Love Addiction

Love Me

 

“Seunghyun!” Tiffany beamed sunnily, waving at him from behind the kitchen island from behind stacks of wedding invitations, pamplets and samples.

Tiffany’s smile is the most dangerous thing he’s ever seen, Seunghyun thought to himself as he joined her, sliding onto a high stool easily. Paired with those eyes, her delight was infectious to the point of being downright irresistible.

“How have you been?”

“Good,” Tiffany smiled again, and he blinked, momentarily stunned. “I’ve been baking and cooking a lot at home. Just ask Sunny!”

“She’s been working hard around the dorm these past few days,” Sunny said dryly next to T.O.P., the top of her head barely clearing his shoulder even while he was seated. “Just not very effectively.”

Tiffany gaped before looking for something soft enough to throw at her friend without causing permanent damage, but the front door was already slamming behind Sunny, shutting her shrieks of laughter off.

Seunghyun only laughed, shaking his head as Tiffany came up to him, pouting after Sunny. He slipped an arm around her, pulling her up on the kitchen counter where Tiffany swung her legs in her pink pajama pants.

Pink pajamas. He shook his head in disbelief even as he smiled to himself. If she had her way the wedding colour theme would probably be all white and pink. Or maybe just pink.

“Why?” Tiffany asked curiously, her head cocked to one side and he reached out to tuck an errant lock of hair behind her ear, smiling at how sweet and youthful she looked in her oversized shirt and pajama pants with her hair in a braid down her back.

“Nothing much – I was just thinking of your obsession with pink. Even your pajamas are pink.” He told her, tugging at the hem of said pajamas.

“Pink is a nice colour." She paused, cocking her head to one side. "Actually, why aren’t we having a pink wedding?”

Seunghyun grimaced, silently berating himself for bringing the topic up in the first place.

“No. No pink weddings.”

“Seunghyun….” Tiffany stuck her bottom lip out, her eyes large and pleading. T.O.P. swallowed, quickly shifting the focus of his gaze to a vase of fresh flowers somewhere behind Tiffany on the counter. Just his luck: they were pink too. But then again, Sunny had mentioned Tiffany’s new interest in housekeeping just earlier. Figures.

“Seunghyun.” Tiffany’s eyes widen to an unfair size, and he gave up, sighing indulgently.

“Alright, alright.” He threw up his hands in surrender, grinning even as he rolled his eyes. “Pink is a pretty nice colour.”

Tiffany laughed, throwing her arms around him affectionately before kissing him soundly. When she tried to pull away, Seunghyun didn’t let her, reeling her back firmly for one more.

“But just not for our wedding.” Seunghyun murmured cheekily into her ear and she protested, reaching out to smack him on the arm. He laughed, dodging, before he caught both of her slim wrists in his hands, his face softening.

Tiffany paused before cradling his face in her hands and leaning forward to peck his cheek lightly in a clear sign of forgiveness. Her eyes softened as she pulled back, tracing his face under her fingers gently. Her fingertips explored every feature like she wanted to memorize every line and plane on his face and how it felt under her touch that made him feel so alive.

"I'm one lucky girl," she murmured, seemingly more to herself than Seunghyun. "I get to marry someone I love; someone as perfect as you."

“We’re getting married,” he uttered softly, slightly dazed and in wonder. “We’re actually getting married.”

Married. To Tiffany who he had always watched from afar with interest, from the day of SNSD's debut, when he was caught during their brief moment of eye contact during 2010’s MBC Gayo Daejun, even when he found out she was dating someone else. Then he finally had a chance to speak to her, to befriend her, to actually fall in love with her.

He was marrying Tiffany. Stephanie Hwang Miyoung was going to be his wife.

“Yes, we are,” she whispered back like it was a secret only the both of them shared, like so many other secrets Tiffany had whispered to him over the past few years: all her fears and hopes and dreams that took up so much space in his heart. “We’re getting married, and I’m probably going to cry my eyes out the moment I walk into that church and see you waiting at the altar and we're going to wake up to each other every single morning and I just–just thank God so much for you.”

Seunghyun swallowed hard at the look in Tiffany’s eyes and he knew that he would never tire of seeing her look at him like that or ever tire of her, ever.

“Thank God for you too,” he murmured, touching her cheek briefly as he leaned his forehead against hers.

Tiffany laughed then, her eyes disappearing into crescents in that brilliant smile of hers and Seunghyun kissed her square on again.

“Maybe I’ll cry too,” he said conversationally as he pulled away later. “Just a little.”

“You don’t have to be such a macho guy all the time, you know.” Tiffany teased, her voice just a little breathless and slightly huskier than normal. “I know you have the whole y, silent, brooding thing down pat and silly Bingu T.O.P. is funny, but it would be nice to see a bit of your softer side once in awhile.”

“Oh?” He raised an eyebrow, his hands firmly planted on both sides of Tiffany’s waist. “You think I’m y?”

Tiffany pursed her lips, cheeks darkening just a little even as her eyes sparkled.

“Did you use to think I was y even way before we started dating?” He probed mischieviously.

“Pretty much every Korean female with working eyes thought you were y once you get rid of that awful, long Justin Bieber hairstyle.”

Seunghyun gaped at her in disbelief before narrowing his eyes at her.

“You didn’t answer the question.”

“Well, my eyes are working just fine.” Tiffany grinned cheekily, sticking her tongue at him childishly.

“Hwang Miyoung.” He couldn’t stop the grin from spreading across his face even as he pulled her closer.

“Choi Seunghyun,” Tiffany mimicked, and Seunghyun couldn’t look away from the luminous stars that glowed so brightly in her eyes.

“I really like how you call me by my real name,” he told her casually before kissing her again, hard enough that it felt like he was bruising and he wondered if he should pull away. But then her fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him even closer as her lips parted in an unspoken invitation.

They were pressing against each other, skin-to-skin but still not close enough despite the heat that spread like a wildfire across the places where their bare skin touched. Seunghyun wondered to himself distractedly if the reason why he used to be so conservative and careful and distant with the women he used to date was because they weren’t Tiffany; not soft and delicate yet strong like Tiffany who sighed so breathlessly into his kisses and went pliant in his arms even at a gentle touch–

“I like how you call me Miyoung too,” she told him after they finally disengaged themselves, the only physical contact being his fingers interlaced with hers as he played with her engagement ring absentmindedly. The colour on her cheeks had long moved past rosy pink to tomato red, which was ridiculously endearing.

“Everyone calls me Tiffany; well, my family and Jessica call me Stephanie, but you’re pretty much the only one who calls me Miyoung.”

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow. “Is that girl speak for ‘you’re special and you make me feel special too’?”

The wattage in Tiffany’s smile hiked up a few notches and Seunghyun’s breath caught at her smile.

Practically lethal, he thought to himself.

“Maybe,” she said playfully. “Why, you still can’t figure me out?”

Tiffany was both bewildering and simple; open as anyone could get, with her lighter emotions always on the surface, but at the same time there were certain things she kept close to her heart. Tiffany felt like a mystery to be unravelled, a puzzle that wasn’t completely fitted together but he knew he’d be content spending the rest of his lifetime figuring her out.

Seunghyun stared at her intently as his voice lowered automatically, dipping deeper than normal. “Not entirely – but I think I have a few things down.”

“Oh?” Tiffany quirked an eyebrow, her eyes very large and dark against her fair skin.

He raised one finger. “You have an awful obsession with pink.”

“You just agreed that pink is a nice colour!” Tiffany sounded wounded as she pulled away to throw him a sulky glare.

 “Well – yes. It’s nice because you look good in it.”

Tiffany only gave him a sideways look, the corner of twitching.

“Why, do you like the pajamas?”

“Very much.”

“Good,” she grinned. “I was planning on getting a matching set for you.”

No.”

Yes.”

“I refuse.”

“You can get them in blue instead,” she cajoled.

“No means no.”

“They’re soft and really comfortable. It’s made of flannel!”

“Hwang Miyoung.” 

“Choi Seunghyun.” Tiffany was whining now, her eyes doleful and pleading.

Seunghyun laughed, catching hold of her around the waist again. He quickly discarded the dangerous subject as he distracted her with a flurry of light kisses before motioning at the piles of wedding material stacked up behind her.

“You are ambitious, aren’t you? You do know we could just get a wedding planner, right?”

“No,” Tiffany shook her head adamantly. “I want to do it myself so everything will be just the way we want it.”

 “And that brings me back to my original point.” He grinned as he wrapped his arms around her. “Ambitious.”

“I just want it to be perfect.” Tiffany bit her lip, her eyes wide and dark and innocent.

“You do deserve it to be perfect. But I also want you to enjoy yourself, not stress out over it.”

“I am enjoying it.” The sincerity in her voice was hard to miss; she sounded genuinely bewildered at the thought of not having fun planning her own wedding. “I am getting married to you, after all. What’s there not to enjoy?”

Seunghyun sighed contentedly as she curled into him, resting her head in the hollow between his shoulder and neck. She liked doing that a lot, he noted as he buried his face in her hair. Tiffany was of average height, but when she leaned into him like that she always felt very small against his body; delicate and fragile, vulnerable.  

He pressed his cheek against her silky hair – jet black, he noticed, half-distracted as he made a mental note to ask her to keep it that way for a while – inhaling her scent. She smelt distinctly floral and there was a hint of strawberry along with something sweet and bright that was so uniquely her and reminded Seunghyun of her radiant smiles and how she looked at him with those clear eyes of hers that pulled him in deeper every time.

He only wondered how Nichkhun could be so blind as to not see the gem he had even though the other man's loss was his gain.

Seunghyun never knew much about how Nichkhun and Tiffany broke up, though certain hints some of the Soshi girls dropped told him enough to know that it had been very painful for Tiffany. He had never pushed her for the bare details, figuring that if she wanted to tell him she would have already. The animosity some of Tiffany's members displayed at the mention of Nichkhun was enough to tell him what he needed to know. In the words of Sooyoung, "He was a complete idiot."

Then again, Nichkhun had come back to try and woo Tiffany so perhaps he wasn't a complete idiot….but she had stayed with Seunghyun instead.

Seunghyun thought something in his chest was going to explode from all the pride and affection and love he felt right now.

“Tabi, are you smelling me?” Tiffany chuckled throatily, her voice half-muffled against his shoulder. He surpressed a shiver at the sensation of her lips moving against his skin.

“Yes…but I blame you for smelling addictive.” Seunghyun breathed her in greedily: this beautiful girl who was both strong and vulnerable; who he loved more than anything else in the world and who, for some unfathomable reason, loved him back.

“Weirdo.” There was a half-smile evident in her voice.

“For the record: you’re marrying me with your eyes wide open,” he told her solemnly.

“I repeat: my eyes are working just fine.” Tiffany said conversationally.

“What was that about my old Justin Bieber hairstyle again?”

She laughed then, beaming so brightly he was dazed by it. Somehow he could never get used to her smiles. They always felt like a burst of sunlight: sudden, radiant, brilliant.

“It’s good that you’re addicted to something about me,” she told him, still smiling widely. “That makes two of us.”

“What about me are you addicted to?” Seunghyun asked, genuinely curious.

Tiffany’s eyes softened, liquid and luminous and loving all at the same time.

“Your smell. Your smile. Your eyes. The sound of your laugh. Just…all of you, silly.”

“It’s unhealthy, don’t you think? To be so addicted to each other, I mean.” Seunghyun muttered, leaning in to frame her face with gentle fingers. Her features were softened by the dim light in the kitchen, her eyes inky pools of emotion that gleamed with unspoken secrets and promises. His heart clenched at how beautiful Tiffany was – but then again, she was Tiffany and there were few times when Tiffany was not beautiful.

“Love is a drug, after all.” Tiffany said cheerfully, her tone light.

Love. Seunghyun could never get used to how simply she said it, would never become accustomed to how a single word could sum up all that their relationship was made up of other than the secretive glances and whispered words and heated kisses they shared.

“I love you.” Seunghyun struggled to say it lightly without the intensity he feels, afraid that he would scare her away with how fervent his feelings were. It certainly wasn’t the first time he has said it but the slow, sweet softening of Tiffany’s smile makes it feel like it was.

“And I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” she told him easily, her eyes twinkling and glittering with diamonds that make her old stage name Brighter Than Jewels Fany Fany Tiffany seem so apt.

He leaned forward, pulled in by all the promises that sparkled in Tiffany’s eyes and then he was kissing her again as her slim fingers twisted into the front of his shirt, holding each other close.

"It's good we have a whole lifetime together then."

 

 

A/N: This is my favourite chapter so far: because it was from T.O.P.'s POV which was really fun to write, and also because it's the sweetest, fluffiest chapter I have ever written. 

Credits for the y gif up there go to topandtiffany.tumblr.com.