Yoongi's box-problem

Mission BTS: Who can change Bangtan Boys?

okay. I've been gone for two months and I don't really have a good explanation. School is just getting really busy and I'm being shipped off to psychologists here and doctors there and well yeah. I also have the most important exam coming up so I won't be able to post as much as I would like to.

On another note! As I'm really sorry this will be a double update, and I'll post the other part in the next few hours. Thank you if you're still reading!


 

 

No matter how much the others pleaded, Taehyung refused to reveal what he had requested from winning the first competition. In the end it had all been looked upon as a joke really – mostly because the goat-lover was the winner. They couldn’t quite settle with that fact. Yoongi was fairly sure tree trunks could not be healthy for his skin. Also, he had needed do disinfect it because oh dear it had been dirty. He now took bathes every third hour to get rid of the tree-like feeling. Hoseok had shot in something about how he now could play the role of the tree in High School Musical, but for some reason the idea wasn’t all too appealing to the older. Go figure.

And the week passed. Namjoon figured the next program would be sent live at the same time every week, which would mean they had one week free, then one day of painful missions. Just his luck, because now he would never get home in time to anything. His favourite drama would be done and probably running its second season when he got back, and he would have so much to catch up on. Oh, his worries.

 

It was a silent Wednesday. Jimin was currently channeling his inner spirits in the top of a palm tree, having tied Jungkook by the ankle from one of the branches so the latter didn’t get lost. Why Jimin thought Jungkook would willingly leave his bed and get lost in the woods was a question in itself, but everyone else just decided to ignore it. At least they knew where the two younger were, and now Jimin seemed to take care of his dongsaengs on a whole new level. Yoongi decided it was a nice change, even though it was rather like Jimin was an 80-year-old lady dragging her unwilling cat by a leash.

Namjoon was resting on the porch in the hammock he had kidnapped from Albert the English goat, and said goat was now in an unknown place after Seokjin had placed it upon himself to get rid of it. It was probably just tied to some tree like Jungkook though. It had been a cloud-free and blue sky the whole time, and as long as he didn’t need to do anything and could relax comfortably, he was actually quite pleased. If he just romanticized it enough, he could actually compare this to the holiday-paradises like the Caribbean. Except there was no expensive resort. Or swimming pool. And Seokjin was trying to search out coffee beans in the woods.

That was when, as he reflected on how relaxing it could actually be, he heard Yoongi. Luckily Yoongi hadn’t changed much when it came to his noise-levels so he was quite comfortable to be around, but this time it was an ear-piercing scream that ripped the air. No more rest for Namjoon, obviously. Now, unless he managed to conceal himself and hide away before Yoongi found him –

Namjoon oh my god look!” Or maybe not.

“What is it?” Namjoon groaned from the hammock as he opened one eye, squinting even though he sat in the shadow.

“I GOT ANOTHER BOX IN MY HEAD.” Yoongi was striding towards him with an upset look, a box under one arm as he touched his head with his other, most likely over the place where the box had hit him.

“I feel sad for the box, then,” Namjoon sighed, trying to avoid conversation. “Also, for my own sleep.”

“Namjoon!” Yoongi complained at the lack of his enthusiasm. “This is a serious problem! I was calmly doing Tai Chi to relieve inner stress, and just when I had managed to put both my legs behind my head, that thing came right out of the middle of the air and hit me! I mean, why me of all people? I have lots of good karma, Jimin said so! Why not Jungkook? All he does is sleep anyways!”

“Wait, you put your legs behind your head in tai chi?”

Yoongi looked puzzled at Namjoon for a second, before his face went sour again. “That was what you got from it? Yes, it’s a yoga/tai chi crossover. Now, listen to my real problem! I was hit in the head by a box! This is the second time! They are purposely targeting me!”

Namjoon sighed. Why did it have to hit Yoongi of all people? If it had hit Hoseok, he would have just opened it and not cared about it further. But Yoongi was smart, and took it to Namjoon. Oh, how he hated people being smart.

“Give it to me,” he said and gestured with his hand towards the box. Yoongi pulled the hem of his yoga-pants a little bit and snorted in irritation from the lack of sympathy, but gave Namjoon the box nonetheless.

As soon as the younger received it, he looked at Yoongi. “Did you even bother to check what was written on it?”

At this comment Yoongi looked at Namjoon with a betrayed look, wondering how the latter could say such a heartless thing. “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I have been busy tending to the gaping hole in my head!”

Groaning, the hammock-occupant sat up from his comfortable position to read on it properly. Like last time it was written in huge, red letters, so how Yoongi had avoided reading it was a mystery.

“Prize, Kim Taehyung, V. Treat with caution.” Namjoon read off it, realizing what Yoongi had gotten dumped on his head.

“It’s Tae’s prize,” he said, suddenly interested. Why had Taehyung decided to get, in the end? Then he looked up at Yoongi, who was still scowling while his non-visible wound carefully.

“Hey, where is Taehyung?”

“He’s talking to kelp,” Yoongi’s frown disappeared ever so little, as he rolled his eyes like the person of interest talking to kelp was a normal thing.

“Again?”

“Yes. He named it Bill.”

“I thought it was named Fritz?”

“New kelp. Didn’t look German enough.”

“Oh. Okay, then. … How come he think things only look foreign though?”

“Not everything. He named the palm tree Jimin is occupying Youngjae.”

“Because…?”

“How the hell would I know? It looked like a Youngjae! Just like the kelp looked like Bill.”

“Won’t argue with you on that. Just… Can go fetch Taehyung and the others then? So get this over with.”

“Why can’t you do it?” Yoongi, who had let go of his cautious hold on the injury, let the hand cover it almost instantly again. “I’m deadly wounded after all,”

“Are you becoming lazy like me? Really?” Namjoon’s eyebrows rose, looking at the older suspiciously.

The elder’s eyes widened at the thought. “I’m on my way.” And Yoongi was gone before Namjoon could even smirk for himself, applauding his cunning persuasion-skills. He honestly believed he deserved an award.

 

Twenty minutes later, after they had tied Jungkook from the tree branch and persuaded Jimin to stop channeling his inner spirit in the palm tree for a while, they all sat around the table just like they had done half a week ago.

Everyone scanned each other with suspicious gazes, daring anyone to take the first word. Taehyung sat there and looked like he couldn’t contain his joy, while Seokjin was marking the places he had searched for coffee beans on a map, Hoseok sung a Japanese rock-song while drumming on Jimin’s leg, with the latter currently doing a headstand to cleanse himself of bad energies. Jungkook was sleeping under the table, and Namjoon sat in one of the chairs while wondering if he should wake the maknae up. Nah, probably not.

“So,” Yoongi said, coming in with a plate of healthy pancakes with a weird-looking filling inside (was that broccoli and spinach?). Obviously none of the others ate that but at least he had tried. He sat down in the couch opposite of Namjoon, looking at the box that was placed on the middle of the table. “Are you going to open it?” he turned his gaze to Taehyung, who had been distracted and was staring intently at an empty spot in the air. The tenseness lay like a thick layer over them, but he didn’t seem to notice at all. Well, then it was Taehyung after all.

At Yoongi’s question Taehyung looked up, grinning like he suddenly remembered. “Oh! Yeah!” he grabbed the box and opened it happily, Hoseok sending him a ‘are you ing kidding me,’-look at his idiot dongsaeng. How could he forget when the thing was literally right in front of him?

 


Comments are much appreciated, as they really do motive me^_^ thank you for reading dspite me being such a bad author for not updating often!