tell me where we’re going.”

 

The drive out of campus had been a quiet one, with Krystal lying across the back seat, her head on Kyungsoo’s lap while Sehun sat behind the wheel. They were lucky enough to have crossed the gates without any questioning, the lady guard giving a brief glance and wave while they drove past.  Sehun is internally grateful that his father keeps the tints of his car darker than the normal, despite the many times he had complained about it when he was little.

 

Neither of them knew which direction to take nor which road to follow after that, just aimlessly driving in complete silence all the while. It’s a much needed silence, Kyungsoo thinks, one he spends staring out the at the lights they drive past, the people, the moon, the stars. He thinks of how luckily...normal they all are. How luckily unlike him.

 

Sehun is the first to speak up, after they’ve passed the same stoplight for the third time that night the youngest utters his first word ever since they’ve left campus. He’s spent the entire drive simply trying to digest their current situation, trying to decipher what his stand in it is. In the end, he’s not really sure, whether he feels horrified about the fact that there’s a corpse on the backseat of his father’s car or concerned about the fact that his bestfriend is definitely planning something way out of his league, he doesn’t know.

 

But it all comes down to the fact that Sehun would never abandon Kyungsoo, whether he agrees or not with the other’s plans is not the clearest thing in his mind at the moment but one thing he knows is that, even though he never has the confidence to admit it, Kyungsoo is the closest thing he has to a brother.

 

So in the end he doesn’t inquire, he just asks where they’re going.

 

And Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo looks at him with tears b at the corner of his swollen eyes for the nth time that night, his runny nose right above a thick black scarf he’s managed to wrap around himself.

 

“Somewhere isolated.” 

 

 


A/N: 

Kyungsoo: WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU AUTHORNIM /VIOLENTLY SHAKES/

#minirantahead: the struggle to make carrying a dead ing body out a building seem even 10% realistic right now is TOO REAL. TOO REAL. And did i succeed? I DONT THINK SO! /throws hands in the air/ goddammit i imagined this better in my head. me rn: