I Lost My Mind

EXO Planet

“Kyungsooooo!” someone calls. Do Kyungsoo instantly lifts his head for he knows that the person who just called him will surely throw curses and bath him with his yucky saliva. So he clutches onto his umbrella for he still have somewhere to go after his shift in the café he’s working at.

 

Kyungsoo turns around to see Byun Baekhyun, his best friend (yet he doesn’t know why) and co-worker in the café, who is wearing a face of a murderer. Baekhyun walks towards Kyungsoo like he is to attack Kyungsoo and stab him with a bread knife.

 

And as soon as Baekhyun is a meter apart from him, Kyungsoo quickly opens the umbrella he is holding for a storm is coming. Baekhyun flinches for his lips are about to bleed because of the pointed end of the umbrella which attacked his mouth. “Ouch!” Baekhyun holds his mouth like a tooth is broken and shoves the umbrella away from his face.

 

Kyungsoo loses hold of the umbrella and his eyes widen in fear. He crawls to where the umbrella went but Baekhyun kicks him on his side and begins to attack him. “N-no!! Why?! Why?!” Kyungsoo laughs so hard when Baekhyun straddles above his stomach and tickles him on his sensitive spots.

 

When Baekhyun hears what Kyungsoo says, he feels the uneasiness and loneliness he felt a while ago when he learned that Kyungsoo is leaving on Saturday. Baekhyun stops tickling Kyungsoo and interrogates him, still sitting on Kyungsoo’s stomach, “Why are you leaving?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun and smiles. Baekhyun pouts because he hates that smile: the smile of a happy yet sad man. Kyungsoo sits up straight and Baekhyun lets his body slides down on Kyungsoo’s lap. Kyungsoo puts a hand on Baekhyun’s; he needs to know because they’ve been best friends since they were young. Baekhyun knows his story so he tells Baekhyun, “I am leaving because Mom and Dad told me to just continue my studies there and be with them. After years of saving money for my studies, they decided to take me there since I am their only child and they don’t want to be away from me.” Kyungsoo explains wholly.

 

But Baekhyun doesn’t want Kyungsoo to leave, “But you’re a senior next school year, you can just finish it before going to America, you can go there for your college studies.” Baekhyun pouts and Kyungsoo closes his eyes because whenever Baekhyun pouts like that, Kyungsoo cannot resist it.

 

“But Baekhyun, I want to go there too.” Kyungsoo says and Baekhyun understands. He understands that Kyungsoo needs and misses his parents so much. Kyungsoo is living with the Byuns and the Byuns lets him because he is a friend and he is a little man in the house so that won’t spend much money to provide. Besides, Kyungsoo is the one who’s cooking for the family.

 

Kyungsoo tilts his head to smile at Baekhyun whose eyes are glued on the ground. And when he gets the gaze of Baekhyun, he says, “I know you understand.”

 

Baekhyun nods but he is pouting. “But why do you have to leave next week?! This Saturday! Oh my gosh, it’s two days ahead!” Baekhyun complains to Kyungsoo and shouts. Kyungsoo chuckles when Baekhyun tells stubbornly, “Do you not want to be with me? Do you not want to meet my soulmate when I see him? Do you not want me to meet your soulmate when you see him? How about that promise? We promised that!!” if Baekhyun is standing, he is stomping his feet like a child throwing tantrums to his mother. But he is the teacher here and Kyungsoo is the student here.

 

“Just hope that we’ll meet them tomorrow.” Kyungsoo winks and jokes, then he stands up and offers his hand to Baekhyun to stand him up. Baekhyun accepts Kyungsoo’s hand and decides to give his leaving best friend a frank before leaving. He grins secretly and then pulls Kyungsoo hardly that Kyungsoo’s lips kisses the floor. Kyungsoo winces in pain and playfully kicks Baekhyun’s feet. Baekhyun stands up and laughs wholeheartedly at his best friend’s body full of flour. Kyungsoo looks like a little white old man.

 

Kyungsoo stands up, pouts, and glares at Baekhyun. Baekhyun, as his best friend, knows what Kyungsoo is going to do so he runs out the baking room to the counter. Kyungsoo runs after Baekhyun and doesn’t care what the customers say because he knows that they are used to the employees in that café and restaurant to be energetic and cute like them.

 

Baekhyun laughs and that becomes music to everyone in the room, well, there is one person who is eyeing them for being children yet they are employees in that café and restaurant. He raises an eyebrow to the two, oh, he means three because there is this one person who joins the children’s games.

 

“Chen! Don’t protect that Byun Baekhyun! Move aside!” Chen or Kim Jongdae laughs with the two and eventually joins the two for the café was so quiet just a while ago when these two were not yet around.

 

The man looks around for those children’s laughs annoy him. And he doesn’t know why the people around him are laughing at the, they say, cuteness of the three. He rolls his eyes like he always do and when he spots a little white man who’s in proper clothing, he smirks as he thinks that this man is the manager or owner of this café and restaurant where he is in.

 

But gloominess approaches him when he hears that man laughs, “Haha, hey hey stop that for the mean time. There are still customers who don’t have orders. Kyungsoo, clean yourself and go back to work and you and Jongdae, go back to work.” He says. If this is a strict man, he would have fired these three guys but he bets he is not because he’s still smiling even though he sounds like scolding them.

 

“Ay ay! Suho!” the three salute at the man like he is the captain of the boat. And he thinks, is this place a children’s playground? Or is he in a fairy tale wherein he is the witch who doesn’t want happy endings and smiles like those four have? A heart-shaped one, an angelic one, a curly-cornered one, and uhm… he doesn’t know how to call it… but… rectangled one? He laughs at himself for thinking that way. Then he flinches when he hears someone…

 

“There, haha. I thought he wouldn’t smile.”

 

“If that happens, he’s the first one who didn’t smile who visited this café.”

 

“As expected to those four, they’re young, and wild, and free.”

 

He looks at the people who are chatting and finds them looking at him. He thinks deeply, is a smile required in this place? He rolls his eyes. He looks at the people who are chatting again, but they are no longer looking at him. And thinking more, did he just smile? And is it because of those four like those people say? He finds himself asking.

 

Kyungsoo cleans himself and sneezes. He laughs and he doesn’t know why. He just feels like he won’t laugh and play like that for a long time… He goes out of the room and prepares himself for work.

 

He gets the menu and gestures Chen who is on the counter that he’s ready for work, Baekhyun is already serving others. He looks around to see if there are still some customers who don’t have orders yet.

 

Then he spots a guy and goes to him, “May I take your order?” he says with a smile. The man looks at him and reads his nametag in gold bar, “Kyungsoo…” Kyungsoo hears him says and he nods smiling.

 

“I’ll have chocolate cake and cold water for the mean time.” the customer says and Kyungsoo is still smiling which makes the customer annoyed. Kyungsoo smiles and goes to the kitchen to get the customer’s orders.

 

The guy earlier then turns to the one beside him. And by looking at the guy, he seems like he’s been always here since he’s smiling at the two guys in the counter hitting each other’s head. This is ridiculous. He introduces himself, “Uhm, hi. I’m Chanyeol.” The guy beside him smiles at him and introduces himself too, and the name is Tao.

 

Chanyeol looks at Tao first and becomes curious for Tao has these scary features in the face, his face says ‘fighting’ but the smile and giggles oppose. “Uhm are you new here in this café and restaurant?” he asks Tao even though he already knows the answer.

 

Tao smiles and that assures Chanyeol’s answer, “I’ve been here in this town for about three years.” And Chanyeol’s mouth gives Tao an O. He nods and knows now why Tao is smiling. Then Tao continues, “But when I was new here in this town. I barely know the places here but I know this café and restaurant since I’m staying here almost everyday.” Tao smiles his sweetest and Chanyeol blinks at the guy in front of him. Is he fanboying over this café and restaurant?

 

“How about you? I think you’re new here.” Tao asks looking at Chanyeol in his very eyes. Chanyeol becomes conscious a little because he doesn’t want anyone to look in the very inside of him. “Ah yes I’m new here in this town and this is my first time here a--“

 

“You are surprised.” Tao is the one who continues what Chanyeol is saying. Chanyeol slowly nods at what Tao said and wonders how Tao knows what he’s thinking. “I’m not a psychic or mind reader. You’re wondering how I know what you’re thinking, right?” Tao looks at Chanyeol and smirks. And Chanyeol slowly nods again and feels a little scared because he thinks that this café and restaurant may have a curse in it.

 

Tao laughs at Chanyeol’s reaction, “The first time I came here, I saw the same scene just like what you witnessed earlier. The only difference was Baekhyun slipped on the drink that spilled from the table. And Baekhyun’s nose was bleeding that time!” Tao laughs and Chanyeol doesn’t know if these guys are little children hiding under these men’s bodies. Tao then points to the one whose eyeliner is darkening his eyes, “That’s Baekhyun… he---“

 

Chanyeol cuts Tao off because he doesn’t care who the workers here are. “Nevermind them. is he the manager? He didn’t scold the guys! Yet they are like crazy.” Chanyeol almost whispers the last word for he doesn’t want to be heard by the immature workers there.

 

“Oh, Suho hyung. Uhm, actually he did scold them, he was just smiling that time.” Tao smiles and Chanyeol gets annoyed. What the hell is wrong with these people? Smiling all the time, it annoys me. Their teeth are not even white as mine! Duh! Chanyeol an eyebrow at the café and restaurant. He nods at Tao to end the conversation.

 

Then Tao tells him for the last time, “Oh, and if you want to be familiar in the places here, don’t be shy to ask them, they’re really kind. And if you want to smile, just come here and everything will be fine.” Tao smiles at him and Chanyeol can do nothing but to smile at him. Fake. They’re wrong, this is just a fantasy that they’re taking to forget their problems. Everything won’t be fine if you smile because you didn’t do anything. er, what a good lie! Chanyeol turns his back to Tao to roll his eyes at everything.

 

Kyungsoo then manages to get the last piece of chocolate cake the GUY was ordering. He is about to get the cold water which Baekhyun got when the door’s bell rings that makes him look at the one who arrives.

 

I lost my mind, neoreul cheoeumannasseulttae

Neo hannappaego modeungeoseun get in slow motion

| I lost my mind the moment when I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion |

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen and he takes a big gulp when he sees the tanned boy walking ily in the aisle towards the altar. He refers to the counter when he thinks of the altar. But I’m the main character of the movie… | Neomanisseumyon yeonghwasogui juingong |

 

The boy bites his lips when he sees Kyungsoo staring at him. What the hell… he’s scary. He says to himself as he can tell that the guy in front of him is about to fall asleep in dreamland, “Ugh, can I have cappuccino?” he asks the man in the counter with his usual self, the emotionless Kai.

 

Kyungsoo gasps as he hears the guy’s voice, Oh my ! His voice is husky, My feels!! He smiles like he is ready to be taken by an angel sent from above to take him into the man’s heart

 

Hamkkeramyeon eotteolkka

Nan neoman gwenchandago malhaejumyeon

Modu wanbyeokhae, oh baby

| How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay,

Everything is perfect, oh baby |

 

“Okay…” Kyungsoo manages to say but doesn’t move an inch. When he bites his lips, Kyungsoo enters the room he has never been before and he feels like he doesn’t want to get out of it because the only one he can see is the man in front of him.

 

The man waits for him to move but it is seems forever will be given to him. He yawns in front of the man to tell him that he’s so bored and his feet are ing sore because he just moved to where god knows?

 

He furrows his eyebrows to the man in front of him and snaps his fingers in front of the man but the author should say, the thing Kyungsoo can see is that the man’s slender and soft fingers are touching his face like they are about to make their first kiss.

 

The man rolls his eyes and groans in annoyance, he looks at the other man on the counter whose eyes are surrounded by black charcoal or whatever he doesn’t know. He sighs as he repeats his order, “Can I have cappuccino?” he tells the man plainly and goes to somewhere where he cannot see the stupid man in front of him. I think I’ve got the wrong café and restaurant. He curses himself for even coming in this place.

 

Baekhyun is working when the man in the counter is cursing Kyungsoo. Baekhyun then turns to the man and the man asks him to have cappuccino. Baekhyun nods and gets his order right away and gives it to the guy who’s far from the counter even though there are many seats and tables not yet occupied in front. He doesn’t know what Kyungsoo did to this man but the man gets his cappuccino harshly from Baekhyun’s tray.

 

Baekhyun then goes to the counter again and finds Kyungsoo in the same state as earlier and still, he is holding the chocolate cake and the water’s ice cubes are melting by now. Baekhyun runs to Kyungsoo and slaps him in the face because it is very unusual for Kyungsoo being like this.

 

He slaps Kyungsoo again and he can hear that the customers are laughing at their cuteness but hell, this is a serious matter now. Kyungsoo is not yet in the world to work so Baekhyun takes his, “Kyungsoo, where should I take this order?” he asks while sitting Kyungsoo on a chair.

 

Kyungsoo weakly points somewhere and Baekhyun thinks that Kyungsoo is pointing to the wrong direction this order should be. But when Kyungsoo mumbles, “To the new guy in this place…” Kyungsoo is still smiling like an idiot and Baekhyun tells Chen, “Remind me to slap him later ‘kay?” Chen puts two thumbs up to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun lifts the tray and goes to where the new guy is. He greets, “This is your or…d.er….. sir..” Baekhyun suddenly feels his chest light as the customer looks at him plainly but beautifully.

 

~~~

 

There, I’m a cliffhanger indeed and sorry for that. but a 2k+ word-chapter yehet! at least I’ve wrote those number of words. ^^

 

I was just so excited to post this first chapter because I enjoyed planning the story and yes I’ve told you that in my foreword.

 

And just oh my god. I want to end this now!! But, I’m not yet half way to the story huhuhu. (of course, beause this is the veru first chapter) Okay… Just mah feels. Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you keep reading this until the end. Thank you for subscribing and upvoting and everything that goes with the -ing… just kidding. Oh my god, am I crazy? Yes I am. And sorry.

 

Please comment and judge my writing because I’d gladly read them and gosh gosh gosh I want to bury myself, I’m really excited for this fic yet I don’t know why… I can’t explain what I feel…

 

--- silver