Jimin's... proposal?

Mission BTS: Who can change Bangtan Boys?

“We need to do something about this,” a hushed whisper made its way through the dark room, not to be heard anywhere else.

“But how? It’s impossible,” another, lighter voice replied. “We’ve tried everything.”

“I found it in my bed,” someone sobbed quietly. “He even blended it into the toothpaste.”

“This needs to end.”

“But how? It’s an impossible mission.”

“Nothing is impossible Jungkook, if you only believe.”

“I would, but then again it’s you guys we are talking about.”

“Hey! Don’t you dare use that-”

And the lamps switched on, bathing the living room in light again. It revealed the cupboard covered in a big blanket, but no members in sight.

“Why are you hiding under the table?” Yoongi asked curiously, furring his eyebrows. He was standing in the doorway, watching Namjoon crawl out from under the blanket.

“Uh, yeah.” Namjoon said, scratching his neck awkwardly. “That’s a really good question that I have no intention of answering. Please direct it to Seokjin instead while I run away,” he reported, walking off quickly. Yoongi’s eyes followed him confused as the leader walked away, but made no moves to go after. Instead, he cleared his throat, waiting for Seokjin to appear. And the latter did as well, knocking his head into the tabletop in the process.

“We were… discussing, uh, Jungkook’s lack of vegetables in his diet. He’s still so young. Needs vitamins to grow, right? You know? He’s so puny and small, we were worried that he might not grow out of it and… stuff. Right, Jungkook?” Seokjin’s eyes nervously wandered to the still-covered table while he was fiddling with his hands nervously.

There was an unamused huff from under the table, most likely from the youngest. While Jimin beside him almost couldn’t contain his laughter, the maknae sighed and replied with a small “yes”. Jungkook did not appreciate having to say he was small and puny, and he did certainly not like it while having Jimin silently laughing his of beside him (not to mention Jimin was even smaller than him). So much for loving all the creatures on earth and being gentle with everyone.

“You were hiding under the table to discuss Jungkook’s health? Why didn’t you just ask me? I know exactly what he needs.” Yoongi said, still confused but growing more and more suspicious by the second.

Seokjin nodded as if this was the most natural thing in the world, and looked at the door Namjoon had walked through. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go help Namjoon with whatever he is doing. See you later!” And so Seokjin was gone as well.

Hoseok sighed, making a face at the tense situation unfolding. Yoongi could not know about their actual conversation. “We didn’t want to bother you, you know,” he tried to save the situation. “Also, we know what your answer would be.”

“He needs cabbages,” Yoongi started, ignoring Hoseok. “Lots of them. You’ll grow even taller than VIXX if you do. You eat too little cabbage. I’ll make you a cabbage-smoothie, just wait a second.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes, knowing he would get that exact answer. Yoongi didn’t notice however, as he was too excited making up a drink full of the vitamins and minerals Jungkook seemed to need.

“ –and you sleep to much! You need vitamin C.” and so Yoongi ran into the kitchen, leaving Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung behind under the table.

“Wait, why are we under a table again?” Taehyung asked.

 

“I hate cabbages, but I hate cabbages in smoothies even more,” Jungkook exclaimed, glaring at Seokjin. “Thank you for making me have to drink that.”

Seokjin just shrugged, inspecting a pair of binoculars in his hands. “Something needed to be sacrificed,” he stated simply.

Jungkook just glared back at him. “And why did it have to be my taste buds?” he inquired.

“Because you’re the youngest. Now if you would all just shut up so we can work, I would be very happy,” Namjoon broke in, his eyes shifting between the two. Seokjin let out a snort and turned away to find out how the binoculars worked further, and Jungkook looked at the cabbage in front of him. He didn’t even know what he was to do, as the instructions Hoseok had given him were “question it and look if it has any weaknesses”. How he was supposed to ask a cabbage was one thing, but how was he supposed to find its weakness?!

‘Step on it and crush it,’ he finally wrote down on the sheet of paper he had been given to write down his hypothesis, tests and conclusion.

 ‘Hypothesis: It’s a vegetable. Just whack it with something. Test: Hit it with something. I did. It worked. Conclusion: Cabbages can’t speak, this is stupid and I don’t see why this is necessary. Step on it and crush it.’

While all of this was happening, Jimin had pursued Yoongi out of the house to take a walk, so the elder would not realize what was happening back home.

“…Jimin, what are you doing?” Yoongi asked as Jimin as they strolled along the beach, the sun setting beautifully beyond the horizon.

Jimin shrugged with a relaxed look, although he was internally screaming because he had no idea where to go or what to say.

“Enjoying the weather, taking a calming walk for the soul. I thought you’d enjoy the beautiful view as well,” he improvised, looking out on the still ocean, sparkling in warm colours in the slowly setting sun.

Yoongi looked at him. “What?” he asked as they turned around a big rock and ended up on the opposite side of the island from the house. Jimin had maybe converted so some weird- religion, but it still didn’t mean he liked walking, of all things. Jimin preferred using his time in more giving ways, like watching grass grow.

Jimin realized he had basically pushed himself into a corner, and he started to fiddle nervously with his fingers. What did he do now?

What would the fans have done in this situation? They always had some kind of crazy idea that would get Jimin out of any problem. Not that he read fanfics of course. Totally not.

Abruptly, without thinking, he turned to Yoongi. Yoongi looked curiously at him, shifting so that they were standing face to face, his back turned against the beautiful sea.

“Min Yoongi,” Jimin said, getting down on one knee. “You’re such an amazing producer and you’re earning a lot in royalties. That’s cool. You’re really cool. Will you marry me?”

Realizing what he had just said, Jimin’s eyes widened and Yoongi’s did as well, as they stood there, looking at each other, completely frozen.

“…What?” Yoongi choked out in the end. “You took me out here to propose to me?”

Jimin couldn’t do anything but stand there, completely unmoving. Had he just proposed to Yoongi? This was not good.
“Uh… I guess… I did?”

The older’s eyebrows furred. “I hope you talked to my parents about this,” he said.

Jimin was in deep now, that was for sure.

 


 

VIXX-reference: the smallest is N and he's 180 cm? Jimin is just over 170.

I swear I've been trying to update forever but there's been so much. Well, I've finally finished a 75+ pgs long fic, so I have got more time now.

That said, I'd be so happy if you could help me out with something. I'm thinking about starting a new fic, but I don't which yet. Most are EXO-fics, but there are a couple BTS-fics there as well. If you could take a quick look here and give me your opinion on which is the most interesting, I would be really happy and thankful! Comments are always appreciated^_^