Specially Happy

Crumble

 

 

“Minhyuk!”

 

 

The boy sitting in the dining room groan at the loud voice that echoes through the huge house. He wonders if they all can have a break if his sister and brother stop fighting like cats and dogs. His father look amused, looking up from his newspaper to the staircase hoping to see if one of his children would be running down, crying. “Daddy, noona and Minhyuk are at it again” the twelve years old complain and Luhan laugh at his son’s misery knowing that his sister is going to make a fuss out of it.

 

 

“What happen?”

 

 

His mother, Miyun, appears from the kitchen looking worried yet just as amused as her husband is. She place a plate filled with hot pancakes and a cup of maple syrup on the table. Luhan chuckle as he pull Miyun by her arm and kiss her cheeks. “Seyun and Minhyuk are at it again. I wonder who’ll be crying this time” the father said and Miyun smiles as she throws a ‘I knew it’ at him and went back to the kitchen.

 

 

“So Minjun, what do you think they’re fighting about now?”

 

 

Luhan ask and Minjun frown, taking a sip of the tomato soup his mother make – god! His mother is a good cook- and ransack his mind to think why his siblings are fighting about. But before he can say anything, there was a loud stomp before Seyun appears, face filled with tears and she threw herself to Luhan’s awaiting arm. Minjun tries not to scowl knowing that it was no use to get jealous over. Their daddy loves them just as much but he favours their noona much more.

 

 

“Princess, what’s wrong?”

 

 

The father ask and Seyun sobs against his chest before a grinning Minhyuk came into view. Minjun raise a brow at his brother – twin brother – but says nothing. “Minhyuk” Luhan’s voice was challenging meaning that he’s getting just as annoyed as Minjun was. “What did you do?”

 

 

The older twelve years old raise his hands in defeat, eyes wide and tries to look innocent. It was a shame though as he look convincingly innocent especially when he takes over their father’s pretty trait. Among all of their siblings, Minjun knows he’s the only one who takes most of their mother’s trait and personality, having being composed and calm than his older sister and twin brother.

 

 

“I didn’t do anything, dad. I just came into noona’s room to borrow her headphones but she ignored me, her brother, only to talk to that person at the other side of the phone. So I decide to kick her phone and it broke” he says with a cheeky grin and Luhan sighs, rubbing his head that was going to get a headache.

 

 

Miyun came back just in time before Luhan can explode and place a hand on her son’s shoulder. “Minhyuk, you’re grounded” the mother says and Minhyuk look at his mother with wide eyes. “But ma-“

 

 

“No buts. You’re grounded young man. No games and no going out with your friends to play soccer for two weeks. And you better get your noona a new phone. That’s your punishment” she says and Minhyuk looks ready to rebel but then Luhan raise a hand. “Listen to your ma Lu Minhyuk or you’ll get it from me” so Minhyuk does, slumping onto the chair in defeat, grumbling about unfairness and biased parents.

 

 

“Seyun, who did you talk to at the phone?”

 

 

Miyun ask as she takes her daughter from her father. Seyun had grown, being taller than Miyun and almost reaching her father’s height. She’s one of the tallest at school and she’s grown into a pretty woman. But Miyun still think of her daughter as the small girl who needs protection instead of an 18 years old girl.

 

 

“Jongin. He wants to spend Christmas with us. Can he mama?”

 

 

Seyun ask and Luhan frowns at the familiar name. “Jongin? As in Kim Jongin? That Jongin?” he voice out and Seyun nod, blinking at her father.

 

 

“Daddy, you’ve met him before. He’s my boyfriend”

 

 

“And my biggest enemy in the world”

 

 

“Luhan” Miyun interrupts, eyeing her husband who pout and slump back on the chair just like what Minhyuk did. “Of course he can join us baby. Tell him that when you meet him okay” Miyun says and Seyun smiles, beaming at her mother. “Can he daddy?” she ask her father who scowls. ‘

 

 

He then nod begrudgingly. “Fine. As long as Zitao and Junhee are there too”

 

 

“Yes! Then I can play games with Jongin hyung!”

 

 

Minjun says in delight and Minhyuk frowns at him. “You have me to play games with you. Why do you need Jongin hyung to play games with?” the older scowls and Minjun snuck his tongue out at his brother. “You always bother noona. It’s annoying to see either one of you cries”

 

 

“I do not cry! Noona is the one who always cry. She’s the cry baby, not me!”

 

 

“Yah!”

 

 

“And you always cheat” Minjun retorts back and Minhyuk scowls even more.

 

 

“I do not!”

 

 

“Yes you do”

 

 

“I’m not a cry baby! Watch what you’re saying Lu MInhyuk!”

 

 

Miyun smiles as she lace her fingers with Luhan and watch as his children bicker with each other. It wasn’t pleasant to hear them fighting early in the morning but sometimes it’s endearing.

 

 

“I can’t think of what to say but thank you and I love you” Luhan had whisper one night as he pull her and place pepper kisses on her face. She smiles.

 

 

They’re happy indeed.

 


Please watch out for the special chapters!