Chapter 5

The Perceptions of Beauty

The weekend was finally here and I finally felt very relieved. I did not have to face people at school. I did not have to face Sehun. All I will able to do today was eat, read, write, draw and sleep. Which is what I call the perfect day.

I'm usually kept up in my room. No one bothers me. Jongin would but now he doesn't. He's usually out of the house or in his room playing video games or something. Hyejun would be off. My mother and father would be at work. They rarely have any days off anymore. 

I would go downstairs to get food but bring it right back to my room to eat it. There was no point in eating in the dining room if no one was there. 

Today, I decided to use my laptop and surf the web.

It was 12:30 and I felt my stomach growl. So I went downstairs. As I was going down, I heard voices as I went down. I suppose Jongin invited someone over, which was rare. I wasn't bothered though. I doubt his friend would see me, anyways. 

When I made my way downstairs, I could still hear their faint voices but there weren't anywhere where I could see them. 

I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Hyejun had placed some food in small containers for us in case she wasn't here and we got hungry. I took one on the boxed containers and opened it. It was some type of glass noodle dish. I wasn't really sure of the name, but it looked and smelled good. I took it out and placed it in the microwave. 

I heard footsteps approach the kitchen. I slightly panicked. I didn't want to see Jongin and face him and I sure didn't want to face his friend, especially if they were from school. 

"Hey man, sorry for dropping by on short notice, I just needed the notes." 

I froze in my spot. That voice. The voice I knew all too well. 

"It's cool, do you want something to eat or..." Jongin's voice trailed off. They were in the kitchen. Jongin and Oh Sehun. 

Luckily, my back was facing them. 

"Is that your sister? I didn't know you had one." Sehun said. 

"Uh yeah." was Jongin's reply. He voice was low and I could tell he was hesitating to reply. 

I can feel and hear Sehun stepping towards me. 

I used my long hair to cover my face, hopefully he won't be able to notice who I was. The microwave dinged and I quickly opened it to retrieve my food. Unfortunately, it was hot and I had to drop it on the counter.

"Hey there, I'm Oh Sehun, a friend of Kai," He had a flirty, seductive and confident tone in his voice which disgusted me. I closed my eyes to keep mysel from gagging.  

I lightly bowed my head to him and touched the container to see if it was still hot. Once I hit contact, I instantly retracted my hand away and let out a quiet 'ow.' 

I felt his hand touch mine as if trying to grab it, but I quickly moved it to touch the elbow of my other arm. Oh how I wish he would just get away.

Jongin went to the fridge and grabbed a couple of water bottles. He handed one to Sehun, "Hey, lets hang out in my room for a little since your here." 

Sehun took the water bottle, "Okay." I felt him look at me one last time before leaving the kitchen with Jongin. I let out a sigh of relief. I pushed my long hair out of face and leaned against the counter. Thank you Jongin.

I took my container of food and headed to my bedroom. Once I got there I closed the door. I was left undisturbed. I had a peaceful day. 

I carried on with my day watching youtube videos, along with doing a couple of sketches in my new journal. 

Before I knew it, it was 7:30. 

I heard a knock come at my door. 

"Chaehyun it's me." My mother. I hadn't realize that my parents were home. They came home earlier than they usually do. 

"Come in," I called. 

My mother gave me a tired smile, "Dinner is ready, it's been a while, since we all had dinner together." 

I agreed. It's been months since our family sat down and ate together. My parents were always out late working and came home by the time me and Jongin were in bed. 

Even though, dinner wasn't as fun or interesting as it was before high school, it was nice to be together as a family. 

I smiled at her and nodded. 

I walked downstairs with her to the dining room. However, my smiled faded away as I saw an unwanted person sitting at the table as well. Oh Sehun. 

I saw his face turn from disbelief to that infamous, haunting smirk. 

My mom placed a hand on my back and lead me closer to the dining table, "You know Sehun right? He's in the same year as you and Jongin." 

I remained silent as I walked to my designated seat that was usually empty from across. But now it was occupied by the devil himself. I tried to avoid all eye contact. Yet, I could still feel his gaze along with the smug look he was giving me. 

"Sehun, do you know Chaehyun?" My mother asked.

"Yes, she's in some of my classes." Sehun replied politely. I never heard him once speak in a tone like that. 

"What profession are you deciding to go in, Sehun?" My father asked. He was the type of person who liked it when someone had they're life planned out. 

"I'm hoping to go into business or politics, sir," Sehun replied. 

My father nodded, "That's good." He them pointed his chopsticks towards me. "Chaehyun here doesn't know what she wants to be. I always ask her what she wants to do, yet she always says she doesn't know." He shook his head in disappointment. 

I suddenly lost my appetite. My father would always show his disappointment in me, then he would talk about Jongin and how proud he was of him. I felt more ashamed since Sehun was here. 

My father began to talk about Jongin and how well he did in his studies as well as his extra curriculums. It frustrated me because my father was unaware of the grades I've gotten. The last report he seen was during freshman year. My grades that year were horrible due to a certain reason. Now I'm top of the class. I wanted to tell him about my grades. I wanted to tell him that I wasn't worthless. However, I was afraid that he would say that that wasn't good enough. So I avoided talking about school all together. 

"All Chaehyun does is stay locked up in that room writing stuff in that journal of hers." My father continued. 

I looked at Jongin. He was shifting in his seat uncomfortably, picking at his food. Then I looked to Sehun. He carried a platonic expression as he ate his food. 

"May I be excused?" I asked. 

"You barely touched your food." My mother said in a soft voice. 

"I'm not very hungry, I'll eat it tomorrow." 

My parents nodded at me to let me go. I thanked them. I carried my plate of food to the kitchen. I found an empty container and poured my leftover food into it. I put the lid on and put it in the refrigerator. I leaned against the counter and let out a frustrated sigh. I was so frustrated I felt droplets of water hit my hand. I wanted to punch a wall. 

I had to hear this all the time and for Sehun to hear it bothered me even more. He had more of a reason to bully me now. He knows that I'm Jongin's twin sister. He knows that my father looks down on me. Soon he'll know what I have in my journal. 

I got off the counter and headed to room. I closed the door and went straight to my bed. It wasn't a perfect day after all. 


short, eh

Please leave your feedback, i would like to read your comments! 

Thank you for reading! :)