Chapter 11

The Perceptions of Beauty

Finals. 

The nightmare that every student faces near the end of the term. The past few weeks staying in the school library until 2am sometimes to study. There were many students all here as well trying to cram as much information before the fateful week. 

I was thankful finals had been preoccupying my mind from anything related to Suho. 

Ever since that night, Suho would send me messages asking if I was home, if I had eaten, or if I would like to go out with him on a date. But everyday he would send me a good morning and a goodnight text. I never replied to any of them. 

First of all I did not want to reply, due to my pride. I had already shown my weakness to him. I had let him know that he was my weakness and I was ashamed of myself and embarrassed. 

And second, I just did not know how to reply to his text. 

Luckily I've been studying for so long, I did not have time to look at my mobile device. 

I stretched my arms while I let out a tired yawn. I glanced at the clock on the wall. 1:30am. I should be getting home now. I packed my notebooks and pens into my backpack. 

As I walked out of the library I glanced around seeing some students studying and some were already fast asleep on their desk. I was thankful that tomorrow was the final day of exams and then I was free from this hell for the next few weeks. 

I heard a beep come to my phone, I was expecting to be Suho, but instead, to my surprise, it was my mother:

Hello sweetie, I hope finals are going well. Don't forget that I signed you up for the school winter camping trip, they are meeting up on Saturday at 7pm. I already told Heejun to pack all the things you would need. Have fun! :) 

I let out a frustrated groan. I had totally forgotten about the school trips. Usually I was able to get away with not going by going onto the laptop and unregistering my name off the list, but I had forgotten to do that this time around. And it wasn't like I could simply not go, if I did not show up with a valid excuse, I was going to get reported and it would be placed on my record. 

I quietly stomped out of the library only to realize it was quite pouring outside. I did not know it was going to rain and I knew walking in the rain wasn't going to be much fun. 

"Miss Chaehyun," a strong voice called out to me. 

I turned to see Mr. Wu. I smiled warmly and bowed politely to him, "Hello Mr. Wu." 

"Studying hard as always?" He asked 

I nodded. I go to Mr. Wu's office from time to time to help him with some of his grading. I had stopped going for a few weeks because of final. 

Mr. Wu and I looked out to the rain in silence and then i felt a nudge at my arm. I looked down to see an umbrella. I stepped back and shook my head, "Ah no Mr. Wu, it's okay I can run home." 

"I'll take you home." 

I felt my cheeks flush with red and immediately took the umbrella. "That's okay, Mr. Wu, I will run home very fast." 

"It's dangerous." Mr. Wu sternly looked at me. 

I opened the umbrella, "No worries Mr. Wu, I am a good runner. Thank you for the umbrella!" And with that I took off, running fast towards the direction of home. I felt my shoes and socks become soaked. I came to a halt when the street light said to stop. 

By then I was out of breath and leaning on my knees. I heard a beep come from beside me. I looked to see Mr. Wu in his car. He simple nodded his head to side inviting me to come in. 

I sighed and walked towards his car. I knew that if I kept running I would eventually pass out due to how tired I actually was. 

When we got to my house, I did not know how much time had passed by. I must have fallen asleep on the ride. Until I felt a strong hand on my left shoulder.

"Chaehyun, we're here." I groggily stepped out of Mr. Wu's car and bowed a thanks to him. 

He waved his hand signaling me to go inside my house. 

I bowed a final thanks and heard the engine rev as I closed the door. The kitchen light was still on which I found surprising. I slowly crept further in. Hyejun probably forgot to turn off the light before she left. I heard murmurs as I crept closer. It must have been Jongin, but he usually doesn't stay in the kitchen too long, unless he's getting food.

However, I heard two distinct voices. I peeped my head inside to see Jongin eating ramen with books spread out over the bar counter. As I leaned in further, I saw no other than, Oh Sehun. 

Oh

I darted my eyes towards the stairs. I mentally calculated how I would run to the stairs unnoticed without either one noticing. I let out a yawn, only to realize my exhaustion. I scratched away my mental calculations and started heading towards the stairs ignoring whether they saw me or not. Sleep is more important. 

The moment I landed on my bed, I had immediately fell into a deep slumber. I did not care whether or not I had changed out of my school uniform. All I wanted to do at this very moment get some sleep before my last final. 

 

I had awoken to the sound of my alarm. My sleep only felt like a blink, however, it was much appreciated. I rose from my bed lazily and trudged to my bathroom to get ready. For some reason I had decided to close my eyes while in the shower and lost track of time. I hurried to put on a clean uniform and checked the time. 

. I was running late. 

I ran down the stairs and greeted Hyejun, "Can you please get the car ready for me?" 

"I'm sorry Ms. Chaehyun, did you read my note last night?" Hyejun asked as she handed me a piece of toast.

"What note?" I frowned.

"Your driver caught a cold, he cannot take you this morning." 

Just then Jongin comes to the kitchen looking quite stressed, "My car keys, please." He must of also had a late night. I avoided eye contact with Jongin, since this was the first time in a long time since we saw each other before school. 

"Mr. Jongin, do you think you can take Ms. Chaehyun with you to school. Her driver fell ill." Hyejun said.

I threw my hands up waving as an indication for no, "No, it's okay I can run to school." 

Jongin looked at the clock, then back to me. There was uncertainty in his face. I also checked the clock for time and realize there was absolutely no way I will be able to run to school and still be on time. 

"Kai! We're going to be late lets go!" A chilling voiced called from the entrance of the kitchen. I did not need to turn around to know the owner of the voice.

Oh Sehun. 

Hyejun handed Jongin his keys. We made brief eye contact and nodded at me, indicating for me to come along. 

"Chaehyun is coming with us too." Kai walked past me to the front door. I turned around and became face to face with Oh Sehun. A taunting smirk played on his lips. 

Kai was already out the door and just when I was about to follow him out. Sehun had grabbed onto your wrist and spun you forward to face him. His face was brought close to mines.  "You are quite the something, Chaehyun." He softly whispered.

I felt extremely uncomfortable with his face so close to mines. I leaned back and tried to my grip away, but it was no use. He was much stronger. 

"First you're cuddling with Suho... and now going home with a teacher." he let out a laugh. 

I looked at him in confusion. How did he know Mr. Wu had drove me back home? 

he held up his phone to reveal a picture of me inside mr. Wu's car sleeping. In the picture Mr. Wu was looking at me, which would immediately lead to misunderstanding if anyone else saw this. I looked at Sehun in disbelief. My privacy was invaded, "how did you-?" 

"People are always watching a Plastic in an Elysian world." He leaned in closer, "This photo could cause potential problems, Chaehyun, am I correct? Suppose it was magically spread to the school population?" A thick eyebrow raised.

I glared at Oh Sehun, almost challenging him. What does he possibly gain from sending out this photo? Satisfaction? More popularity? 

Pleasure of my suffering? .... Honestly sounds about right. 

"You becoming more bold everyday, Chaehyun, are you challenging me right now, with that Plastic face of yours. Just because your Kai's sister doesn't mean you can act bold. You're still a plastic and that's that." He looked at me up and down with disgust. 

"What do you want?" I said as I turned my head away, not wanting to meet his eyes. 

"Do as I say, and I won't spread the news that you're a ." Even without looking, I knew that haunting smirk played on his lips.

He took my silence as an answer, "Good." He bumped my shoulder as he walked away.

I turned around quickly, "Do you hate me that much?"

His footsteps came to cease. His broad back facing me. I saw him release a deep breath, "What do you think?" he replied coldly and returned his footsteps out the door. 

A cold shiver sped threw my body. 

 


 

HI! To all those who still read thank you for being patient and still reading!
I realize that Sehun's emotions and feelings towards Chaehyun are a little ambiguous and mysterious and a little confusing?? right? LOL will be reveal.. not soon but will be hehehehehe much angst to come
Anyways lots happened to life and most of it was giving up my life for the produce series and the idol producer season 1 and 2/ YIKES. He Changxi really took over my life
Are you watching pd x 101? If so who's your top pick? Mine is Cho Seungyoun!