Lack of Information

UnderCoverts.

"Urgh."

Tao briefly glanced at the owner of the grunt.

"Urggh."

With his eyes scrolling through the data in his laptop, he decided to ignore the elder.

"UURGGHHH."

He took a deep breath, and spoke with his eyes locked on the screen, "Hyung, please concentrate."

Baekhyun grinned at the response, finally getting his attention, "But," he whined, "I can't find anything! This number doesn't even exist!"

Tao looked around the room and thanked the gods for small miracles. He and Baekhyun had their own rooms since they insisted on being together and acquired the room at the very back. "Are you sure you got the number right? Cause iIm finding a whole bunch of things," he continued scribbling notes down on his memo.

Baekhyun got up from his bed and went to Tao's desk, looking at the number. "Oh. Nevermind. I got it wrong," he smiled giddily.

The latter sighed and faced his brother, "Hyung, this is your specialty, you do it."

Baekhyun chuckled as he saw his little brother pout, “Okay.” He grabbed his chair and settled next to him with a notebook on his hand and a pen in the other, "Start with the basics, what bank is it from? Then work from there.”

After all questions were answered, they were left with some blanks. "There's nothing really suspicious about it. Just a normal bank in a normal street with a normal person.” Baekhyun noted off, catching attention in one detail. “Wait, how about Jung Man Se, owner of the bank account? Where’s his profile?” Baekhyun snuggled on his pillow, back in his bed.

Tao nodded, getting right to it. The silence was filled by Tao's keyboard tapping continuously without stop. When he cracked the residence profile, he immediately searched for Jung Man Se, and printed the file. Baekhyun went towards the printer they bought on their own, waiting for the paper to print, "Make sure to cover up your tracks so there are no records of your break in."

The younger nodded, doing what he is told to do. Baekhyun took the freshly printed file and jumped on Tao's bed, where the latter was taking a break. He slumped his head on the younger's shoulder and began analyzing the paper.

"Jung Man Se," Baekhyun read out loud, "Currently 34 years old, working as a concierge in a Hotel. No wife, husband or child, and no living relatives except for his sister in Australia."

"Nothing odd about that except for the fact he's forever alone," Tao commented, sitting up. "But still we need to check everything. Do you have the location of the Bank?”

Baekhyun nodded. 

"Let's check it then.” Tao suggested as he took his bag and dragged Baekhyun by the wrist, heading towards the door.

 

 

~~~

 

 

"Yeollie!" A petite chubby guy called in the kitchen.

"Minseok-hyung!" The giant with dark red velvet hair got up from the couch and strode over to the kitchen counter.

"We're suppose to go practice right?" The eldest asked, taking an energy drink from the fridge.

Chanyeol’s eyes went wide, as he snapped his head towards the rest, slouching at the couch and floor, laughing at the TV. "Guys!" He caught the attention of the 8 trainees watching. "We have practice now."

Joonmyeon stood up immediately, "Tao and Baekhyun."

"Tao and who?" A cute-faced deer-like guy looked up at him.

"The new trainees, they live with us! They moved to-" He was cut short when one of the rooms door flew open, revealing the spoken ones. All the trainees’ eyes led to the two, who were holding hands.

"Is it far?" Baekhyun asked the taller as he walked to the living room, just to meet ten pair of eyes, eyeing them. An awkward silence rushed in the room, a cough breaking out of Tao.

"Hey." Tao greeted. "I'm Tao and this is Baekhyun. Nice to meet you." He bowed, forcing Baekhyun to bow by dragging his head down with him.

A couple of 'hey's and 'hello's were thrown around the awkward living room.

"I'm Park Chanyeol," he went up to them, shaking their hands.

"I'm Luhan!" the deer guy waved cheerfully.

"Oh Sehun. Maknae." The youngest nodded.

"I'm Kim Minseok?" he questioned himself, bewildered at the sudden new comers.

"Wu Yifan," Another tall mean-looking guy raised his hand.

"Do Kyungsoo, the cook!" A wide-eyed tiny guy stood up, bowing at them.

"Kim Jongin, also a new trainee, but what can I say? I adapt quickly," The y tan guy stood, nearing them and slung a hand over Tao's shoulder.

"I'm the troll here, although you met me just now, Kim Jongdae," the one flipped over on the couch giggled.

Tao and Baekhyun bowed at all of them while memorizing their names, as the latter crumpled the paper of the address behind his back and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Well," Baekhyun started after a while. "We'll get going then. Nice to meet you all."

 As he was about to go, Chanyeol grabbed his wrist, and pulled him back. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow, getting suspicious. "We'll go together," The taller smiled, earning a half-hearted smile from Baekhyun.

 "Go?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

Yixing stood up and headed to Tao, patting his head, "Yeah, to practice. You haven't gotten your schedule, so now you gotta follow ours."

Tao shoot a worried glance over at Baekhyun, "We were just about to go ask the trainers for that," he laughed giddily.

"Well, we'll just follow you then," Baekhyun backed him up, smiling.

One by one, they went out the door, Baekhyun and Tao being the last one to lock the dorm. Even without words, they knew each other’s thoughts.

How the hell are they supposed to do this ?

 

 

~~~

 

 

"Higher!"

 "Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

"Not your volume, your pitch!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

"Come on, Baekhyun!"

He heaved a sigh, crouching down on his knees, "That's the highest I can go."

"Well, then that , cause you're going to have to go higher than that."

"Give me a break!" Baekhyun whined, as he felt a sturdy pair of arms hauling him up on his feet.

"Not what you expected right?" A deep voice ringed in his ears, his hand still on his shoulder. 

Baekhyun turned around to the owner of the voice, continuing his whining, ”Please tell me that this is not our daily routine."

"Too bad.” Chanyeol told him, smiling. "It is."

Baekhyun sighed, taking a second to catch a glance on his little brother through the glass that separated the room into two, and he was pretty much in the same position as he is. The only difference is, he's singing and the latter dancing.

With Jongin leading the dancing, the 6 trainees practiced a choreograph to improve their dancing skills. Tao found it ridiculous and very condemning, but an effective way of creating a distraction and keeping trainees to stay. When the music ended, all dancers dropped to the ground except for him. 

"Tao," Sehun panted, "How can you be breathing normally and still stand after all that dancing."

“Yeah, don't you feel like collapsing?" Minseok joined the conversation.

Tao looked around the trainees, catching Baekhyun's glance at him. He put on a smile, "No, this kind of thing doesn't take a toll on me."

"How can it not?" Sehun sat straight up from his lying down position, glaring at the elder, "Are you even human, Tao?"

Tao laughed it off and faced the youngest, enjoying the snarky attitude he had, "Aren't you supposed to be calling me hyung?"

Sehun stuck a tongue out at him, earning a laugh from Minseok and Yifan.

Looks like he's doing well. Baekhyun smiled through the glass window.

"Baekhyun!"

"What?" He snapped out of his thoughts by Chanyeol's voice.

"No, you've been spacing out, are you okay?"

"Yeah. No. I mean it’s okay. Just a little bit dizzy by all the breaths I've wasted. But overall, yep, I'm good.” He smiled and turned his attention back to his laughing brother.

"Well, then this might be a good time then," Chen strode over and grabbed Baekhyun's arms. "It's break time." He dragged the latter to the next room to join the dancers. And they all began chatting, mainly around the new trainees, getting to know them and running them through their schedule.

"So, we normally have break for about an hour or so and then we have practice for 4 hours again, but this time we switch positions. The singers are dancing and the dancers are singing," Joonmyeon explained to the new trainees.

"Yeah, and this doesn't change. The only thing that changes is the group members." Yixing added, then walked away to get water.

"We don't have anything to do now?" Baekhyun inquired, a plan coming together in his brain.

“Oh, and you're free to go anywhere," Joonmyeon nodded, quirking an eyebrow up.

"Me and Baek-hyung have to go get our schedules with the trainers first, so, excuse us," Tao stood up, wasting no time to grab his brother's hand and rush out the door, leaving the trainees confused.

 

 

~~~

 

 

"We turn left here, and... where to?"

"Tao, are we lost?" the elder asked, being dragged around by his little brother.

"No, this is the path. But I don't see any building of a sort, just an old empty warehouse at best.” Tao explained, looking at the warehouse a few meters ahead of him.

"Well, we don't have much time, so let's just ask around the people here," Baekhyun turned and went to a nearby convenience store. "Sir," Baekhyun called the owner, "Do you perhaps know a 'Kepsong Bank' around here?"

The owner put his newspaper down and stared at Baekhyun then at Tao, "What ye talkin' about kid? There ain't no such bank around here, just shabby little stores and a house complex."

Tao was about to inquire more, when Baekhyun gave him a knowing stare. Immediately understanding, he bowed in appreciation and went out of the store. "How many minutes do we have left?" Baekhyun asked, holding his notes out.

"Umm, 20 max.” Tao checked his watch. 

"We can go check Jung Man Se and his little apartment.” Baekhyun frowned, feeling something was off.

They went and took a cab to Jung Man Se's apartment, and this time, the apartment was there. Feeling relieved, Tao went in the apartment and headed to the concierge. "Excuse me," He called, smiling brightly at him. "Can you please give me the room number for Jung Man Se please?"

The concierge studied Tao, "And who might you be?"

"I am his brother in law," Tao lied smoothly.

The concierge seemed to believe it and typed the name on the resident's computer. He frowned in confusion before glaring at Tao.

"Okay, if you want to joke around, then go somewhere else kid," he stated coldly, earning an eyebrow raise from the younger.

"What?"

"There is no such resident in this apartment by the name of Jung Man Se."

His mouth hanged in the air, before closing it and mouthing his apologies. He then ran out and spotted his brother in a store, conversing with the owner. "Hyung!" he called out to which he got no response of. So, he came closer and raised his hand to tap his shoulder.

"Can you repeat that please?" His brother asked in disbelief, leaving Tao's hand awkwardly raised in mid-air.

"I told you son, it's no good to ask about a dead person's whereabouts.” the owner explained with a hoarse voice, before going back to his newspaper. “It’ll haunt you.” 

Baekhyun looked back at Tao. “I think it just did.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

[REVISED ver.] And as promised, POSTED another chapter~ meh, it's a short update but it's still an update right? ANYLAYS, I was actually wondering how the genre of this thing is going to be. Originally, this is for the lovers of like keeping secrets, undercover, spies, and carrying out missions  and all that, but there is also romance in this. Although it may come later, but there will be ROMANCE.

SO! Which one do you think will be better? More missions and Less romance, More romance and Less mission, or both the same importance? Please help and comment cause i do not know if this story is actually going good so far. 

IF, you want each chapter to have more developments or longer, please comment and all. 

THANKS for reading, and the next chapter will be posted probably on Wednesday, due to my finals tomorrow.