Chapter Two

Fugitive

            “Suho! Captain’s calling for you,” an overpowering man with a earsplitting voice called.

            A handsome man with dark hair and broad shoulders that was slightly shorter than the first stood up and walked over his partner, “What for?”

            “Something about the Masked Beauty,” Chanyeol shrugged.

            “For a girl who’s about the same age as us, she’s real good,” Suho said, letting out a sigh that shaved off ten years of his life. “Robbing about thirty places per year for the past four is gutsy… not to mention humiliating for SPD.”

            “Tell me about it. I’m still stuck trying to find out where that fox escaped to today. Anyway, tell me if you know anything.”

            Suho walked into Captain Lee’s room, feeling a heavy aura of tension. After a brief greeting, Captain Lee got right to business. After leaving the room, Suho found himself the leader of the special task force to bring the Masked Beauty in for justice and as a reward Suho will be promoted to Lieutenant. Now the only thing in between Suho and one step closer to becoming the top of the law enforcement is that petite, dark-haired, good-for-nothing girl; she is now his number one enemy and priority.

            “Kim HyeJi!”

            Someone knocked on the door… no he was pounding on it. Hyeji rolled her eyes as she was in the kitchen and was chopping vegetables for dinner.

            “Come in, Kris!” Hyeji called out in her sweetest voice.

            A man walked in and you could honestly see the light surrounding him; he was gorgeous and his body was defined with muscles; model status. His light brown hair was combed back, like Elvis Presley’s slightly messy hairstyle.

            “Hey babe. When’s dinner?” Kris asked as he flopped onto the couch.

            “In a few more minutes,” Hyeji replied, cutely.

            Just wait, you lazy bum, Hyeji thought to herself.  

            “Oh, I saw the news today. Good job,” Kris called out.

            “Of course,” Hyeji smugly said.

            “So where’s my cut?”

            “Hold on, I’ll get it for you.”

            Hyeji opened her bag and handed the wad of money to Kris, who then started to weigh it in his hand while Hyeji went to check the oven.

            “$200,000? Nice,” Kris smirked, clicking his tongue.

            Hyeji snorted quietly as she got the shepherd’s pie out and set the table. She looked over to Kris, who was still lounging on the couch and was watching Hyeji’s . Kris then walked over to Hyeji, grabbed her into a strong back hug and started to kiss her neck. Hyeji knew that resisting would only make it worse, so she stood there until he stopped.

            “I made dinner, let’s eat first, okay?”

            Shrugging his shoulders as if he were going to anyway, Kris sat down and started to eat. They started to talk about their next target when Kris’s phone rang.

            “Hello? Yeah… yeah I’ll come now. See you. Okay bye,” Kris said.

            “Your wife?”

            “Yeah, I have to go now,” Kris said, wiping his mouth.

            Kris got up, passionately kissed Hyeji, and left. Hyeji watched the empty seat in front of her.

            “Pathetic.”