Chapter Five - Baby I'm sorry

Crumble

 

The door made a soft squeaking sound and Luhan wince as the sound went throughtout the quiet house. He huff  slightly hitting himself for being so loud. It's 3 a.m. for goodness sake and Luhan could die out of exhaustion. The house is quiet, Seyun and Miyun must be asleep already Luhan noted to himself. 

 

He made way to his room to see Miyun sleeping peacefully on the bed making him smile. He proceed to change his clothes and was about to join Miyun when his phone beep indicating a new message just arrive. Luhan sigh. 

 

From: Mrs. Im 

Tomorrow, be at the office by 6 a.m. Maybe we can have lunch together too. ^^ 

 

Luhan groan at the message before he join Miyun. She was slightly disturb when Luhan hug her. "Lu?"  She called groggily and Luhan humm. "It's me baby" he says softly. Miyun turn to face him before proceeding to cuddle with Luhan. They stay in each other's embrace, just content to have each other. 

 

"Seyun miss you. I miss you too" Miyun says looking at him with wide eyes and Luhan smile. "Sorry. Being the new director is really busy" - and with Mrs. Im's pestering, Luhan added in mind. "But I promise to make it up to you"

 

Miyun smile as Luhan kiss her forehead. "Okay. I love you too" 

 

The next day, Luhan was gone even before Miyun and Seyun wakes up. 

 


 

"Luhan-shii, would you like to have lunch with me? My treat" Luhan sigh before he look up at the woman in front of him. She is his boss and aparantly has a really huge crush on him. Luhan purse his lips. "Sure" 

 

 


 

 

"Lu, are you coming back for dinner?" 

 

"Sorry baby. There's a lot of things to do at work. I might come home late tonight. Sorry. I love you" 

 

 

"Lu, today is Seyun's concert. When will you come?" 

 

"I don't think I could go Miyun-ah. Please tell Seyun I'm sorry"

 

 

"Luhan, can you come home for a while? I fell and it h-" 

 

"Miyun-ah, I'm sorry. I have a meeting right now. I'll call you later. Love you" 

 

 

"Lu, Jihae is coming with Yixing and Tao" 

 

"Oh but I can't get home now. I have-" 

 

"Luhan"  Miyun widen her eyes at the foreign voice. 

 

"Lu, who's that?" There was a nervous chuckle. 

 

"Yoona - I mean Mrs. Im. Sorry Yun-ah. I have work. I can't go back now. Say hi to Jihae, Yixing and Tao" 

 

 

"Luhan, it's Seyun's birthday. She's asking for you" 

You call will immediately send to the voice mail. 

 

"Mommy, is daddy not going to spend Seyunnie's birthday?" Seyun ask as she look at Miyun with tearful eyes. Miyun sigh as she bend down and kiss Seyun's cheeks. "Daddy is busy baby. Don't cry okay"  being the obedient child, Seyun nod. 

 

"Now, blow the candle. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Seyunnie. Happy birthday to you" 

 

 

"Luhan, Seyun is sick. I-I'm going to bring her to the doctor. Luhan, I'm scared"

Your call will be immediately send to the voicemail. 

 

 

"Luhan. Come back please. Seyun has been asking for you. She  miss you. I miss you. I love you Luhan"

Your call will be immediately be send to the voicemail. 

 

 

"Luhan, I'm sorry. I don't think I can keep this up anymore. Come home and we need to talk" 

 


 

Luhan let out a sigh as he step into the house. He was frantic. He wants to search for Miyun especially after her voicemail. He open the light and saw Miyun on the couch, sleeping. She must be waiting for me, he thought and his heart clencb at the sigh of dry tears on her face. Luhan went closer to her and crouch down. 

 

"Miyun-ah. Wake up" it took a few tries until Miyun did wake up and she rub her eyes tiredly. She sat up and sigh when she saw Luhan. "Let's go to bed?" Luhan suggest. 

 

"No, we need to talk" Luhan let out a sigh and nod before proceeding to sit beside her. "Okay. What did you want to talk about?" 

 

She turn to face him and was about to say something when something catches her eye. She frown at the red taint on his shirt and immediately point it out, "Is that lipstick stain?" She ask and Luhan frown looking down to his own shirt. What? 

 

"Luhan. Is ask. Is that lipstick stain?" Luhan's mind was racing as he wonder where he got the stain from and the light bulb click in his mind. Oh, Mrs. Im had kiss him just now. Luhan wanted to laugh about it when Miyun suddenly pull his shirt and sniff him. Luhan was confused as Miyun scrunch her face. 

 

"Luhan. Tell me why does your shirt has women's perfume on it? And why is there lipstick stain on your shirt" Miyun ask her voice getting higher. Luhan rub his neck nervously. 

 

"Well. Maybe it's Yoona-shii's lipstick? And also her perfume?" He suggest innocently but Miyun was beyond enraged. Like all other dramatic drama, Luhan's phone rang and he fumble to get it out. Mrs. Im was calling him and even before Luhan can answer it, Miyun snatch the phone from his hand. 

 

"Luhan-shii, thank you for the night. I had a really fun and good time. And-" Even before the other could say anything, Miyun hung up and glared at Luhan. 

 

"You're cheating on me" she snarls and Luhan widen his eyes. "What? No I didn't" 

 

"I trust you Luhan. I believe in you. I thought you love me" Miyun says her eyes clouded with tears. "Miyun, I love you. I really do" 

 

"If you did. You would have not cheated on me. Tell me, am I that  imperfect that you have to look for other girls? you Luhan!" Miyun stood up and Luhan did as well. His mind was racing wild. 

 

"Miyun, I didn't cheat on you. I would never-" 

 

"She says she had a good time. And fun too. She says she wants to thank you about that night. That explain everything doesn't it" Miyun snarls and Luhan groan. "No. I love you Lu Miyun. I would never do such things" 

 

"If you love me, you would be there when I needed you the most. Where were you when I was sick? Where were you when Jihae told me about her pregnancy? Where were you when your daughter was sick? Where were you when your daughter  cries for you because you forgot her birthday? Where were you when I want yoy by my side because I miss you like crazy?" 

 

Luhan stare at her speechless. He felt guilty, for being too busy and not be with his loved ones. 

 

Miyun scoff when Luhan didn't answer her. "That sums everything up. I don't need someone who had an affair. I don't need an ignorant husband. I trust you Luhan. But now I don't need you anymore. I can't do this anymore" tears stream down Miyun's face and she turn to walk away. 

 

"Miyun-ah. Lu Miyun, I-I-" 

 

"Don't call me Lu Miyun anymore" 

 

And Miyun ran up to the bedroom with a broken heart leaving a broken heart Luhan. The man stood there in silence before he fall onto the ground and began to cry. 

 

I look up the sky and let out a sight. The night view is beautiful with the stars shining brightly and the moon shone it's light to the darkness of the world. But somehow I couldn't bring myself to enjoy the night view. My heart hurts too much. 

 

I felt like crying when I called her Kim Miyun instead of Lu Miyun. I want to tell mother that I do want another child but me and Miyun are not in good term. I felt guilty to mother because she doesn't know the situation. Seeing them smile makes me felt guilty even more. 

 

Miyun was so close to me yet she's so far away. 

 

I want her back, I know that. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her. She means the world to ms and losing her would be the end of me. I want her back but I'm scared. 

 

What if she refuses me? 

 

"Luhan" 

 

I turn almost immediately and widen my eyes at the sight of Miyun. She was crying and I hate it when she cries. "Miyun-ah" I got up from the park bench and stride my way to her. She runs to me and trip on her own foot but before she can fall, I caught her in my arms. 

 

"You should be careful. I can't let you hurt yourself" 

 

I whisper as I help her back onto her own feet and she stare at me. "Luhan" she says my  name before hugging me and cry against my chest. 

 

"Miyun" 

 

"Luhan, 

 

I'm sorry"