Chapter 2

The Perceptions of Beauty

School. High School. 

Today was the first day of high school. I was anxious. I would be the only Plastic attending an Elysian school. After Selection Day, Plastic and Elysians are separated into different schools. Since my family was Elysian, I would be an exception. However, I wasn't all to excited about that idea. 

I was already the talk of the town, after Selection Day. An Elysian daughter chosen to be a Plastic.

I looked at myself in the mirror with my new school uniform. The uniform was stitched very finely by hand. The fabric was 100 percent cotton, The top was a white button up. The skirt was black and pleated. The jacket was maroon color fitted perfectly for my shape. 

I heard my brother's voice through my door, "Chaehyun! Are you ready? I don't want to be late on my first day of school."

I opened my door and greeted my brother with a small smile. 

Jongin placed a hand on my shoulder and brought his face closer to mine. His eyes met mine. He squeezed my shoulder, "Don't be nervous, you have me by your side." 

Thanks, but you won't always be there. 

 

Our personal driver drove us both to the place where we'll be spending the next four years of our lives. Great. Can't wait. 

Upon arriving, Jongin was already greeted by some of his friends. While I received a few looks from people here and there. I just kept my head down and headed to my first class without Jongin.We only had one class together but that was after lunch. I was the first to arrive to class.I chose a seat close to the window. To avoid the stares, I played on my phone, switching between apps. 

I heard the chatter between students become louder and louder as they piled into the room. All of the seats seemed to have been filled, except for the one beside me. 

The teacher walked in and the room immediately fell silent. The teacher looked around the class observing the students until his eyes landed on me. His expression was unreadable. Nevertheless, he started class. I was thankful that there was no seating arrangement for this class. 

However, for my other classes I was less fortunate. In my second and third classes, I got seated next to a very pretty Elysian, Bae Joohyun. She didn't seem to have a problems with me but I could tell she would rather sit somewhere else. Which was fine by me,  I don't plan on making friends for the next for years of my life. 

Lunch rolls by and I get a text from Jongin

I'm going to eat with my friends, want to join? :)

I replied with a "No Thanks." It's not that I didn't like Jongin's friends. It's just that they don't seem to like me. 

I received another text. This time from Suho.

Hey :) want to eat lunch together?

I smiled and agreed. 

We met outside of the cafeteria. 

"Hey, how has your day been so far?" Suho asked. Suho was a years older than me so he was a second year. 

"It's okay, how about you?" I asked

Suho shrugged, "Same old, same old. Do you want to eat inside?" 

I shook my head. I had enough attention as it is. I didn't want anymore by eating with a second year. "Let's eat outside."

We went outside and sat on a nearby bench. I pulled my lunch from my backpack. I had made myself a sandwich and packed a few snacks. We sat there in silence while we ate our lunch. I didn't mind the silence. I was comfortable just having Suho as company as I ate my lunch. 

It wasn't until a few moments later, I could hear Jongin's voice. I turned around to see his bright smile. 

"Hey guys!" Jongin put his arm around both of us. "Chaehyun let's go to class together when you're done." 

I nodded in response. 

 

Jongin and I walked into our classroom. There were a few students there gathered in a small group talking. I found a seat near the back. I pulled out my phone and started going to the same apps again. Jongin was talking to some of the students. Some I recognized were his friends. 

More students piled in and soon the seats were all taken. However, there were assigned seats. 

I did not get seat next to Jongin but someone else. His name was Oh Sehun. He was taller than Jongin. He had very fair skin. His shoulders were broader than Jongin's. But the most noticeable thing about him was his eyes. They were not soft like Jongin's. They were cold and stoic. 

I did not try to study his every feature, but his eyes were the ones that stood out the most. 

Like all my other seat mates, there was no talking between us. But I felt this aura of hate surrounding him. The hate towards me. 

 

Once school was over, I was told to meet Jongin at the front. I went to the bathroom first. When I got there, I was met with 5 Elysian girls. One of them was Bae Joohyun. They all turned around and looked at me with disgust, even Joohyun. I tried to get to a stall, but one of them blocked me. 

"A Plastic, invading our property." One of them said. 

A girl with black straight hair looked up and down at me, her name tag read, Seulgi, "Even wearing our uniform." 

Bae Joohyun, who seemed to be standing off to the side, came up to me. "How come you, of all people, get to talk to our Sunbae Suho, and Kai? And get to be seated next to Sehun?" I did not expect to see this side of her. 

Kai was the name Jongin was called by his friends. 

I didn't answer. I just kept my head down. Maybe if I didn't talk, they would eventually stop bothering me.

"Not talking, huh?" The girl with the red hair said and pushed my shoulder.

I ignored her but I started to get annoyed. Like all I wanted to do was use the restroom, but these girls are getting in the way. And second, who said that Jongin and Suho were theirs to begin with. "Can you please move? I'm trying to use the restroom here"

Joohyun scoffed, "Look at the Plastic trying to be brave. No wonder Sehun asked us to do this. We'll put you in your place." 

I looked at Joohyun, bewildered. Sehun? Sehun asked her to confront me? Why on earth? I barely knew the guy and he's already making schemes to torture me. What the hell? 

Before I could ask any questions, their hands come to body, ripping my new uniform into shreds. I tried to fight back and push them away, yet, it was 5 against 1, I was outnumbered. I knew this would happen. I began to grow tired and let whatever they wanted to do with me. I knew I had to with stand this for the next 4 years. Might as well get used to it now. 

After they were done, I felt my body being lifted off the ground . I was brought out the restroom. Soon I felt my body being thrown onto on the wooded floor. I heard stifles of laughter come around me. As I looked around I saw the Elysians point their fingers at me. I saw the smile on their faces. I saw Jongin, standing by the doorway. He looked horrified but also confused. He looked around the hallway. I don't know what he was looking for but the next thing I know he was gone. He left me here. I also Suho standing. There was pity on his face, But he did not move a muscle. 

Then I saw him. The devil himself, Oh Sehun.He looked at me and give me a smirk that I will be haunted with for the rest of my life.

 


Short.Chapter kinda , no lie. I will go back and edit later but right now I'm tired. 

Thank you for reading! :)