Mission : Financial Files

UnderCoverts.

The night plunged the whole city to darkness, creating a perfect camouflage for Tao and Baekhyun. The leaves rustled with every single movement they make, leaving no space for silence.

“How long is it going to take you?” the younger fidgeted, trying hard not to move.

“I am trying to control all of the security cameras in a building from an outside server with a normal laptop without a software,” Baekhyun whispered harshly. “How long do you think that’s going to take?”

“I hope not long enough until my face gets itchy,” Tao answered, repositioning his footing. He looked through his binoculars at SM building, watching the lights on the windows. “Not many people are still in that building, but I bet securities are on guard,” he commented as he spotted two guards by the front entrance, slouching on the security desk.

Baekhyun frowned, looking intensely at his laptop balanced on his knee, “It’s already past midnight and there are still so many servers online. Seriously what are people doing at this time of night?!” He frustrated.

“Well, obviously not breaking in and stealing files.”

The elder made a face to the unnecessary comment before going back to his laptop. His eyes widened at the sudden opening through the security system in the SM building and hacked into it. “Okay, I got the footage for about approximately 1 minute.”

Tao scooted over to Baekhyun, observing the footage, “Wow, the insides aren’t as guarded as I thought it would be. No guards present except for a security camera.”

Baekhyun closed his laptop as soon as one minute was up, and packed it into his backpack, “We have to move now.”

He handed Tao a walkie-talkie, to which the latter gave him a straight-face. After packing up, they took a route to the side of the building, slipping through an open window. The two walked in silence, quick and soft at the same time. When they reached the security camera box, in which a guard was watching all the footage in, they stopped and hid behind the wall of the box.

“You go and find the location of the files, I’ll do something with the cameras,” he ordered his little brother off, wishing each other safety.

“Here goes nothing,” he whispered softly to himself.

Baekhyun knocked on the door to the box twice, hiding on the left side of the wall so the door won’t hit him when it opens. The guard unlocked the door and came out. As soon as he did that, Baekhyun grabbed his forearm, twisted him into his grasp and pressed a napkin to his mouth. The guard fell unconscious against Baekhyun’s embrace, to which he dragged the guard inside the box, and dropped him on the ground. He took the guard’s hat off and placed it against his head.

“You are one fat man, my friend,” he commented as sat down and took watch over the camera footage, keeping it on a loop, so that Tao won’t get discovered on the recording. 

 

 

~~~

 

 

The eerie silence of the hallway brought shivers down Tao's back. Where the hell is the index in this building? He hid in a corner, avoiding the security cameras as he looked at the plates on the door. So far, all he saw was doors, and doors, and doors and more doors. Practice room, another practice room, gym, recording room, and another practice room, well, anything but finance room.

Tao brought a hand up to his hair, heaving a sigh.

"Security cams are disabled, do you copy me?"

Tao stumbled upon the sudden call from his older brother, disrupting the silence he was surrounded by.

"Tao, do you copy me?"

"Husshh," he whispered harshly to the walkie-talkie, "I copy. Don't make so much noise, you'll attract attention."

A disrupted laugh was heard from the walkie talkie, causing Tao to whisper a harsh 'what' back at the device.

"There are no guards inside the building except for the one I knocked out, you're clear."

Tao gave out a grunt and stood up from his crouching position, roaming around the hall freely.

"What's taking you so long to find it? SHINee are practicing right now in the fourth floor practice room number 2."

"Can't you just warn me when they get out or who's going my way so I won't get discovered?" Tao asked his brother over the walkie talkie.

"I'm keeping the footage on loop right now to make sure you don’t get discovered if someone checked the recordings of the security cameras, so I can't see you or tell you when SHINee are going your way. They are all frozen statues right now."

"Well, then we're in trouble cause I'm going up to that floor," he informed as he rushed to the stairs, carefully not making any sound.

"I'll text hyung to keep s inside the practice room until you're done."

"Roger that. No communication until I clear out." Tao secured his walkie talkie in his back pocket, and arrived on the fourth floor. He speed-walked through the hallway, passing all the practice rooms, reading the writings on the plates. He stopped at one door, with black letters written on the silver plate : Finance Room.

“Okay,” he whispered to himself, getting his picklock tools out. He inserted a snake rake through the key hole and shook it for a bit before hearing a soft ‘click’. He opened the door and took out the rake to immediately close the door behind him.

“I’m in. Hyung, do you copy?” Tao said to the device, and looked around the room.

The room was small, only enough to fit one desk that took three quarters of the space and a small cabinet beside it. He immediately went to the desk and sat on the swivel chair.

“Copied.” His brother’s voice went through the intercom.

“There is a computer .... and that’s it. Only a computer,” Tao shook the mouse so the computer would turn on again from its sleep. Like any other computers in the world in a business, it was password protected.

Find the finance records in it.”

“There’s a password, hacking now.” Tao communicated, hands rapidly typing on the keyboard, “Hacked.”

“Good. Now find the finance record.”

Tao did exactly that. Opening up files to find it, “I found it.”

Okay, you don’t have much time. Uhm...” his brother’s voice hesitated over the intercom.

“Hyung?” Tao asked for his presence, staring at the finance record.

Copy it to a hard disk, and make sure you delete the copy board.”

Without wasting a second, he rummaged his bag for a hard disk due to the lack of light in that room except for the light coming from the computer itself. He plugged the cable to the system unit and copied every file on that computer, honestly he just wanted to get the hell out. Due to the large files, it took quite a while.

“Come on,” he chanted as he stared intensely at the half-green bar, hoping to move faster.

What’s taking you so long? He reported that SHINee was about to leave.”

“Come on,” he repeated, gasping when the bar was fully green. He unplugged the hard disk and deleted the copy board, and put the computer to sleep, “I’m done.” He said through the walkie talkie.

You’ve got exactly less than a minute to get out of the fourth floor.”

“Roger that.” Tao responded as he closed the door and locking it back.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Baekhyun packed his bag and disabled the loop so the footage can run again. He stood from the chair and walked to the passed out guard. Placing his arms under the arm of the guard, he pulled him up and back into the chair and placed him in a comfortable position.

Tao walks in the door that moment, causing Baekhyun to snap back at him.

"You knocked him out?" he asked the elder as he opened the door wider for him to pass.

"Yeah, I told you over the walkie talkie," Baekhyun responded and locked the door again from the outside, using a lock pick tool.

"You did?" Tao inquired, leaving through the window once more, checking for any patrol guards.

"Yeah. And don't worry, the guard won't remember anything from just now." His brother replied.

They spotted no patrol guards, took the chance and rushed outside the SM building, and headed towards the dorm.

"I didn't ask you about that," the younger took a deep breath as they slowed down their pace.

Baekhyun grinned and ruffled the tallers hair, "But I knew you were thinking of it."

Tao was about to fight back but he stopped in his place right infront of the dorm. Baekhyun realized Tao's figure and stopped to look at him, "Tao?"

The younger looked at his watch, which is now 4:42. He grabbed Baekhyun's hand and passed the dorm, walking towards the streets.

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asked while being dragged around by his little brother.

"Saving us an alibi."

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY HEY HEY~~~ Because i am litterally through the air, due to my favourite snsd member's birthday today, i am posting a new chapterrr!!! IM SORRY ITS REALLY SHORT BUT...I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE THESE MISSION THINGS... but i got the main points learned from my teacher so, i'm hopefully getting better.

Ok, so that's it i guess.. Next update will be around when i finish the next chapter or on Tuesday... or monday, i don't know.

#HAPPYOONADAY