Chapter Seven

Fugitive

            “Are you sure you don’t have a girl?” Chanyeol asked Suho for the third time that day.

            “No I don’t, man, you’re so persistent,” Suho laughed.

            “You have that glow. Hey, I think it’s great you have a girl. It’s about time,” Chanyeol said, happily.

            Suho shook his head, smiling, “Why are you so sure that I have a girl?”

            “For one thing, we lost the Masked Beauty and don’t have anything on her, and knowing you, you would be depressed as hell, but instead you go into the office with a happy and positive attitude.”

            Suho had to admit, he really liked Hyeji, wishing that she would be his girlfriend. Yes, she was the Masked Beauty but she has this sweet side she tries to hide.

            Suho replayed a few nights ago when she surprised him with dinner. After he complimented her food, Suho saw Hyeji blinking away her tears, smiling to herself with her head down.

            She must have had bad experiences with guys… otherwise she wouldn’t be that moved because of my compliments, Suho explained to himself.

            “This is the place,” Chanyeol announced, stopping the car in front of a large home.

            Suho nodded and got out of the car. The house they arrived at was the house that the anonymous tip came from. Without the Masked Beauty going on her crime spree, SPD didn’t have anything on her; like all the other crimes, there were no evidence. Suho and Chanyeol went up to the enormous house and knocked on the door.

            “SPD,” Suho called.

            A beautiful blonde that was obviously dyed opened the door. Her expression looked as if she was seeing something repulsive, “May I help you?”

            “I’m Detective Kim and this is my partner, Detective Park,” Suho introduced, flashing her badges. “Is Mr. Kris Wu home?”

            “No. But I’m his wife, is there something wrong?”

            “Well we got a call about the Masked Beauty and we tracked that number to your house, ma’am,” Chanyeol informed. “We would just like to ask you some questions.”

            “Isn’t the point of an anonymous call is to protect my identity?” Jessica asked, sharply.

            “Yes ma’am, but the Masked Beauty has gone underground so anything you tell us can help us find her.”

            “All I can say is that I found that sleeping with my husband and she had that gun. Now if you’ll excuse me,” Jessica slammed the door.

            “Well she’s pleasant,” Chanyeol said, after walking back to the car.

            “Well at least we got a clue from her.”

            “Yeah, the Masked Beauty has some sort of relationship with Kris Wu,” Chanyeol said. 

“Yeah…,” Suho’s voice trailed off.

            “Kris Wu is no one important,” Hyeji said with her hands clenched into fists.

            “His wife didn’t seem to think so,” Suho said.

            “Jessica?”

            “Yeah, she said she caught you guys sleeping together. You sleep with no one special then?”

            Hyeji stayed quiet for a minute, “Fine, Kris Wu is someone important to me. He’s the one who “trained” me for a few years, he said it’ll all work out as long as I get him some cut of the money I steal and I become his “pet”. I don’t like him, he doesn’t like me: I’m just his toy. But he’s the closest thing I got for a family since he’s the one who took me in.”

            She spoke sharply, but tears flowed down her face by the end of her sentence. Covering her face with her hands, she tried to cry quietly. Suho stood there for a minute but embraced her tightly. Hyeji flinched and looked up at Suho’s eyes. She hated the sympathy but hugged him back, forgetting her pride. She began to sob into Suho’s shoulder, explaining with loud, muffled words that she was tired of being abandoned. Minwoo Kim, her father, left her on earth; Eun Hye, her mother, left her when she was only about seventeen; and Kris, the only man who showed some sort of love to her, didn’t even care about Hyeji at all.

            “These may just be some more meaningless words to you, but I care about you… I really do,” Suho said, softly.

            Hyeji looked up and smiled the crocked smile, “This might be stupid to you, but I care about you too.”

            Suho brushed her hair from her face, and leaned in for a gentle kiss. Hyeji never felt such a kiss before: she was used to the firm, overpowering kind that was suffocating to her since Kris shoved his tongue down . Suho took his time and made sure Hyeji was ready. Hyeji’s hands caressed his abs and hips, reaching for his pants, but Suho pulled away.

            Hyeji blinked, confused, “What’s wrong? Isn’t this why you confessed to me?”

            “What?”

            “Don’t guys want to have with the girl? I thought that was why…”

            Grabbing her firmly around her waist, Suho brought her closer and kissed her cheek, “Hyeji, I think I might be falling for you, but I’m not that kind of man that confesses to a girl, has , and then leaves. When we’re both ready and taking things slow, maybe one day.”

Hyeji was still confused but still loved the idea. She didn’t have to worry about giving a man pleasure, all day every day. She can move at her own pace. Hyeji kissed Suho passionately then backed away.