Beginning of the End

UnderCoverts.

Classical music filtered through the extravagant ballroom, Dvorak’s New World Symphony played live echoing through the domed wide ceiling. A young dashing man with style brown hair twirled his champaign glass, sipping playfully, watching the scene before him. He reached to his ear, hearing the commands through his earpiece. 

“Any time now.” He commented to the open air in hushed voices, knowing his targeted audience would her him. 

The earpiece buzzed, the man wincing from the high-pitch noise, hearing a reply from the device. “There’s this thing called patience, you might want to look it up.” Another crackle of noise before the next reply came. “It’s ready, ten seconds.”

The man chuckled, finishing his champaign completely, smiling a thank-you to the waiter who came and picked it up. The charity diner was on the highest peak of excitement, people gathering to dance in the middle. The young man counted in his hand, bowing mockingly when the count hit 10. 

The ballroom was plunged to darkness, inciting a riot. The young man moved quickly, activating the night-mode on his glasses, grabbing his target in the middle of the dance floor before escorting him out the doors. Before the target could even protest, the kidnapper shut him up with a dose of chloroform down his lungs, knocking him out completely. 

He turned in the next hallway, finding the food trolley he placed and dumped the man under the trolley, covering him with the white drape. 

Over the comms, he heard another warning. “Lights back on in three.” 

The young man took off his suit jacket, hiding it under the trolley, underneath a disguise for a waiter. The lights turned back on, the commotion of the disappearance heard from a hallway away. The young man payed no attention to it and instead took the service elevator down to the basement. “I’m on my way down.” 

When the elevator doors opened, the young man was met with a couple of men in black waiting around a car. He smiled fauxly, pushing the trolley to pass them.

The men in black tried to approach him discreetly but the young man simply greeted them, “Good day, gentlemen.” He gestured to the trolley with plated refreshments. “Just delivering some delicacies.” 

Jostling the trolley to stop, the target’s hand fell out the side off the trolley, hanging off the base, completely visible. The bodyguards frowned at him. 

“It’s a cake?” He tried to no avail, watching the men lunge for him, shrugging. “It was worth a try.” 

He pushed the trolley to the first incoming attacker, then slid across the top of the trolley to kick the man behind him. 

“Baekhyun.” The comms in his ear picked up another message. “There’s a couple of bodyguards down in the basement.” 

Baekhyun doubled back over a kick to his chest, heaving. “You think?” Returning the favor with a roundhouse kick to the head. 

One of the men grabbed a plate of eclairs, smashing it against Baekhyun’s back. “That was a limited edition 1998 china, you !” He grabbed the man behind him by his hair, pushing him downwards to meet his knee to the solar plexus. 

He shielded himself with his arms when the fourth bodyguard threw a bowl of punch at him, not the bowl, just the drink. He scoffed, “What the hell was supposed to do? Blind me?” He reached forward and grabbed for the bowl, kicking the man’s knees under him, smashing the glass against his head. “At least use the bowl.” 

The last attacker stopped in his tracks, looking over all his fallen comrades before turning back to the man he was supposed to attack.

“Damn.” Baekhyun sighed after the commotion was over, straightening his apparel ruined by various condiments of sweets, clicking his tongue. “This was a really nice suit.” With that, he er punched the last attacker straight on his jaw. 

That’s when a van came rushing in, the drivers seat rolling down, revealing a man laughing from his seat, “What in the world happened to you?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, sliding the back door open, roughly pushing their unconscious target to the back seat before hopping to the passenger’s seat himself. “Your incompetence of warning me, that’s what happened.” 

Tao chuckled, reaching out to trace a finger down Baekhyun’s face, dolloping a cream stuck to his chin before tasting it himself. “Mmm, rum vanilla.” 

Baekhyun pushed his brother on the shoulder, smiling despite his efforts to stay pissed. “Shut up and drive.” 

 

 

~~~

 

 

They got their target to the drop-off point as planned by their handler. The Company was very particular about this mission, asking them to meet up with their handler instead of the usual anonymous drop-offs. This time it was in an abandoned basketball court. 

A steady footstep rang through the concrete, Baekhyun and Tao turning to meet their handler, the latter’s hands on the unconscious man leaning on his legs. “What’s with the sudden meeting?”

Their handler smiled, ignoring the question. “Good job. We’ll take him from here.” Then men came out from the dark, startling the two brothers, moving to carry their target into their own van. 

Baekhyun frowned. “Mind telling us why kidnap the guy and not assassinate like usual?” 

Another smile. “You know the rules.” Baekhyun nodded at that, knowing well that they should not ask questions.

“I’m here to give you your next mission.” Their handler finally answered their first question. Tao raised his eyebrows to the reveal, confused by the odd way he’s informing them.

“Which is?”

The handler smirked, throwing them a duffel bag. Tao caught it with no effort, opening the bag to reveal changes of clothes and files that looked to be new passports and records. He strapped the bag on his shoulder, opening their new passports. “You just changed our last names. Oh and I’m Chinese? Does that count as racism?” 

Baekhyun snorted but both were shortly reprimanded by their handler in the form of a glare. Their handler shaking his head, “You’ll be infiltrating SM.” 

The brothers stopped in their humor, mouths parted open in shock and mild excitement and relief. “Really?” 

Nodding, the older man smirked. “Congratulations.” 

With that, the man and the back-up agents left. Leaving Tao and Baekhyun alone in the basketball court, with a running van and new identities in the bag. Tao let out a shudder of a breath, looking at Baekhyun. 

“We’re finally doing this?” The younger asked, slowly smiling, their goal in their grasp. 

Baekhyun laughed, letting the nerves out, nodding. “We’re doing this.” 

Tao fully smiled, although his eyes were painted with melancholy, he resolutes, “For our family.” 

Letting the laughter die down, Baekhyun took a deep breath, exhaling with a strangely sad smile filled with resolve. 

“And revenge.” 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

[REVISED ver.] So, this is the first chapter, hope its not THAT bad.... nevermind, it . i'm sorry.

But, if you still want to unravel the mistery and the plot of this story, keep reading and wait for the next chapter. I'm currently trying to upload the next one as fast as i can, so probably around next week or the next few days.

Please comment~ And thanks for reading~