Chapter Four

Fugitive

 

            “I got a hit on the Masked Beauty! Her real name is Kim Hyeji!” Suho shouted, enthusiastically, to Chanyeol as he waved around her license photo.

            “What?” Chanyeol bolted out of his office chair.

            “We got an anonymous tip. I checked over her background and financials and it just shouts ‘cover up’,” Suho said. “Here follow me.”

            Suho led Chanyeol to one of many conference rooms, standing in front of the large table with papers all over it. Suho passed a stack of papers to Chanyeol.

             “Her bank account flows with consistent money: she deposits at least $50,000 a month, but she doesn’t even have a real job. It says that she’s a sponsor for multiple different successful businesses, which I checked is legit, but that shouldn’t add up to $50,000. It should be about $30,000; $35,000 to $40,000 at max, so there’s that,” Suho informed.

            Then Suho passed Chanyeol the information about Hyeji Kim’s house, “This is the icing on the cake. The cost of this condo is like a mansion, if Hyeji is even a little smart, she wouldn’t have this kind of living space; considering her bank account. All the money she puts in goes right back out again to pay for her bills.”

            Suho and Chanyeol went over HyeJi Kim’s information and started to put the puzzle together.

            Soon enough, SPD surrounded Hyeji’s condo, waiting for their prey. Hyeji was inside her home when she heard the deafening sirens. As if it were a reflex, she burst opened her safe; bringing all her money into her crash kit; a bag she had stashed away with extra clothes, a burn phone, and extra bullets, in case of an emergency… this was counting as one of them. Just as she was about to leave, she stopped in her tracks to see her father’s smile. Without even thinking, she quickly yanked off the framed picture, and shoved it into her bag.

            “Kim Hyeji, we got this place surrounded! Come out with your hands up!  Suho, behind the police cruiser door, shouted through the bullhorn. Just then, shots were fired from Hyeji’s window. Police started to quickly fire at that window, as Hyeji swiftly escaped into the condo’s parking lot. As she got into the car, she started to shoot each policeman in their legs and arms as they went after her. As she looked away to see where she’s going, Suho repeatedly started to shoot, having one bullet pierce her in the shoulder as the bullet shattered through her car window. Screaming in pain, Hyeji continued to drive across town, then ditching her car, and breaking into an empty house.

            Holding her gun, Hyeji checked the entire house before going into the bathroom and washing away a lot of the blood that flowed out. Grabbing a bunch of tissues, Hyeji pressed it firmly onto her wound. Feeling worn out, Hyeji crawled to the small bedroom, throwing shelves out; trying to find a shirt to wrap her shoulder in.

Daddy… please help me…, Hyeji pleaded, breathing heavily as the throbbing pain increased and she passed out, still gripping her gun tightly.