[ Season 1 ] Prologue

UnderCoverts.

His heavy breathing filled up the silence as he fell on his knees. Tears poured down his eyes, mixing with blood. His shoulders stiffened, his arms weak as if the gun in his hand suddenly gained a tonne.

“You,” he breathed, all the energy knocked out of him. “After all this time, you-“ gulping down the saliva blocking his throat. “You’re the one?”

A loud-piercing flash of lightning illuminated their bloody faces. The rain continuously dropped on the pavement like marbles against concrete. Loud and clear, with mischief lacing it, a horrendous laugh broke out. The man on his knees shot his head up, staring deeply into the maniac.

“You, how could you? After all this time! I trusted you!” his laughter echoed in between the cluster of dense mahogany trees, mimicking the pitiful man. “Bull,” His face serious.

The kneeling man stared at the elder maniac with mixed emotions of pure confusion, betrayal, sadness and hatred.

“I’m the one that’s more surprised here,” the maniac took a step towards the man, both completely drenched. “I kept thinking, how can I do this without failing?” he took another step forward, the man flinched in fear. “How can I do this without arising suspicion?” he closed in till he’s just one meter apart from each other.

The mans shoulder began to shook, so did his arm. Not wanting to give up, he brought his injured left hand to support his shaky right arm, steadying it and keeping the gun in place of his sweaty hands.

He took his last step forward, closing the space between him and the younger. Thus, the younger had his shaky gun in contact right with the maniacs stomach.

“How can possibly I betray you?” his voice softened, but the younger knew he was faking it.

“LIAR!!!” the man shouted, reloading the gun. “YOU DON’T HAVE THE HEART TO DO WORRY!! YOU DON’T HAVE THE HEART TO CARE!!! You…” his eyes softened, not wanting to say the words out, “You must die.”

The maniac shot his eyes wide open, reflecting his fear. The younger one was shocked, thinking that he had offended the maniac. He was about to open his mouth to say an apology, when suddenly, he smiled; a very twisted smile.

“Then kill me,” his voice sickly sweet like rotten candy. He suddenly kneel down, wrapping his hand onto the youngers hand on the gun, “Just pull the trigger, and it’ll all be done.”

He shivered at the touch of his cold hands against his trembling ones. He was frightened of how close they were that he can see his bloodshot eyes. His finger hovered against the trigger, not sure of what to do.

“That is,” the maniac continued, putting on a fake pout, “If you can actually pull the trigger.”

He then leaned closer to the trembling man, stopping by his ears. And in a soft voice, almost inaudible, he whispered, “Can you possibly kill…”

His hand outlining the horror-stricken ones face, “your own…”

The rain suddenly poured harder, and the second lightning strikes, making a loud deafening noise. The maniac mouthed his last word in his ears that puts him over the edge.

The man screamed in frustration, losing his temper.

A sudden loud popping sound overpowered the rain, which brought silence to the last one standing.

The gunshot.

 

 

 AUTHORS NOTE           

 Well, i guess that was the prologue... just saying though, if there is any mistakes that is implied in the story or anything... just tell me. 

Oooh, and also, i am quite confused as to what a beta reader is .... anyone explain it to me please?

And one more thing, i'm inneed of a image or thumbnail or well picture for the story, so if anyone could help or suggest some, that would be amazeballs *hair flip*

Please comment! I really love seeing comments XD