Chapter 10

The Perceptions of Beauty

...

Sehun decided not to go back to class until it was lunch time. His hunger hasn't kicked in so he skipped the line and went straight to his usual table. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were talking loudly with each other about nonsensical things. Suho would be laughing here and there at their conversation. Irene and her friends were talking about the latest fashion trends. And Kai was quietly sitting with his headphones in his ears. 

Sehun took his usual seat next to Irene. 

"Where were you this entire morning?" Irene asked as she softly brushed Sehun's arm. 

"I didn't feel like going to class." Sehun said nonchalantly. 

"What happened to the plastic this morning?" Chanyeol asked, "Did you go see her? And have a little fun?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrow playfully. 

"Ugh Chanyeol! Stop." Irene yelled and rolled her eyes. 

Kai took his headphones and started to listen to the conversation, "What happened this morning?" Suho also directed his attention as well. 

"This morning the Plastic was completely zoning out, and suddenly she started breathing fast and crying. Like she was having a mental breakdown." Baekhyun shugged. 

Kai frowned. 

"Chanyeol?" Sehun called. 

"What's up, man?" Chanyeol responded.  

"Do you remember anything that happened at Kai's party?" Sehun asked, observing his reaction. 

Chanyeol's face turned into a goofy smile, "Nah dude, I was so wasted I honestly don't remember anything from that night." He ruffled his hair, a habbit of his. "Oh wait! I remember something!" He turned to Suho and pointed at him, "He told me he has a girlfriend."

Sehun turned to Suho in interest and smirked at him, "Really?" 

"Suho, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend?" Kai asked, his eyes full of curiosity. 

Suho face became flustered. He could the heat rising to his face, "Ah it's not that serious." 

Sehun propped his elbow on the table, "Huh? Not from what I saw. It looked like you both pretty cozy with each other. Tell us more about her." Sehun threw him a fake encouraging look. 

Suho growled quietly at Sehun, "It's really nothing, we were just messing around. Nothing serious." 

"He's trying to cover her up, probably doesn't want people to steal her from him." Baekhyun teased.

Suho laughed nervouly, "Yeah maybe." 

Sehun rose from his seat, "I'm going to get lunch." As he walked he stopped behind Chanyeol and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

Chanyeol turned around, his face stuffed with food.

"You shouldn't drink too much, Chanyeol. You might end up doing something you will regret." Sehun said softly before walking towards the line. 

Kai looked at Sehun carefully. He has fully heard exactly what Sehun said to Chanyeol. Kai started to ponder on what happened the night of his party. And he had a feeling it had something to do with his twin sister. 

 

 

 

... 

After school I decided to go the Plastic side. I walked until I found the place I was looking for, "Oh My Ramen!" A warm smile came to my face as I walked inside and smelt the delicious scent. 

"Oh Chaehyun!" It was the same women from last time. 

The smile still remained on my face as I greeted her, "You remember me?" 

"Of course I do, I never forget a smile! Please sit!" She lead me to a small booth near the kitchen.

"Honey! Remember Chaehyun!" The women called towards the kitchen. 

A man's head popped out, "Ah yes! I remember! Hello Chaehyun, nice to see you're back!" 

I smiled and bowed to him. 

"What would you like sweetie?"

I scanned the menu, then looked at her name tag Mrs. Oh. "I'll have the second most favorite dish, Mrs. Oh?" 

The women let out a hearty laugh, "You can call me auntie, Chaehyun."

"Okay... auntie." I shyly smiled at her.

"I'll have right out for you, dear." She made and headed towards the back. I took the time to look around the restaurant. Once again I saw Mrs, Oh and Mr. Oh playfully communicating through small smiles and shy looks with each other. I smiled knowingly that love still exists. 

Being in the world of Elysians, I found love rare. I sometimes doubt if my parents ever loved each other. I never knew the story of my parents, how they met or how they came to be. 

I wished for one day to find love. However, I knew that being a plastic living in a world with Elysians, it was ... impossible. 

 

 

I continued on with the week, avoiding all contact with the Oh Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin. I came home right after school and stayed in my room throughout the entire night. 

It was Friday night. I had already most of my assignments for the upcoming week. I sat in my room being bored out of my mind.

9:30 pm. 

I walked to my window and gazed the night sky. I couldn't see much due to my reflection. I opened my window and felt the breeze greet my hand. Despite it being near the end of November. The temperature wasn't bitterly cold. I closed my window and threw on a hoodie. I grabbed my journal on the way out of my room. It was dead quiet as soon as I stepped out of the hallway. This was expected. Hyejun would usually leave around 8 or earlier at times and Jongin would come home late as per usual. 

My parents were once again out on another business trip, however this time they said they would be gone longer. For 2 months, they would be gone for Christmas and the new years. I would spending those holidays alone. 

Before locking my front door, I made sure I had my phone in case of emergencies. Once checking my hoodies pocket I locked the door. I turned and immediately saw headlight coming from the driveway. I saw Jongin's head in the driver seat. In the seat next to him I also saw another head. But I could have cared less to who it may be and headed towards the opposite direction. 

As I walked, there were still stores open later since it was a Friday. I walked passed cafes and saw groups of students gathered together smiling and laughing, overall enjoying their night. I envied them. They were able to have a good time with friends. 

I walked to down a familiar pathway. The further I walked the more isolated I became. The noise from the busy nightlife faded away. I found the bench I have neglected for years. I sat down and breathed in the night air. 

This bench was Jongin's and mine's comfort bench. We would escape our family parties and go this bench in the middle of our favorite park. We would spend hours here either playing or talking. These were memories that I wished could still exist in this present day. I sighed and finally released my hands from the journal I've been holding so tightly to. 

The journal remained untouched since I bought it from the antique shop. I liked to have different journals for different things. I have one journal contained full of my sketches and drawings, one for poetry, and one for fictional writing, but I never had one that was just ... for me. An outlet to relinquish all of my emotions. 

I slowly brushed by hand against the surface and unbuckled the latch. I turned to the first page and let my run through the unfilled pages. I reached into my hoodie pocket for my pen and began to write. I wrote an entry on what I felt at Jongin's celebratory party. I felt disgust rise in me as I write down what happened, but I knew keeping it inside me would be worse. The wronged and violation made me quickly arose anger into me. 

Once I finished my entry, I closed the journal and held it tightly to my chest. I closed my eyes and controlled my heavy breathing. I focus on the sounds of the wind softly brushing the leaves. 

Then a soft voice called my name, "Chaehyun." 

I slowly opened my eyes to see a person from one of my worst nights. Suho. 

I immediately place the journal back onto my lap and held it tightly with my hands. I frowned at him, "Why are you here?" 

"I frequently go on jogs here." He smiled softly, "it's been a while since you came here." 

I turned my eyes away from him to find something else to stare at. I could not bare to look into his eyes. In my heart, no matter how hard I tried to tell myself how much Suho had hurt me, and telling myself how much I hated him, I knew that all the those we spend together and feelings I had just doesn't go away. 

I felt a weight on the bench as Suho sat next to me. I uncomfortable shifted away from him. 

"Chaehyun," He let out a sigh, "I'm sorry." 

I scoffed and stood so that I faced him, "Sorry?" I let out a laugh of absurdity, "How dare you try to feel sorry to me!" The heat quickly rose to my face as anger boiled inside of me. I wanted to explode right here in front of him. 

Suho also stood up, towering over me. His hands tried to reach out to me, but I immediately stepped back. 

"You abandoned me!" Suddenly I felt a sting come to my eyes as the water started to build up. "You left me!" Then I pushed Suho away out of anger but I wasn't very successful since he did not happen to move at all. He stepped closer but I did not realize as I held my head down trying to stop my tears from falling. 

"You left when I needed you the most," I choked out as both my hands came to my eyes to stop them from dripping but it was too late as I became to sob uncontrollably. I felt his hand slowly touch my back as he pressed his shoulder to my head. I tried pushing away but he only hugged me tighter. 

"I have realized my mistake, Chaehyun, abandoning you... I never should have." He slowly patted my head and letting his hand intertwine with a strand of my hair, something I've always enjoyed and brought me comfort, "I left you because I was a coward, I did not know how to protect you and I was scared... Chaehyun, please, if you let me back in... I promise to never leave you." 

 

 


 

Image result for suho gif

oooOOOOooo do you guys trust Suho??? :O 

chapter are coming out slowly... I'm sorry but I just been very busy with school and also I've been having the biggest writer's block ahhhhhhh 
I really appreciate all my readers who still remember this story and still read it :'')))) it makes me happy