A sudden stop in time

Mission BTS: Who can change Bangtan Boys?

At first, I'd like to apologize for not updating for half a year, obviously. I did not intend to abandon this story, but I got a writer's block and then school started and long story short, suddenly it was christmas. I can't say I am still back, because my writer's block is still going strong. I am trying to overcome it however! Bits and pieces are slowly coming together. So I can't say this is a real update, because it's not. I have some ideas I can't put into the story and just having the characters do stuff makes my fantasy work, so I decided to put this up. It's a quarter explanation, a quarter introduction to what's going to happen next and half just the characters being, well, themselves. On that note, it's probably much more fun that listening to me rant! If you've gotten to this point that is (and I thank you for that, because I know my author's notes are boring).

So summed up, this chapter is a time stop, a filler, kind of behind-the-scenes-but-not-really. It doesn't affect the story at all, really.

 


 

It's not actually warm in the studio. To be really honest it's rather cold, but the author still feels uncomfortably warm. Maybe it's because today, they have the control, on the contrary to how it usually is. Usually, she's the one in power. The studio is very simple, with a lone chair she is sitting in, and a sofa opposite of it, also occupied. There's a table between them, but somehow she feels like it would be better if it was a wall. The audience in the studio is completely silent; they are eagerly waiting as well.

She taps her finger nervously on her thigh, like she's there for doing something bad. The seven pairs of eyes staring accusingly at her confirm her thoughts. Yep, it's all her fault after all.

"So Mia," Hoseok starts off, and the author winces slightly as Hoseok uses her real name. She's helpless here. "Why did you abandon us?"

Mia furs her eyebrows and pulls the ends of her skirt in nervousness. "I've been busy... and stuff,"

"That's not a valid reason. There's been so many releases since last time you updated. Bring Me The Horizon has had a new release and I haven't even learnt their title song yet!" Hoseok is obviously offended, and Seokjin pats him on the back, keeping him from standing up.

At this though, her features slightly softens as her eyes get a dreamy gaze. "Bring Me The Horizon? I was at their concert in November, it was really good," she smiles, recalling the loud music that made her friends cover their ears.

This is seemingly not the right thing to say, because the dancer seems like he’s going to cry any second and Seokjin sends her a stern look. “You went without me!” Hoseok exclaims, voice cracking.

“Hey, I’m sorry, okay?” Mia apologizes in distress.

Namjoon gives her a look of disapproval. “Not cool. Not cool at all,” he shakes his head.

She halfway expects Namjoon to say something further or for Seokjin to give her a lecture, but instead Jungkook leans forward.

“Why would you be busy, though?” he wonders. “You haven’t got many friends,”

It feels like a punch to the face and suddenly Mia feels like she should have been nicer to the guys on the island. It’s not a false statement, but to her defense she has been better on making friends. She sighs, realizing this is going to be a long day.

“We have a different school system than you guys, and I applied for three new years of ‘normal’ school. I bullted my way through elementary and middle school, now I have to really work. It’s a good school but it’s tough,” she tries to explain. She thought 11th grade at the new school would be just like she was used to, but the workload sent her flying. “I’m also applying for International Baccalaureate for next year so I have to keep my grades up.”

Jimin tilts his head slightly. He has been poking Jungkook’s cheek for the past minute, but now looks at the author. She did abandon him on an island after all and that wasn’t very nice of her. Her karma is surely going in minus. “Namjoon managed to be the top 1% in South Korea and manage and underground rap career, so why can’t you, if you’re smart enough to bull middle school and still get into a good high school?”

Mia shakes her head, feeling a slight tough of… irritation? “Dude,” she said with raised eyebrows. “That guy has 148 in IQ. I’m pretty average in comparison, I think.” she says.

Jimin seems like he’s going to reply, but Yoongi cuts him off.

“How come you suddenly changed? You have time in the weekends anyways, right?” he wonders. He’s also slightly insulted by the fact that she didn’t let him make any more cabbage-smoothies for half a year (although that is the one good thing about being left alone, in Jungkook’s eyes).

“I mistakenly signed up for the school revue and became leader for a committee at school, so I’ve even been busy then,” Mia replies and Namjoon face-palms.

“You’re really an idiot, you know that?” Hoseok says.

Mia just nods, because it’s kinda true.

“Then, what is going to happen to us now?” Taehyung asks. “Are you going to leave us for another year to work even more with this school or whatever?”

Mia is about to answer, because she actually does have a plan, but Jimin beats her to it. “About that!” he exclaims, “I can’t believe you made me propose to Yoongi! What kind of idea was that? Do you know how it is to live with that guy?!” he complains, standing up.

Yoongi turns to him. “You think you’re any better?” he says offended.

“I’m quite happy, to be honest,” Taehyung mutters.

“I’m not. That was a move, Mia,” Jungkook states bluntly. Then he slaps Jimin’s hand away, which has continued to poke him for the past five minutes, and looks accusingly at her. “You’re the one that made him like this, turn him back!”

Mia sighs, as actually explaining to them that writing something that seems likely and isn’t complete (even by her standards) takes time – especially with a writer’s block and school.

“I can’t just do that!” she says. “Jimin is the most normal of you guys anyways!”

“Still! We’re the most important!”

There is a word in Norwegian that perfectly describes how she feels now. ‘Oppgitt’. There isn’t really an English equivalent to it, but it’s the feeling you get when someone does something really stupid and you go “really. Are you kidding me right now?”, or if they argue about something idiotic and you just can’t with them. An example would be when Seokjin asks Namjoon to help him with dinner and the latter destroys everything and Seokjin knows he should have expected it, but it’s still kind of surprising that Namjoon managed to screw up dinner when he was only cutting the onions and now everything is a mess he has to clean up. That’s how Mia feels right now.

“I’ve had a writer’s block! I didn’t really know how to write what would happen next!”

“So basically you haven’t decided how Tae will ruin my life further?”  Jungkook asks in a flat tone.

“What? No! I mean, kind of, but…”

Namjoon furs his eyebrows and tilts his head in suspiciousness. “You plan the story? It’s not just random crap on the spot?”

Mia looks up, a tad offended. Not because it isn’t an understandable assumption, but rather because the mains of the story at least should have some belief in her. “I do plan the outline!” she spits. “Maybe not all the stupid stuff you do, but I do plan what happens and the outcome of everything!” she defends herself. It’s a weird setting, being a position with no power. Suddenly, she wonders if she should have been nicer to them.

Jungkook stares at Mia with a very unimpressed expression. “I refuse to believe Albert was a part of the plan,”

At the mention of Albert, Taehyung perks up, a sad smile on his face. “I hope Albert is doing well,” he smiles dreamily.

“I hope he drowned,” Jungkook replies promptly.

At this Taehyung gazes over at the youngest, sadness replaced with slight anger. “I’m sorry? Do you have no heart? How can you say something like that? You goat-hater! You –“

“It was supposed to be a monkey, now can you stop complaining?” Mia breaks in, starting to get tired of their constant quarreling. Honestly, the goat wasn’t that bad of an idea. Taehyung had liked it, and it had contributed to fertilizing Yoongi’s vegetable garden.

To her surprise, the two youngest actually does shut up at her words. Taehyung looks very annoyed and as does Jungkook, but at least they aren’t talking.

But instead of getting the peace she wants, the hyung-line spots their chance to start complaining.

“I’ve had no Starbucks for weeks! Can you tell me why you are keeping me away from the source of life?”” Seokjin inquires upset. “And Jungkook dozed off on my back! Do you even know how much I struggle? Do you?”

“I haven’t heard Bring me the Horizon’s new album!” Hoseok cries.

“I have my hammock, so I’m actually quite content,” Namjoon concludes, and Seokjin eyes him displeased. He's supposed to be on their team, and right now he's not helping.

“You made me wear the trunk of a tree!” Yoongi hollers. “Do you know how uncomfortable that is? I still find bark in the most unholy places!”

“…I did not need to know that,” Hoseok spoke quietly.

“Can you stop complaining for one second and let me tell you what’s going to happen next?” Mia breaks in in the end. She’s long since gotten tired of this, and now only wants to go home to her bed and maybe eat a vanilla cupcake.

“If you can keep Jimin from tying me up in trees,” Jungkook tries to bargain. Mia just ignores him, and he quickly gives up.

Mia sighs in content, relieved that she can finally say something other than arguing.

“I will update. As of now I’ve got several things to do so it might go a little bit slow, but it will come. I still have a writer’s block, so I want to overcome that one before I start another chapter,” she explains.

“Then, are you just going to leave us on standby?” Yoongi frowns.

Mia rolls her eyes. “Well, it’s better than to write something I’m not happy with – or at least can pass as relatively okay, right? And anyways, I’ve planned something before that,” she says.

Hearing the promises of something happening soon, Taehyung leans forward in excitement. “Really? Are we doing something? I’m getting restless on the island! No one wants to do anything fun!”

“Taehyung, looking for wild, dangerous animals as potential pets is not fun,” Hoseok remarks, but he is ignored in favour of Mia’s new plan.

“Well, it’s not something big,” she says firstly, so no one gets their hopes up. “But I decided that in the meantime, while I am getting over my writer’s block and writing something new, people can ask you questions,”

It’s not something big, but it’s better than staying silent.

Taehyung instantly falls back. “What? Ask us questions?” he asks deflated.

Mia nods. “Yes. You can tell about the life on the island, how bad Yoongi’s cabbage-smoothies really taste, how heavy Jungkook is to carry when he falls asleep in unfavourable places, how your married life is…”

“I AM NOT MARRIED!” Jimin breaks in and Yoongi and Jungkook nods wildly in agreement.

Mia just waves it off, leaving a fuming Jimin to sulk for himself, as she continues. “So basically anything. It’s not that bad, is it?”

Seokjin shakes his head. “I can finally talk to other people! I have so much to complain about I don’t even know where to start!”

Namjoon eyes him in worry, then turns to Mia and raises an eyebrow in silent question. Mia just shrugs. If it turns into a complaining-show with MC Seokjin, then so be it.

“Then, when do you think you will overcome your writer’s block?” Hoseok asks.

“I don’t know,” Mia answers honestly. “Hopefully during February sometime, but I can’t say something for sure. In the meantime, you can lead the show,”

 


 

as you probably guessed, Mia is me, and this is basically just a chapter about them complaining and blaming me about me not updating (as I read through it now it seems so bad but I'll just post this and get it over with).

So please ask anything you could probably be curious about, about this island and the stay on it! They'll answer all questions (without me, of course). The more, the better.