My Present to You

We Got Married: Milky Couple

"Dear IU/Victoria, 

You have done well cleaning your husband's room and to return your favor, your husbands have a surprise for you! Please anticipate for it! 
 
-WGM Staffs"
 

10:34 p.m., December 3, 2011

IU sat comfortable in a cozy cafe waiting for her husband. Today, she wore a heavy brown jacket with fur at the edges of the hood, blue jeggings and chocolate pompom boots. Her beach wave, brown hair flowed down to her mid-waist that highlighted her figure.IU's makeup was light as usual with her lips glistened in the light and her eyes sparkled with innocence. 

 

MC1: She looks extra cute today.

MC3: She's a wife now, she is making the effort to look pretty for her husband.

 

Although IU's appearance was in tip top shape, her mood was not. She wasn't radiating her usual eagerness to spend time with her husband. In fact, IU seems annoyed with her husband. Checking her phone what appears the nth time that evening, IU pushed her phone away and sighed.

 

 

~IU's Interview~ 

One of my pet peeves are tardiness. The first time we've meet as a couple, Wooyoung was late.  Then I had to wait for him to come back from his two month tour. Now that he's back and has made time for me in his schedule, he's late. I don't like this. At all.

 

 

MC3: IU-shi is still young. She doesn't realize that she misses him and doesn't like that he's prioritizing work over her.

MC2: Does that mean IU is a clingy type?

MC3: No, she just needs to adjust to the fact he can't always be there for her.

MC1: Where is Wooyoung-shi? 

 

 

"This has been 2PM! Kansamida!" Wooyoung chants along with his fellow 2PM members.

 

 

MC3: Ahh, the wife waits for the husband while the husband is making money!!!

 

 

The boys left the stage half-heartedly, tired yet content with their time spent with their fans. As soon as Wooyoung left the stage, he rushed through the crowd of backstage crews, thanked and bided them farewell, then raced to the waiting room. Wooyoung was immensely tired but the thought of seeing IU again washed his exhaustion away. Once he arrived to the waiting room, he hastily grabbed his belongings and left the concert venue.

 

 

MC3: Omo, he's leaving without changing?

MC2: I guess he really wants to see his wife!

 

 

Meanwhile... 

IU sings softly to herself, filling the silence of the cafe.

 

 

Pulling up next to the cafe, Wooyoung walks into the cafe to a very bored IU. IU, noticing her late LATE husband at the entrance, glares at him and turns away.

"IU-ah?" Wooyoung called hesitantly. IU hmphed, not budging at all. She's mad at him.

"Mianhae, I just finished  a concert and rushed here as soon as I could. Look, I'm still wearing my concery clothes." Wooyoung walked to her and poked her by the shoulder. Does IU accept his apology? Nope, she hasn't budged yet. 

"Chincha, chincha mianhae Boo, I'll try not to be so late again, dont be mad anymore, pleeeease?" Wooyoung pouts with his best puppy eyes he could muster. IU inwardly sighed, that voice. If she knew him well enough, Wooyoung would be giving her his puppy eyes. IU looked at Wooyoung at the corner of her eye. Yup, he is. She is defenseless when it comes to his eyes and ageyo voice and he was wearing a different look today.

"Arraso, just don't be late, okay? Every time we've met, you have been late." IU finally gives in. 

"I'll try my best!" Wooyoung smiles.

"Did you order anything yet?" Wooyoung notices the menus on the table. The cafe had a variety of drinks, from smoothies to teas. 

"No, I was waiting for you but I know what I want to order." IU replied.

"Mianhae..." Wooyoung felt extremely guilty for making her wait now.

"Gwenchana" IU assured him. Now that her anger subsided, IU really wanted to just spend the evening with him. Wooyoung skimmed through the menu before the waiter came by. 

"I'd like a hassle nut house brewed hot coffee and.." 

"I'd like a hot frech vanilla cappuccino please." IU finished. The waiter nodded but placed a WGM letter on the table before leaving the couple alone. 

"We have a mission today?" IU watched Wooyoung open the letter. 

 

"Dear Milky Couple, 

A midnight date would be fun, don't you think? 

-WGM

-P.S. Please arrive to the train station before 11:20 a.m."

 

 

~IU's Interview~

"When the waiter placed the letter on the table, I thought 'Eh? A mission? What about the rewards that Victoria-unni and I would receive from our husbands?' Then I realized that I was thinking of an event more than an actual present. That was wrong for me to think that but I did feel a bit sad afterwards." IU said. 

 

 

"Eh? The WGM letter is so vague today," Wooyoung scratched his head, "but there's two train tickets to Gwanaksan." Wooyoung took the two tickets out of the envelope. 

"Woobo, I don't think we're suppose to order drinks then" IU noticed. 

"Gwenchana, we're not going to be late," Wooyoung placed the envelope aside, "So what did you do the past two months?"

"The same thing, MCing, variety show appearances, photoshoots-Oh! I visited Jiyeon a two weeks ago. It was nice to talk and play with her again," IU said, "How was the tour?" 

"Oh, when I was on stage for the last song. A fan threw this at me," Wooyoung said but then he noticed he didn't have his backpack with him,"Ah, I left it in the car. I'll show you when we get into the car, but it's little presents of you and me."

The two stayed at the cafe until they received and finished their drinks. Afterwards Wooyoung led IU to the car. 

"Omo, the presents are so cute!" IU squealed. There were a couple of Pil Suk's dolls matching with Jason Dolls, blankets and towels with their names on them, and poster boards dedicated to them. 

"Yea, some of the fans asked some people to give these presents to us, so I brought them today." Wooyoung started the car and drove away from the cafe.

"Ahh, our fans are so cute. Komawo!! But where are we going to put these for now? We don't have a house yet" IU asked.

"Do you want to bring some home? Then we can both bring them together when we do get a house.?" Wooyoung suggested.

"Ne, I like that idea." IU smiled. 

"Arrasso, pick out the ones you want to bring home and take the box with you, I'll just leave the rest in the trunk later."

"Ne~"

 

 

~Wooyoung's Interview~

"If I just give it to her to look over in the car, she only has that limited time to look through all that stuff. I drove slower than usual this time but that's still not a lot of time. So I suggested to have her bring some home to look over the rest," Wooyoung stated, "I think it's a big reassurance that our fans are supporting us in WGM. It makes us more relax when we film together."

 

 

"We're almost there." Wooyoung announced.

"Eh? Chincha?" IU hurridly stuff some of the fanmade artwork in the box. Wooyoung turned to see IU franticly shuffling with the materials and smiled. 

"Ne, it's 11:03." 

"Wae? That was so fast! Where are we leaving the car?" 

"I see the parking lot. Are you done?" 

"Ne!" IU smiled. Wooyoung smiled back before parking the car.

The couple rushed out the car and walked hastily to the train station.

"Balli! We only have 8 minutes left!" IU pouted.

Luckily, Wooyoung located the right train station quickly and the couple aboarded the train 3 minutes before the departure time. Sitting comfortably between the window and Wooyoung, IU stared at her husband. 

"Wae?" Wooyoung asked after noticing her stare. 

"You're a capable man." IU said flatly. 

"Ne, I am. Wae? Dancing, Singing, and joking around isn't all I know how to do." said Wooyoung.

"Ani, I just notived it today, that's all." Wooyoung gave IU a weird look.

"We've been married for three months and you notice this now?"

"Well we've been together as an actual couple for the first month. We were separated for the last two months. So I'm still learning new things about you." said IU.

"I am too, we'll learn more about each other, that's for sure!" Wooyoung smiled. 

Wooyoung kept his words and the two became closer as the night grew darker. They talked animatedly and laughed throughout the train ride even though the ride was only a thirty minute ride. 

 


The train slowly came to a stop and the couple left the train smiling from ear- to-ear.

"It's 11:50, We have ten minutes before the lights !" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"We need to hurry! Balli!" The two rushed towards their destination. What is their destination? Wooyoung received an address from WGM through a text message during their ride. Apparently, the two had to climb a mountain in ten minutes??

"Why did they give us only ten minutes?" IU pouted.

"Molla, oh. I think I see someone here other than us," Wooyoung squinted his eyes, "Do you see a mountain car over there?"

IU looked at the direction Wooyoung pointed at. "Yea, but he doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon."

"Why don't we ask him for a ride to the top?" Wooyoung suggested. 

"But we don't even know him! Maybe he has something else to do?" IU panicked. 

"We're asking Boo, there's nothing wrong with asking. If he says no, then we'll walk the rest of the way there." Wooyoung reassured her. 

"Arraso.." Wooyoung and IU walked towards the mountain car.

"Ano, annoyhaseyo, Wooyoung imnida. Are you busy as of the moment?" Wooyoung asked the man politely.

"Ah, Jeonun Kyuchu imnida. Ani, I'm here to give people rides to the top of the mountain. Do you need a ride?" Kyuchu offered. IU and Wooyoung looked at each other shocked. 

"Ne! can you drive us to the top of the mountain?" IU squealed. Walking up a mountain or a ride up a mountain with a 10 minute time limit? Ride all the way!!

"Hop on!" said Kyuchu. The trio aboarded the vehicle and drove up the mountain. 

 

 

MC3: Eh? Isn't it weird that there's a man that stays so late to drive people up a mountain?

 

 

They arrove to their destination in a matter of minites. IU and Wooyoung thanked Kyuchu as he drove away. 

Wa, it's so pretty up here" IU stared awe-struck at the magnificant scenary. The mountain top is not the usual mountain scenary. It has been renovated. Beneath their feet were not pebbles and dirt, but a paved concrete floor. The pavement stopped just before the edge of the mountain with rails for the safety of the tourists. There are lamp posts surrounding the area  and benches are not too far from the rails. Beyond the rails, the beauty of the night life of Seoul can be seen. The river reflex the night lights of Seoul beautifully, the sparkles of each waves clashing against each other subtly, the sea of cars glowing their lights to wherever their destination was. 

 

 

MC1: This is such a pretty place.

MC3: A place for something romantic to happen?

MC2: We'll watch and see!

 

 

"Isn't it? Wooyoung agreed," Yaa, you can see almost everything from up here."

"Is that a church?" IU asked. IU noticed his usual cute and playful voice was not present, instead Wooyoung had a masculine and somewhat velet ting in his voice. IU can feel the shivers run through her body whenver he said something.

"Look over there, doesn't it look similar to the playground where we meet as a couple?" Wooyoung asked her in that same tone. 

"A-ah..,it d-does, doesn't it?" IU couldn't concentrate at all! Her heart raced. IU became too aware of everything. She noticed, and is shocked, how close the two has become. IU was leaning forward on the rail with Wooyoung right next to her doing the same. Their shoulders were touching, yet they'd lean towards one another as they notice a scenary on their opposite ends. IU know this is a romantic moment between the two of them and the thought itself made her feel nervous.

"IU-ah" Wooyoung called her. IU almost jumped out of her skin.

"N-ne?" IU shyly replied.

"Look up."

IU saw the stars above twinkling brightly in the vast dark sky. The stars shines delicately yet preciously as if they were winking at her. The moon, that looks so far away, can be touched by the tip of the fingers if IU tried hard enough.

"Stars! They're so pretty!" IU gasped.

"Yeah, it's really pretty up here." More beautiful now that you're here. Wooyoung pointed up to the sky again.

"If you look at an angle, the stars will form a constellation. Lean to the side like this." Wooyoung tilted his head. IU immediately immitates him.

"I don't see it!" IU pouted.

"If you think about it really hard then you'll see it." Wooyoung encouraged. IU titled her head again and stared attentively at the sky. After awhile, 

"I still don't see it!" IU pouted.

"Maybe if you turn around, you'll find it much easier."

IU quickly turned in hopes of seeing the constellation.

She gasped.

And stared. 

 

And stared.

Instead of seeing an constellation, IU saw a table set for two, christmas lights hung fron light post to light post, candles were lite and scattered throughout the pavement, a 'Komawo' banner was hung on the trees,and a pile of presents at the front entrance. The table was set adorably, yet romantically. Bright pink table cloth covered the tavles with white dollies. There were glass wine cups neatly placed with a hand-crafted napkin in it. The silverware  were perfect but IU like the centerpieces the most. The centerpiece consisted of two couple set of dolls from Dream High filiming but the dolls were crafted to represent IU and Wooyoung instead of Pil Suk and Jason. The dolls held each other's hands. forming a circle and inside the circle were IU's favorit flowers, white lillies and tulips. Wooyoung didn't stop there and placed photos of their amusement park date.

"Wooyoung-ah.." IU breathed. Wooyoung reached around her shoulders and hugged her tighly from behind.

"Komawo, Boo" Wooyoung smiled. She didn't know what to say. IU was awe-struck, admiring the event Wooyoung prepared while Wooyoung slowly released her and gently led her to the table.

 

 

~Wooyoung's Interview~

PD: How did you prepare for this event?

"I think I did well for this event" Wooyoung smiled," But it wasn't easy. I called up WGM and asked if I can use their WGM letter to trick IU that we're just following the mission today. I bought the tickets myself and placed them into the letter. I called a chingu of mine that live by that area to drive us up the mountain. I also asked that chingu to bring friends to hep set up the decorations. All the deocrations were behind the trees, I was so scared that IU would noticed them in the dark. My chingu, his friends, and I met up two days ago to set up this event. We timed how much time we had before I had to ask IU to turn around. Thankfully IU was completely into the scenary that she didn't notice all the mess and prepartion what was going on behind her. I was a mess during that time!" Wooyoung laughed.

"Overall, she seemed to like it and I'm glad she did." Wooyoung smiled.

 

IU soaked in the event Wooyoung prepared for her. She took it all in but still couldn't believe it. Wooyoung quirked a brow at her and settled for watching her facial expressions. He was exhilarated that she was enjoying the event he prepared for her. Wooyoung had seated her on the table and is now watch her from the other side.

"How did you do all this?" IU asked.

"Secret" Wooyoung winked. IU blushed. 

 

 

MC3: Ohhh, we finally get to see Wooyoung's romantic side. 

MC4: He's flirting with her too!

MC3: Omo! I'm so excited!!- Ehh???

MC1: YAH, THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO END THE SEGMENT. 

 

 


Stay tune for the next chapter :)

Hi! I'm alive and prefectly healthy. I'll be honest. I was lazy and busy. But I'm done with all my stuff this year and I'll be writing more now :) 

I actually intended for this chapter to be just one chapter, but i decided to make it two. I've made my readers waited long enough. 

My writing style may have changed a bit, I can see it in my own writing that I'm not as passionate. So here is my apology for that. I know Wooyoung is pretty out of it today and the event literally popped out of no where. And IU became a clingy person here.. so i'll be editing this in the near future. Thank you guys for reading. :) 

OH. I'm not giving up on the story. I wrote two stories before this and I've given up on them. I have PROMISED myself that I will NOT abandon another story AGAIN. So do not be worried about me leaving this story. If i have have to, I will finish this story when 85 or something and I haven't hit 20s yet. 
Thank you for reading :)