Don't Walk Away

EXO Planet

Jongin doesn't know why he's here. He doesn't ing know. But it's his fault then. Because he still comes in the café and restaurant where everyone seems angry at him. He just shuts his mouth up and just stays there in the corner where his table is placed.

And now he doesn't know why the couple Chanyeol and Baekhyun are with him despite what he did to Kyungsoo and Sehun, their friend. He just looks at the two talking and giving noises in his world again. Jongin doesn't care of what they're talking about because Jongin is too busy thinking of Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo is not yet in the place and Jongin wonders where he is now. He's worried, he should've told everything to Kyungsoo before because he knows what he feels. He just lets the chance pass that it turns to more complicated that it hurts more people. But Jongin doesn't know that it will happen. He loses hope too because he saw Kyungsoo with another guy two nights ago.

 

Jongin now glares at Chanyeol who is laughing at whatever Baekhyun said. He cannot think well because of these noisy couple and he swears just now that he'll sue this e to the school. Well, he knows that if he tells it to the two, the two won't stop; they will be noisier of pleading him not to tell anyone, so he just sips his coffee ignoring the nonsense of the two guys sitting with him in the corner of the café and restaurant. Why are they even here? Jongin wants to roll his eyes to the two but dang, he knows that his adviser will feel different and definitely, he won't give Jongin good grades.

Then Chanyeol asks Jongin with wide eyes, "Oh my god, Jongin, do you know when will Kyungsoo leave?" Chanyeol tells him. Jongin blinks at what he says and recalls something he doesn't even know and shakes his head no. Baekhyun looks like he wants to curse Chanyeol because of what he said. Jongin looks at Baekhyun because he knows that Baekhyun knows about this but he doesn't even tell Jongin about that.

Then Chanyeol pouts and Jongin asks what the hell they are talking about. Baekhyun looks at Jongin and really, Kyungsoo hasn't told him yet. Well, maybe because of what is happening right now. But Kyungsoo should've told Jongin everything now. Baekhyun tells Jongin, "Didn't Kyungsoo tell you?"

Jongin shakes his head no and Baekhyun gets frustrated, he is trapped. He knows that Jongin will ask more about it then Baekhyun slips a note to Jongin. Jongin recognizes it and accepts it. The bell rings and Jongin sees Kyungsoo walking in the café and restaurant, his heart beats faster and he gets nervous. He doesn't know how to tell Kyungsoo and because of what happened yesterday.

Kyungsoo places a smile to Chen and Chen looks at him coldly. Chen places two chocolate cakes and cappuccino on a tray and tells Kyungsoo to bring it to Jongin's table. Kyungsoo looks at Chen and pouts; he doesn't want to face Jongin for now because he's afraid for pain. But Chen just shakes his head and points to Jongin's table.

Kyungsoo can do nothing but to obey the er Chen. He pouts and rubs the back of his neck as he places the orders in Jongin's table and it's ing awkward. Then Chanyeol shouts at Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo takes his seat beside Jongin, "Yah yah, I thought you've told Jongin about it?" Baekhyun pouts and Kyungsoo asks with wide eyes.

"W-what about it?" Kyungsoo doesn't know what Baekhyun is talking about. Or he just pretends he doesn't know, maybe because Jongin won't mind anyway.

"That you'll be leaving this town." Baekhyun says and Kyungsoo nods, he knows that Jongin will know no matter what. But he doesn't expect that in this state. Chanyeol now pouts and hugs Kyungsoo like he's about to leave tomorrow. Then Kyungsoo glances at Jongin who is staring at him.

Jongin can't believe what Kyungsoo is saying now. When? Why? Where? Jongin wants to ask Kyungsoo as he stares at him. Then Kyungsoo sheepishly says, "Ah y-yeah. I'll leave this town--" Kyungsoo is now telling to the listening Jongin when Chanyeol cannot contain his feels that he's the one who tells the whole story is about.

"He'll leave this town in a week!! Why Kyungsoo, why?!" Chanyeol is like crying over a dead person and Jongin doesn't like it. He gives Chanyeol a disgusted look but the older just doesn't mind his Baekhyun's student.

Then Chen joins the conversation as he sits opposite to Kyungsoo beside Baekhyun, "So it's true? That you never bothered to tell Jongin that one?" Jongin doesn't know but he feels uneasy when he hears the Kyungsoo never bothers to tell him that but...

"W-why? It's not important and he always wants to shut me up when I remember that I should tell him. Then I'll forget about it again." Kyungsoo looks guilty that he cannot face Jongin, and Jongin doesn't like it.

Jongin rolls his eyes, "Oh, you're leaving then. Okay, but why not now, or tomorrow?" he sounds serious and four pairs of eyes circle on him. And Jongin readies himself for an attack.

But only one attack is given to him, Kyungsoo hits his arm and pouts, "Why? Do you want me to leave?!" Kyungsoo keeps on hitting him and it hurts now. He tells Kyungsoo to stop but Kyungsoo doesn't. He wants to know what Jongin's answer is. If it is a yes or a no...

He keeps on hitting Jongin until Jongin shouts, "Yes yes yes!! Because look at what you're doing, hitting me with those hard hands of yours! Aish!" Jongin now stands up and is about to leave the café and restaurant when Kyungsoo holds his arm to stop him from walking away again. Jongin remembers the feeling and he himself is struck.

 

But thinking that Kyungsoo doesn't really have the intention to tell Jongin, Jongin glares at Kyungsoo and shoves his hands away like he used to. He takes his leave and Kyungsoo, is still following behind.

"Jongin, okay. I'm sorry for hitting you hard. I'm sorry." Kyungsoo is still walking after Jongin who is not in the mood to see and hear Kyungsoo for now.

Kyungsoo keeps on mumbling 'I'm sorry' even though Jongin is not minding him until Jongin gets annoyed and mindlessly tells him, "Just leave me okay? I'll be very grateful and happy when you leave." And that shuts Kyungsoo up. Kyungsoo bows his head and bites his lips to apologize.

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and then he remembers the pain he gets from those two days... pain after pain after pain. What the ? "So you want me to break the promise." Kyungsoo says it mindlessly even though he knows it before he promised that one.

Jongin dares not to look at Kyungsoo because he's hurt right now. Why is Kyungsoo leaving him? Why do his loved ones always leave him? He cannot understand, "You've broken it since you promised that, right? So just leave." Jongin knows that Kyungsoo has to break his promise no matter what, so this is better because he almost confesses to Kyungsoo. This is better that Kyungsoo doesn't know about his feelings for him.

 

Kyungsoo bows his head to apologize to Jongin; Jongin doesn't see this because he begins walking away from Kyungsoo. He rolls his eyes and wishes that Kyungsoo will leave this town anytime soon. So he won't be hearing Kyungsoo's voice anymore; he won't see Kyungsoo everywhere anymore; no one will follow him anymore; he won't hurt Kyungsoo anymore. He'd be really grateful if Kyungsoo will do that. But, no slow motion anymore.

 

Jongin looks back and finds no one but trees which are filled with snow. He finds himself asking why everyone leaves him.

Jongin doesn't go to the café and restaurant for a day so that he won't see the people there. And he also hides from Kyungsoo who is running around and asking everybody if they've seen Jongin. Jongin's just lucky because everybody's not sparing him to Kyungsoo anymore. If they're not irritated to Jongin, they're scared. Sehun doesn't go to the café and restaurant because of the pain he got for those days and he tells himself to have a break so no one knows where Sehun is but they hope that nothing bad happens to Sehun.

 

Jongin is walking towards a tree and sits on a bench under it even if it's cold in the afternoon. He watches the snow falls calmly and the other kids playing with their nannies around. He looks plainly while hearing their giggles and watching them play.

He scans the surroundings around and he finds peace, no Kyungsoo around but he misses him, so much. But Kyungsoo has to leave and Jongin should be telling himself to be used to not be with Kyungsoo anymore or he'll be hurt more. And this is better because Kyungsoo won't be hurt so much too when he'll leave this town. Jongin knows that Kyungsoo needs a family. So he won't stop Kyungsoo for that. He wants Kyungsoo to be happy.

Then suddenly, he spots a white and rosy-cheeked child who's running and playing with a little girl and the other children too. He frowns and is about to take his leave when he sees Kyungsoo, the child he is talking about, being kissed on the head by a girl-looking deer. Jongin's eyes blink at the guy whose smile is so wide when Kyungsoo raises his head and smiles at him like Kyungsoo is longing for the guy a long time ago.

And when the GAY, as Jongin calls, waves a hand on Kyungsoo, he embraces Kyungsoo in his arms and Jongin thinks that he's too small for Kyungsoo's fat body so he better back off. The little girl jumps in joy and the guy lifts her up and places her into his shoulders which makes Kyungsoo and everyone smile.

Jongin blinks at the guy because he knows he has seen the guy somewhere, yet Jongin doesn't know where yet. Then he feels his eyes twitch and his hands clench when Kyungsoo hugs him again. Jongin stubbornly walks away and ing go to the café and restaurant to soothe his self. But isn't it a mistake to go there? Kyungsoo is working there and maybe, he'll take the guy to the café and restaurant? But Jongin doesn't mind, all he wants now is to belong.

 

Kyungsoo is really surprised that his best friend is here and is playing with him with JeHee. The truth is Luhan was the one who introduced JeHee to him after he saw JeHee because Luhan was studying in YongSen High too and he knew who the little girl was.

 

Luhan went to him and asked if he knew the little girl, Kyungsoo shook his head. Luhan laughed but he told Kyungsoo what her name was. And there Kyungsoo got to love JeHee.

But when they were freshmen, Luhan had to leave for his studies in another town which saddened Kyungsoo so much. Luhan was the only one he has back then because they're batch mates. And Luhan was one of the people who gives him their true smile and loves him truthfully.

Well, Kyungsoo wants to admit that he has this crush on Luhan before because he was so smiley and caring. When you were sad, he's the one who'll make you smile. When you're crying, he'll be the one to make you calm because of his sweet voice. Well, he hasn't confessed to Luhan before because he didn't want to lose him if he will know that Kyungsoo was gay.

So the confession didn't happen, and Kyungsoo thinks it will never happen. Because Kim Jongin happened. He doesn't know why he fell in love with this Jongin because he's the total opposite of Luhan. Jongin is so cold and he always ignores you. He's so quiet and shouts at him everytime to keep him quiet. He's not the one who makes someone smile instead, he's the one who makes someone feel scared, feel like in hell with those stares. When you're sad, he'll make you sadder because he'll just tell you that you're so ugly and don't frown on me because I'm not the one who made you ing sad. When you're crying, he'll tell you to stop, because it's irritating, and the only thing you can do is to hit him hard on his head and run away from him. But Kyungsoo never does that to Jongin, he never runs away from Jongin. He'll never run away from somebody even though he'll be the one to experience that they're leaving you.

Kyungsoo never experiences the things he experienced when he was with Luhan with Jongin. But there is one thing he never experienced with Luhan before that he feels it with Jongin only. The slow motion happens.

 

I told you, I told you Jongin.... I told you that you shouldn't go there. That's what you get. Jongin looks at the one who's opening the door and ... it is the gay and Kyungsoo.

Chen shouts and runs to the one who comes in with Kyungsoo and everyone greets him, too. "Luhan!!" Chen greets and hugs the guy. Jongin rolls his eyes and turns his back to the guy. He doesn't care. So Luhan is his name.

And he hears everyone greeting the guy so Jongin bets the Luhan was once a worker or member here. Baekhyun goes to Luhan with Chanyeol and introduces Chanyeol, "Luhannn! Long time no see! How are you? Oh, this is Chanyeol, my boyfriend." Baekhyun and Chanyeol smile at Luhan and Luhan's eyes widen happily at the news.

"Oh really! Yaha! I'm really happy for you, Baekhyunnie. I'm fine I'm fine." Luhan says showing his sweet smile and everyone in the café and restaurant finds it adorable, but there is someone who doesn't bother to spare him a glance.

Then Suho pouts, "Aish! Did you know that after you, there is also someone who will leave my café and restaurant too?" and he gives Kyungsoo a look. Kyungsoo just gives his hyung an apologetic and sheepish smile.

Luhan nods and extends a hand to Kyungsoo's narrow shoulders, "Ah yeah, I know about it before but he told me the reason why when we met in the playground." Kyungsoo bows down guiltily for he'll leave everyone in the place soon. He has to so he won't feel alone anymore. And this time, he'll be the one to run away. Kyungsoo imagines how would that feel if you're the one who's leaving them and you're not the one who's left.

 

Jongin blinks at what Luhan said. Playground... and everything goes back. It was raining and...  it. Luhan was the one who danced Kyungsoo under the rain when he left Kyungsoo alone for Sehun! Jongin feels nervous because he's sure that Kyungsoo will introduce Luhan to him...

 

Then Kyungsoo searches for Jongin wishing that he's here in the café right now because he hasn't seen the boy yesterday. He looks around and when he sees the one he's looking for, his smile widens and holds Luhan's hand and walks him to Jongin.

Jongin is sipping his coffee when he hears their conversion. And he doesn't expect that Kyungsoo will still see him in the corner for a guy is blocking the sight. Kyungsoo runs to where Jongin is and smiles happily as he introduces Jongin to his friend.

"Ah! Luhan, this is Jongin. And Jongin, even though you won't mind, this is Luhan. He's my best friend!" Kyungsoo smiles as he introduces Jongin to his ex-crush Luhan.

Jongin observes the two holding their hands while introducing him. He scans his eyes around and sees everyone is looking at them because of the guy so he should make a simple gesture that he appreciates the guy's presence, he raises his hand and greets, "Yo."

Luhan laughs and everyone is melted. So this is the Jongin guy... His laugh is so adorable. Jongin's ears also tingle when he hears Luhan's laugh. He tends to look at Luhan but he doesn't know why his gaze turns to Kyungsoo who is smiling at Luhan while Luhan is telling everyone that he likes Jongin. "Don't worry, it's unusual for Jongin to show that gesture when he first met someone, you're lucky." Kyungsoo tells Luhan and Luhan looks at the baking room and asks if Kyungsoo can still bake. Kyungsoo nods and drags Luhan to the baking room, leaving Jongin in the table. Alone.

 

Jongin watches how Kyungsoo's hand is wrapped by Luhan's hand. He raises his eyes at the skinship and he feels nervous that Kyungsoo might only misses Luhan so much that he wants to have a guy to love because Luhan is not around. And Jongin is the one whom Kyungsoo chose.

He becomes irritated at what he thinks. He gulps as he takes in the hotness of the coffee he is sipping. And he gets more irritated when Luhan is running around the café and restaurant with his limbs. And Kyungsoo's running after him while chanting to Kyungsoo to catch him and the ring JeHee gave Kyungsoo.

Jongin can't take everyone's laugh anymore and walks his way to the door when Luhan bumps into him. He flinches because the guy is ing strong, Luhan bows his head apologetically to Jongin but Jongin, doesn't know what he's doing, snatches the ring and tosses it on the ground.

 

Everyone is shocked at what Jongin did, especially Luhan. So thinking that he's the one who makes Jongin angry, he mumbles sorry repeatedly. Then Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and knows that something is wrong with the guy. He even tossed the ring JeHee gave him.

He goes to Luhan because he knows that Luhan can't handle ones like Jongin, he touches Luhan's arm and pats it, "No, it's not your fault." He tells Luhan to back off and Jongin is ing unreasonable, "Why did you throw my ring?" this isn't the Jongin he knows these days but this is the Jongin he knows when Kyungsoo introduced himself to Jongin where Jongin throws his last hot pack away in a cold night.

Jongin thinks it's nonsense so he opens the door but Kyungsoo closes it again and asks Jongin the same thing. Jongin shakes his head and just wants to get out of the place but Kyungsoo is stopping him to. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo like it is the very first time he saw the guy, "I just want to throw it okay?"

"You're unreasonable." Kyungsoo tells Jongin like he's scolding his child. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, eyebrow raising, "You're the one who's unreasonable." He tells Kyungsoo. And Kyungsoo's eyes twitch as he thinks of the things he does to Jongin, and none of them is unreasonable. Kyungsoo has his reason why he keeps on doing these things to Jongin.

"What are you trying to say? Why?" Kyungsoo closes the door again even though he knows that Jongin ing wants to get out of the place. But Kyungsoo won't let him this time. It is the ring from JeHee and it is Luhan who is involved in Jongin's false attitude.

Jongin opens the door again and Kyungsoo closes it. It happens again and again and Jongin is getting annoyed. Kyungsoo asks again with loud and big tone, "Why am I unreasonable?!" Kyungsoo now shouts at Jongin.

"Because you don't care!! You don't ing care yet you're doing these things? Why am I here anyway?!" Jongin shouts at Kyungsoo's face and everyone is taken aback. Kyungsoo is startled because Jongin returns to what he is before, two weeks ago. He is about to say sorry but Jongin cuts him, "Just shut up okay? I'm leaving." Jongin says as he slams the door in front of Kyungsoo's face.

But Kyungsoo is not returning to what he was two weeks before so he opens the door and runs after Jongin. Jongin knows that Kyungsoo is running after him so he rides on the bus wherein he knows that Kyungsoo won't be able to follow him. He doesn't want Kyungsoo to follow him.

 

He rides the bus and just looks coldly at the surroundings, his heart is beating fast yet he doesn't know why. Is he guilty? No, because he knows that he's right. Kyungsoo doesn't ing care. He even doesn't bother to tell Jongin that he's leaving, right? Because he thought that Jongin won't care. Kyungsoo only knows that Jongin, but he doesn't know this Jongin who is inlove with him.

He gets out of the bus and doesn't know where to go. He just looks around and scans the surroundings where his feet are taking him. The wind is blowing hard... and it gets cooler. And it adds to the loneliness Jongin feels.

 

Then he hears someone panting before him, "Jong... Jongin.." Jongin's eyes widen in shock when he recognizes the voice. He slowly turns around and he's right. Kyungsoo is the one who calls him.

"What are you doing here?!!!" Jongin shouts at Kyungsoo and he's sure that Kyungsoo followed him until here. Jongin rubs his face because he doesn't know why Kyungsoo is doing this to him. He ing doesn't know why he protects someone like him. He doesn't know why he smiles even though Jongin doesn't give him any. He doesn't know why Kyungsoo is following him everywhere he goes just to see him smile.

"I... I am fol...following you." Kyungsoo is still panting and rests his hands on his knees.

"And why the hell Kyungsoo?!! Why don't you just leave me alone?!" Jongin sounds like he's pleading and Kyungsoo hears it. Kyungsoo straightens himself up and sees that Jongin is so confused. He blinks at Jongin and Jongin just wants peace in his self, "I want peace Kyungsoo. I moved to this town because I want peace, I wish for peace and nothing more. Then you came, and you don't even want to give it to me. Why Kyungsoo?" and Jongin takes his feet away from Kyungsoo.

He closes his eyes and knows that Kyungsoo is still following him. He twitches his eyes and bites his lips as he tells Kyungsoo, "Please ing leave Kyungsoo. Just leave me alone okay?! Why don't you go to where you'll be going? I'll be more grateful if you do that."

"But I can't I--" Kyungsoo is about to explain everything to Jongin but Jongin doesn't want to hear Kyungsoo's voice anymore, "ing leave me alone... PLEASE!! You're confusing me! You're confusing--- and in no time, I know you'll be ruining my life!!!" Jongin shouts at Kyungsoo and faces him.

Jongin is taken aback when he sees the look in Kyungsoo's eyes... Kyungsoo does this because he wants to protect Jongin. Why can't Jongin see that? Is it because Kyungsoo is so small and fragile? Kyungsoo is hurt. Kyungsoo feels a lump in his throat how Jongin wants to get rid of him. "I-I'm sorry..." and Kyungsoo turns his back to Jongin, for the first time.

Kyungsoo is the one who's leaving, but why does Kyungsoo still feel like he's the one who's left?

Jongin watches Kyungsoo turns his back to him. He gulps as the guy takes his first step to leave him, to walk away from him. And he ing doesn't want it. But he lets it.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Okay okay. ... I can't think properly so sorry if this chapter is a mess. I don't know what I'm writing anymore. But... I posted it. It is a mess but it's not nothing okay? Sehun is not included in this chapter because of the previous chapter, that was intense for me okay? ahaha.

Uhm... so this is almost a 4k chapter. But I don't know what to say anymore okay? sorry. hahaha. Thank you for reading this chapter!! I hope you like it!

Keep reading this because OmO, we're going down to the now now now. uhuhuhu. I wish I could write better. So thank you! That's all! Bye!

--- silver