Problem?

UnderCoverts.

Joonmyeon went out of his shared room with Yixing, and headed straight to the bathroom. He looked at the clock before washing his face and took a quick shower.

Yixing woke shortly after his roommate did. Being sure that his roommate was taking a bath, he went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"Oh," Joonmyeon stepped inside the living room, which was connected to the kitchen, "You're awake?"

Yixing looked at Joonmyeon and nodded, "Yeah, breakfast will be toast, egg and bacons."

The elder continued drying his hair with a towel, watching his roommate fry an egg. He drapped the towel over his shoulder and clasped on his watch.

"It's already 10 past 5," he murmured softly then looked at the younger, "I'm waking the others up."

Yixing sent him a nod, and went back to cooking. Joonmyeon went back to the hallway and knocked on each door, "Wake up!"

He did this process repeatedly until everyone was up and out of their rooms. He went back to the kitchen to help with breakfast, so did Kyungsoo. Jongin and Jongdae headed to the bathroom, washing up.

"Where are Baekhyun and Tao?" Chanyeol asked, plopping down on the couch, next to Sehun and Minseok.

"Go check their rooms," Sehun mumbled, cuddling into Luhan's chest. Luhan drapped an arm on the younger's shoulder, leaning his head against him.

Chanyeol stood up and went to Baekhyun and Tao's shared room, "Guys?" he knocked on their door. "It's time to rise and shine."

He received no response and quirked an eyebrow. "Guys." he knocked again, "Wakey wakey~"

Once again, he heard no response. Chanyeol reached the doorknob and turned it open, "Guys?"

Chanyeol looked around the empty room, finding no trace of Baekhyun and Tao. His face soon turned into an alarmed expression and dashed back into the living room.

"Guys!" Chanyeol shouted all of a sudden, causing Sehun to jolt up suddenly which caused Luhan to kick Minseok next to him, which caused Minseok to fall off the couch with a loud thud.

Jongin and Jongdae rushed out of the bathroom do to the commotion they were making, with their hairs wet.

"Baekhyun and Tao are gone!" Chanyeol informed them.

The others widened their eyes, Joonmyeon and Yixing stopped laying the food down on the table.

"What?!" Luhan got up from the couch, going towards Tao and Baekhyun's room. The rest of the members following him.

"You're right," Minseok commented, going inside the empty room, "They're gone."

"Where did they go?" Jongin went to their desk, tracing the Mac sitting on it.

All of a sudden, the door to the dorm was opened, causing the trainees to turn their heads. Chanyeol and Joonmyeon ran to the entrance hallway, finding Tao and Baekhyun taking their shoes off.

"What?" Tao raised his eyebrow.

They all heaved a sigh of relief, but they still held their gazes to the two siblings.

"Where have you two been?" Joonmyeon crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"We were out buying bubble tea." Tao responded, holding up the bag with four bubble teas.

Kyungsoo eyed them weirdly, going towards Tao to help him hold the bag, "And why would you be buying bubble tea before 5 in the morning?"

"Because we wanted to?" Baekhyun reasoned, although he was also questioning himself.

Kyungsoo nodded in response, the rest of the group went back to the living room, except for Sehun.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Sehun asked them.

Tao and Baekhyun glanced at each other, and then at Sehun.

"I like bubble tea," he declared after taking the roasted bubble milk tea from Baekhyun's hand.

"Okay..." Baekhyun awkwardly closed his hand that was previously holding the milk tea.

"Take me with you next time."

"Okay."

 

~~~

 

"Hurry up, we need to leave in 5 minutes," Yifan's voice rang through the dorm.

Baekhyun and Tao, having showered the last, are hastily preparing themselves. Baekhyun zipped up his jeans and went to his bag, taking the hard disk out. He hurriedly plug it into his Mac and analyzed the data inside.

"Do you really have to copy the whole file?" he asked his little brother.

"I was in a hurry okay." Tao replied, struggling to get his shirt on.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before going back to the data, "Here it is," he clicked a record open, showing the exact same one he showed Tao the other day, "and now I just have to find the unmodified one."

Tao sent a smirk at his brother while fixing his hair in the mirror, "Good luck doing that in three minutes."

"Done."

"Luck taken," the younger rolled his eyes, rolling his sleeves up and grabbing his bag. "Screenshot it and send it by email to the phone, we need to send it to the number."

His brother obeyed him and shortly after, the phone buzzed. Tao picked the phone up and opened the newly sent email, "Got it."

Baekhyun nodded, stuffing his phone and wallet into his pocket.

"Guys, we need to go." Yifan barged in their room, Chanyeol right behind him.

"Got it." Tao repeated, shoving the phone into his right pocket and nodded to Baekhyun, signaling him to go.

Yifan locked the door to the dorm behind him and soon walking with the rest of the trainees to SM Building. Tao, who stayed behind to wait for him, walked side by side with the elder.

"You must really like bubble tea, don't you?" Yifan asked the younger next to him.

Tao was surprised by the sudden question, but answered anyways. "Oh, yeah. I do."

"You'll get along well with Sehun then." He smiled at Tao, receiving a smile back.

They walked in silence together, while the others were having their own conversation. Tao looked at Baekhyun, who was conversing cheerfully with Chanyeol. He smiled at the sight of his brother's happiness.

"So," Yifan snapped Tao out of his gaze, "What are you going to do today?"

Tao tilted his head at the taller, "What do you mean?"

"I thought you knew our schedule?" Yifan asked back, squinting one eye.

"Well, they just told me an Baekhyun to follow your schedule," Tao rubbed his neck, looking towards Baekhyun.

"Oh," Yifan shoved his hands into his jeans pocket. "At 6 in the morning, we are all required to be at the SM Building. And then on, for 3 hours, you get to do anything that polishes your abilities to do whatever, or to learn something. Basically, an educational free time."

"So, it must be learning?" Tao inquired.

"No, but it can be. There are teachers for chinese, english, japanese and korean languages whom you can study with at that time. Also, you can practice singing, compose music, learn or practice musical instruments, practice dancing, compose lyrics, exercise, mostly anything advantageous for you."

The younger gave a nod as soon as they reached the building, meeting up with the rest inside the main hall. After some discussion, Joonmyeon and Minseok decided to have a lesson on Chinese with Luhan to help them. Jongin, Yixing and Jongdae wants to practice dancing. Kyungsoo dragged Baekhyun to practice their singing. That leaves us with Chanyeol, Tao and Yifan.

“So, what are you three going to do?” Kyungsoo asked as they headed to the elevators. They all went inside the cramped place and pressed different floor numbers.

“You should go to the gym.” Joonmyeon offered.

Yifan and Chanyeol looked at each other before nodding, agreeing to go build some muscles to their lanky stature. Joonmyeon, Luhan and Minseok pressed the second floor, which mostly consist of studying rooms and a library.

“Tao, where are you headed to?” Chanyeol asked the younger, who simply gave him a tilt of the head. He thought of going to practice his martial arts, or fighting, but he had other things to do.

“Oh, just going to tour the building for a while, and then I’ll probably join one of you,” he smiled way too fake that caused Baekhyun to chuckle at him – to which he glared to, ofcourse.

Tao went off the same floor the studying group went, after sending Baekhyun 'the look'. He bid farewell to the three trainees and went off exploring... or rather much of an excuse he needed. He took a look around and went inside a bathroom.

Tao locked the door and grabbed the phone out, sending a quick message to the number of the snapshot. Waiting for the mail to deliver, he thought about what he should do. The best choice was to ofcourse join his brother, but singing wasn't really his thing. He could always practice his fighting skills, since it's going to be needed quite a lot.

The mail acceptance was verified and Tao went out of the bathroom, to look for an empty practice room.

"Mission One, complete."

 

~~~

 

Being a trainee was never easy. Baekhyun knew that from the very start. And he doesn't want to be an idol, even though he likes to sing. Plus, having a melodious voice doesn't help either.

He always thought he had a nice voice, but upon hearing Kyungsoo's... He realized how much normal his voice was compared to his.

"Wow.." Baekhyun whispered as he clapped for the singer in the booth infront of him.

Kyungsoo waved at Baekhyun through the window of the booth, "How was i?" He spoke through the filtered microphone, with his headphones on.

Baekhyun held a button down as he spoke through the microphone outside the booth, "Amazing!"

Kyungsoo's laugh erupted in the booth, earning a soft smile from Baekhyun. The former took his headphones off and let it dangle by the stand, then got out of the booth. "So basically, this is what singing training means." He stated, closing the door to the booth behind him.

Baekhyun swiveled in his chair to face him, tilting his head to the side as a sign of confusion. Kyungsoo leaned against the door, "Uhm, so.. well," he pointed to the system with lots of buttons, sliders and turners infront of Baekhyun, "This is basically a system to tamper with your voice or with the music, which is used for recording by idols. We don't particularly use this sysyem much."

He shifted his hand to point at the three computer screens infront of Baekhyun, adjacent to each other, a keyboard and a mouse, "And that is what we use. Inside the computers, there are programmes that tests the level and the limits of our current voices, and we thrive to push the limits to acquire a higher or lower, a more softer or louder voices. For instance, one of the programmes rates your voice for a particular song and notes."

"So, basically... it's like a self-critisizing karaoke?" His eyes followed Kyungsoo's hand to the technological stuff infront of him.

"Well... uhm... yeah, I guess it is."

Baekhyun nodded some more, checking the programme out for himself. Kyungsoo went back inside the booth, with Baekhyun helping him to set the programme for a song he was going to do. The latter comes across a record button, an idea popping in his head.

"Kyungsoo," he held the button down so his voice could be heard through the headphones the younger was wearing inside the booth.

"Yeah?"

"Can this room be used for recording too?"

Kyungsoo gave a slow nod and a squnit of the eye. "Why?"

"No, nothing," he smiled, typing over at the keyboard and got the song at hold. "I'm staring now."

The singer readjusted his headphones and loosened his voice chords. Little that he knew, his so called helper was using him for information.

You see, Baekhyun was a master at using gadgets and all that, he knew what all that stuffs did. So why did he asked and acted confused? Well, simply because the time that it took Kyungsoo to explain to Baekhyun is enough for him to intercept the SM Network from inside that single computer.

And then, from when Kyungsoo entered the booth, he copied the floor, conducts and electrical circuit plans of the building to his USB.

"We're starting in three.." he counted down to the start of the song and to the end of the copy process.

"Two." Kyungsoo stopped his exercise.

"One." And he plugged the USB out along with the interception device he built himself.

Not just two seconds have passed, when the door to that recording room opened, stopping Kyungsoo to sing which led the song to go instrumental by itself.

"Hey boys." A sweet voice greeted the shocked faces of the two boys. Well, more of a shock to the one not recording.

"Hey." They both chorused, giving the intruder a weird look.

"Oh, sorry, can I just borrow one of you to help me with some boxes?" The intruder put on an apologetic face, but Baekhyun knew it was an act. "The movers are currently on a lunch break, and we need these wardrobe for fitting."

Baekhyun didn't waste a second and volunteered himself, but not leaving until he replayed the song for Kyungsoo.

Once he was out the room, like he figured, there were no boxes. He crossed his arms infront of his chest. "As much as i'm happy to see you, can't you meet me secretly?"

"I would if we have time," she dragged him by the arm, breaking his cross, and into the elevator waiting for them.

"What?" He stood dumbfounded watching his sister press the 5th floor.

She went quiet, presumably waiting for the elevator to arive at the fifth floor. And when the doors opened, she waited for a bit, before stepping outside the elevator.

"We have a problem."

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

Well, i know it's been a long time since i updated, so i'm giving you a long chapptteerrr!!!! AND i had a writers block while updating this so.. please comment and subscribe, that would seriously refresh my mind.

It is currently 3 48 a.m. right now and i am sleepy as hell.

OH. and have u heard about Baekyeon.... i do not know the responses i am suppose to help, so please give one to me too :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME!