Author's Note

Love Me

I just wanted to start this author's note off with an apology to all of the readers who have been very patiently waiting for an update. I am well aware it has been almost a year since I last updated and deactivated my account to go on temporary hiatus, and I'm terribly, terribly sorry to all those who wait for new chapters. 

And since Love Me is still my favourite, and honestly, most popular work, I'm using it as a vehicle to announce I'm permanently deactivating my account.

I came to this decision after I made a very, very stupid mistake of plagiarizing part of an f(x) fic for a Kaistal fic I working on. It was a foolish decision, and one I made with the excuse that "oh, I like this part, so I'll just rewrite it a little because it's just so gorgeous". It wasn't cool at all, and I'm ashamed for it and how I responded subsequently when the original author confronted me about the similarities between our work, as I tried to make excuses before I eventually deleted the fic and deactivated my account. After spending a long time away from fanfiction and writing in general, I realized it was because I was so into creating the perfect fic that would resonate with readers and that would be brilliant and wonderful and get lots of votes and subscribers and so on, and eventually, I didn't even have any pride in my own work because I was just so absorbed in creating the perfect product and didn't care about how it came about and reasoned with myself that "nothing is original anyway". Not true. As a writer, or at least, someone who enjoyed and still somewhat enjoys writing, I spent hours writing and rewriting, and other writers must have too. To steal or plagiarize or lift from other people's works was a scumbag thing to do, and there is no excuse for it. I apologize for it, and recognize it might disappoint some of you to hear about it. Therefore, I have decided to permanently leave AFF and take down all of my fics, even though the ones left up on my account right now are original, I assure you (it may be little comfort though).

However, the only fic I will be leaving up is this fic, Love Me, which was one of my earliest fics, and still my personal favourite, the golden child of all my fics so to speak. I am transferring it over to another author on AFF, caleesia, who writes mainly for EXO at the moment though she occasionally dabbles in SNSD and SoshiBang. I love Love Me far too much to bury it and let it decay entirely and I made this decision because she genuinely, sincerely loves my fic (I think) and I personally enjoy her style of writing in one TopFany fic she uploaded called sketching sins on skin and in general. She isn't very active either, but I trust her to take care of my baby and have given her full permission to edit and rewrite parts of Love Me before she continues with new chapters (whenever she wants, so please don't ask her for updates as she has already made it very clear that her priorities lie with her own fics first and foremost, which I fully understand). 

So, there's that. Thank you all for having been such amazingly supportive readers, and I hope that you will continue to love and support Love Me as much as you have so far. Thank you, and goodbye. 

 

Love,

fayelee.