I'm Just A....

Love Me

 

 

 

“The news about your engagement to T.O.P. sshi really came as a shock, Tiffany sshi. The internet was going crazy with comments after it was confirmed.”

Everyone still thought that they were engaged, and no one other than the invited guests had any idea they were getting married. Tiffany hid a mischievous smile at the thought, composing her expression before she laughed, her eyes curving into her famous eye smile that had swept polls and won her unofficial titles and captured the hearts of fans everywhere.

“This is actually my first statement about it…but all I have to say is that I’m sorry for giving everyone such a shock.” She smiled again, flashing her brilliant smile. “I really hope everyone will wish us well and watch over Seunghyun and I with love.”

“It hasn’t been very long since news about you dating T.O.P. sshi came out, right?” Yoo Jae Suk asked curiously with just the appropriate amount of interest.

“Yes.” Tiffany smiled shyly, her cheeks pinking sweetly. Her soft wavy hair and the white lace dress she was wearing made her look very youthful, even under the bright glare of the studio lights. “I was very worried about the response to news about me dating, but my fans were very supportive and I’m very grateful for that. I hope they’ll be just as supportive about this development in my relationship.”

“Ahh…but, there were people who felt that the news about you dating T.O.P. came out far too soon after you broke up with Nichkhun sshi.” Yoo Jae Suk said delicately, with a slight grimace at the sensitive topic. The camera zoomed in on Tiffany’s face, but she only smiled easily, brightly, used to being put on the spot after years of interviews by nosey journalists.

“Nichkhun sshi and I broke up after drifting apart due to busy schedules,” she explained with the perfected pasted on smile that would seem perfectly sincere to any casual onlooker. There was no trace of nervousness in her expression even as her knuckles whitened. “It was mutual on both sides; there were no hard feelings.”

Lies, lies, lies.

“I met Seunghyun sshi on my first movie a year later, when we acted across each other in the lead roles. We didn’t date then, but as we got to know each other better, we got close.”

This time her smile was genuine, open, dazzling.

“It really seems like a really pretty love,” Yoo Jae Suk commented, smiling.

Tiffany laughed, the throaty sound bubbled up from somewhere deeper than throat or diaphragm, filling the whole studio.

“It does, doesn’t it? Seunghyun has been very good to me; I couldn’t ask for a better man. I was really shocked when he first asked me out after we had been friends for a while, and look at us now: we’re engaged.”

“Why don’t you send a video message to T.O.P. sshi here?” Jae Suk suggested politely. Tiffany was already prepared for this, but she still smiled shyly, feeling the butterflies in her stomach that made an appearance whenever she thought of Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun ah, thank you for putting up with me even when you thought I was too noisy for a girl. I’m really grateful for having a boyfriend – no, fiancé – like you. Thank you for giving me so much love.” she paused slightly, her whole face softening. “Even though I’m just a...a clumsy girl who is still trying to find my own way through life, I’m really happy I have you by my side now. I love you.”

Jae Suk sighed happily, making a pleased sound at the back of his throat before giving her a thumbs up. “Ahh, that was really sweet. I wish you all the best with T.O.P. sshi, and hope you have a long, beautiful relationship. Now, would you like to say something to the viewers?”

Her eyes curved into another mega-watt eye smile. “Ah…..everyone, hullo. This is Brighter Than Mushrooms Fany Fany Tiffany. You must be really shocked to hear that I’m engaged, but I'm sorry. I have more news.”

She paused, taking a deep breath.

“I’m getting married on the fifth of August.”

The studio was silent all of a sudden, the producers and cameraman and writers all exchanging wide eyed glances. Even Yoo Jae Suk looked slightly startled at how quickly things were happening before he composed himself, sending her a congratulatory smile.

Tiffany smiled even wider, a giggle bubbling up as her eyes curved into perfect crescents.

“Everyone – I’m getting married.”

 

 

Click.

Click, click, click.

“Alright, please angle your face towards the camera a bit, Tiffany sshi.”

Tiffany acquiesced, lowering her eyes as her lashes cast long shadows on her fair skin. A tendril of jet-black hair escaped from her low ponytail, waving gently along her smooth, bare shoulder.

The photographer continued giving instructions as people bustled around the set; some adjusted lights, several gathered around the monitor and others were getting ready for the next set of pictures and outfits. Many of them had offered their well wishes when Tiffany and Seunghyun had first arrived on the set for news travelled fast, but they still glanced at them curiously, murmuring in low, hushed voices.

“Announcing our marriage on national TV right after news about our engagement was pretty brave,” Seunghyun whispered in her ear as he leaned in, his eyes impossibly dark and bright all the same time.

Tiffany tilted her head back, closing her eyes slightly. The bright light from the studio lights were hurting her eyes, bathing Seunghyun’s face in a halo of white light. It was rather like how she always felt when she looked right at him, she thought to herself as she slipped her slim arms around his neck. It was like looking straight at the bright sun and knowing she should shut her eyes; dazzled by him and still unable to look away.

“Agreeing to marry you in the first place was brave,” she corrected him. “Do you know how many fangirls I risked angering when I said yes?”

The camera clicked away rapidly as the photographer instructed them to move. The both of them shifted slightly, moving into a different pose as Tiffany carefully adjusted her dress, leaning lightly against the smooth material of Seunghyun’s suit. They had easily adjusted to the physical proximity their new relationship status allowed, taking full advantage of it while making no bones about their physical gestures of affection.

“Well, I’m glad you did.”

She only leaned up to place a light, chaste kiss on his cheek in response and the camera’s shutter snapped loudly.

His eyes glinted at her as she pulled away, even as she heard the faint whispers of the staff about how beautiful, how perfect they looked together, and the corners of turned up in a small, proud smile.

“By the way, my CEO just called," he murmured casually, turning his head slightly towards the camera as his eyes shifted to stare straight at the lens. "Apparently, the reporters are having a field day outside the company building and my apartment.”

“They must be having fun. We gave them something substantial to write about for once,” she tossed her head airily as he laughed before he shook his head, chuckling quietly.

“I watched it, you know – the interview with Jae Suk hyung.”

“And?”

He pulled away, pulling her chin up towards him gently.

Click, the camera chattered loudly. Seunghyun waited until the camera quietened before he leaned in closer, hardly a hair’s breadth between their lips as her eyelids automatically fluttered shut.

“You’re not just any clumsy girl, Stephanie Hwang Miyoung.” A thrill ran through her, hearing him rasp her full name in that gravelly voice of his. He pressed his lips against hers quickly before pulling away as her eyes flew open, the sound of the camera going crazy. “You’re a very special one to me.”

“I am just a girl,” Tiffany shrugged casually before flashing a brilliant smile at him. She surpressed a slight shiver of excitement as his pupils dilated and his grin widened languidly.

“But I’m all yours.”