Love

Love Me

"

 

“How was dress shopping?” Seunghyun wrapped an arm around Tiffany’s waist as she looked up, smiling so wide that her cheeks hurt. This happened often of late and sometimes, hilariously, she couldn't even see through her infamous eye smiles. But she had good reason to be happy nowadays, she thought to herself distractedly, leaning into him. 

“Really good. Sica and Sooyoung helped a lot with narrowing down the choices, and, oh my God, the dress I found was perfect.” Tiffany beamed in satisfaction as she curled up on the couch beside him. 

“Oh my God,” Seunghyun chuckled teasingly as he mimicked her, his low voice rumbling at odds to her higher pitched tone. "It's alright, no matter what you wear you'll always be perfect." She laughed at that, pretending to cringe, and he reeled her in playfully to nuzzle her hair, tickling her sides. He did that a lot – always touching her, holding her hands, hands on her shoulders or waist, like he wanted to reassure himself that she was there and real and very much present. It made her feel very grounded and present in a romance that felt like it was lifted right out of a movie, which, she thought to herself in amusement, it kind of was. 

“I’d better, to be able to match up to you in a suit,” Tiffany teased as he grinned, looking down at her affectionately, his intense dark eyes very soft and loving as her breath caught.

He leaned down, gently pressing his lips against hers, large hands placed on the small of her back.

“Just remember, Hwang Miyoung, you’re always beautiful, even just like this.” He murmured against even as her lips parted, lashes casting long shadows on her fair cheeks.

She sighed involuntarily into the kiss, his hand brushing her arm, raising goosebumps as his fingers left a glowing trail of fire behind and she tilted her head back expectantly. Just then, her phone rang, loud and shrill and she sighed, dropping disappointedly as she automatically looked for her phone. Seunghyun pressed a kiss against her temple even as he restrained her with an arm, her warm laughter resounding in the room as she tried to escape his clutches.

The caller persisted, ringing impatiently, insistently.

Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun’s groan was audible as he pulled away reluctantly. Tiffany just grinned to herself, smiling so widely her cheeks were hurting again when she picked up.

“Hullo?”

“Unnie!” Yoona’s voice was excited with Yuri and Sunny’s voices loud in the background as they chattered.

“Unnie, don’t be embarrassing!” Seohyun’s frazzled voice, normally so calm, came through the line clearly enough before Taeyeon’s distinctive ahjumma laugh caused a crackle of static.

Tiffany could hear Seunghyun grumbling as he got off the couch to head to the kitchen. “Eight girls and not a moment of peace with my own fiancé–”

“Tell hyeongbu I can hear him!” Yoona protested as Tiffany shouted the message, smiling to herself when Seunghyun only laughed in response before rooting around in the fridge. She liked how her members called him brother-in-law, like they had already been married for ages.

Her smile widened.

She was going to be married.

“He just laughed,” Tiffany informed the other girl as there was a burst of noise on the other end before another voice came on.

“Steph,” it was Jessica. “Come back to the dorm, we’re having a party.”

“What? Now?”

“Yeah, it’s your first bachelorette party.”

"Why didn't you guys tell me earlier?"

"We wanted it to be a surprise, and Sunny and Taengoo were betting on you staying home today, but evidently, it didn't happen. Now, get your behind back in the dorm."

“Just a minute.” Tiffany covered her phone with a hand, looking at Seunghyun who was standing in front of her impatiently again. He raised an eyebrow and she grinned.

“They want me back at the dorm for a party.”

“No.”

“He says no,” Tiffany relayed to her friend, even though she knew Seunghyun was just joking – he never said so exactly, but she knew he liked how close she was to her members and always encouraged her to spend as much time as she wanted with them even when she knew he’d rather have more of her to himself.

“He’s going to have you for the rest of his life anyway, one night’s not going to hurt.” Jessica said crisply, as Sooyoung shouted faintly, “Where’s the chicken? Where’s the chicken?”

Tiffany just laughed in response, her cheeks pinking again. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“You better come, Tiff. I mean it. It would be really annoying to come up with all this stuff to end up not even having the guest of honour here.” Jessica sniffed. “You better not give up easily just so you can spend the whole evening with him. Be back by nine. You have half an hour, tops.”

Tiffany merely grinned again, bidding her friend goodbye before she looked over at Seunghyun who leaned forward, eyes glinting.

“Well?” His fingers toyed lazily with her hair, the silky strands slipping through his fingertips.

“They’re having their first bachelorette party for me.” Tiffany told him, slipping into his arms as he pulled her closer, her eyes fluttering shut for a moment.

“They’re starting to party even earlier than my members,” he laughed, the deep sound reverberating through his chest as she pressed her forehead against the crook between his neck and shoulder, inhaling his familiar scent deeply. He always smelt amazing, with that unique, distinctive scent of his that she smelt every time she leaned into him. She loved his scent, just like how she loved almost everything else about him.

“I’m going in ten minutes.” Tiffany murmured.

“Mmm.”

They were silent for a moment, lying in each other’s arms as they lay on the couch in his apartment, his fingertips still trailing warm, glowing patterns along the side of her waist. Soon, though, she lifted her head off his chest and smacked his hard, toned stomach lightly. 

"Time to go, Seunghyun."

“Just five more minutes," he groaned, eyes closed. 

"Yah, were you falling asleep?"

Seunghyun only threw another arm around her in response, pinning her to him even as she shrieked in laughter, pushing and smacking at him. He only laughed, easily restraining her. 

"Do you want Jessica Jung hunting you down if I don't turn up to my own bacholorette party?" 

"Jung Schmung," he muttered rebelliously, but let her go anyway even though he kept a large hand wrapped around hers. 

"I'll be back," Tiffany promised as she tucked wayward strands of hair behind her ear. He pouted at her, and she laughed, chucking him under the chin affectionately. "Just one night away from me won't hurt you, you big baby. You have me for the rest of your life." 

Seunghyun's eyes softened and he smiled, so proud and bright that she flushed. "I was never religious, but Hwang Miyoung, thank God I have you." 

She smiled shyly, flushing. He was always so intense, so deep into their relationship and so many different things combined that he either left her in hysterics or dizzy or exhilarated and blushing like a teenager, and she just loved how he made her feel and him in general.

 “I love you too, Tabi.” Tiffany reached up, kissing him softly, languidly.

As he kissed her back, she smiled again, her lips curving under his sweetly and she knew that she was unconditionally, irrevocably in love with him.