Chapter Three - First Snow

Crumble

 

Luhan heard a loud shout from the living room and he made a dash to it. His heart was pounding against his chest wondering what had happen. All he could tthink of was the safety of his wife and unborn baby. "Miyun!" He cried out as he pant reaching the living room in matter of seconds. Instead of the wild imagination he had -a robber had come in and had a knife against Miyun's neck - he was greeted with Miyun looking at him with a confused face. 

 

Luhan breath out in relief. They're safe, he says more to himself. 

 

"What the hell did you shout for? Did you know how worried I was?" But Luhan is dramatic and he cannot stop himself from shouting. College has been hard and Miyun's constant change of attitude makes it even harder. Luhan was just stressed out. 

 

Miyun's eyes clouded with tears when Luhan shouted at her. He never raise his voice and hit her. He was always so kind and loving and Luhan getting angry was the Luhan Miyun never wants to see. "I-I'm s-sorry" she whimper out. Miyun tried choking back the sob but failed and soon she was sobbing. 

 

Luhan wrap his arms around her carefully in order not to hurt their baby. He place his chin on her shoulder and let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry for shouting at you. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry Miyun-ah" he says and Miyun press her nose to Luhan's shoulder. 

 

"No, you should have. I made you worried for nothing. I'm sorry Luhan. I didn't mean to. It's just that I got really excited and couldn't contain myself. I'm sorry Luhan" she whimper out still sobbing and Luhan sigh, running his hand through her locks to calm her down. 

 

"It's okay. I don't mind. It just shows how much I love you, you know. I was scared something would happen to you and our baby. Please don't cry Miyun-ah. I hate to see you cry" 

 

Miyun look at him with tearful eyes. 

 

"You really love me a lot?" 

 

Luhan chuckle pressing a kiss on her forehead. "Yes you ignorant girl. I love you too much that I couldn't bear the thought of losing yoy and our baby. You are my heart and if I lose you, I'd die. I love you Lu Miyun. I really do love you a lot" 

 

Miyun smile bashfully. "Even if I'm fat?" 

 

Luhan laugh and nod when Miyun pout and hit his shoulder. It hurts but Luhan wasn't bothered. "Yes. Your fat stomach only proves that our baby is growing. I don't care if you're fat or not" Miyun smile apparantly satisfied with Luhan's answer and cuddle against his chest. 

 

They stayed in the position for a while. 

 

"What did get you so hype out anyways?" Luhan ask and Miyun smile her eyes shining really bright as she remembered. She immediately pull Luhan and the man chuckle at the change of attitudes. Hormones, Luhan added in his mind. "It's snowing!" She cry out and Luhan widen his eyes. 

 

"It is?" 

 

True enough, it was snowing. Luhan watch as the snow fall. The first snow in winter. It was a beautiful sight that couldn't be  captured even with a  camera. He felt Miyun squeeze his hand and he look down only to see her looking out the window with tender eyes. He smile.

 


 

 

"Mommy" 

 

I turn and look at my daughter with a smile. Her eyes were wide with excitement and I cannot help but chuckle at her cuteness. I have to admit that Seyun is really pretty. Whenever I look at her, I would see Luhan and that just kills me. Luhan, I let out a sigh, I wonder what happen to us. 

 

How did this happen? 

 

"What is it baby?" 

 

Seyun smile widely. " Mommy. It's snowing. Can we go and play?" She ask and I cannot say no to that pouty face. I sigh and nod. "Okay. Why don't you go and change to warm clothes? It's going to be cold out there" I say and Seyun nod before bounding towards her room. 

 

I stood at the sink and let out yet another sigh. It has been a habit of mine to sigh nowdays. I've been thinking about the future. What would happen? Do I really want this divorce? What has become of me to snap at him? 

 

I love Luhan. He is the man that I had lived with for years and everyday he would manage to make me fall inlove with him over and over again. 

 

I sigh. 

 

"Mommy?" I turn almost abruptly and smile as Seyun came closer to me. She was already dressed in her pink jacket with her hair down. "Are you ready Seyun? Let mommy take my jacket first okay" 

 

I went to my room and took my jacket from the hanger before going back to Seyun. I help her wear her shoes and was expecting her to shout at me to hurry up but she didn't. I look at her only to see her frowning hard. 

 

"Baby what's wrong?" 

 

She frown even further. "Mommy. Seyunnie miss daddy. Daddy always play with Seyunnie when winter comes" she says and I smile before reaching out to touch her cheeks. Seyun had been asking for her daddy quite a lot nowdays. I felt guilty to hear her ask for Luhan. 

 

"Why don't we call daddy after we're done playing? Daddy must be busy with work right now" I suggest and watch as her eyes lit up. "Can we?" I nod and she squeal. 

 

"Yay! Let's go play" 

 


 

Seyun came to me the moment I went to her bedroom. She already had her pajamas on and she smile brightly. "Mommy! Come! Let's call daddy" she cried out and I couldn't help but smile. Seyun's constant smile had always been my antidote when I'm at my bad days - especially now. 

 

"Okay" 

 

We sat on the bed with Seyun on my lap as I took my phone and dialled Luhan's number. It took him a few seconds before he answered it with a start "Miyun-ah, what's wrong?" The way he say my name send shivers down my spine. I shrug off the feeling. 

 

"Hey" I say and the was a shufle from the other side before he answer. "Hey Miyun" it felt like we're back to friendzone. Seyun shook my sleeves and look at me expectently and I had to chuckle. 

 

"Our baby girl wants to talk to you" I say and I heard him laugh. "Okay. Put her on" 

 

"Daddy!" Seyun squeal the moment she got the phone, "I miss you!" I ran through her hair as she talk to her dad. "Daddy, it's snowing today. Mommy and me went to play with the snow" I could imagine Luhan chuckling as he says, really? 

 

"It was fun. But if daddy is here  it will be even more fun" Luhan says something as Seyun's mouth turn into a pout. "When are you coming back daddy? Seyun wants to play with daddy and mommy with the snow" 

 

Unconciously my palms clench when Seyun said that. 

 

"Okay. Seyunnie will be a good girl." 

 

I watch her. 

 

"Seyunnie loves daddy too. Bye daddy. Mommy! Daddy wants to talk to you" Seyun says as she hand me the phone and I took it. "What is it?" 

 

"Miyun, listen. I want to spend christmas with you guys, can I?" I bit my lips when Luhan ask. He's asking for permission to spend christmas with me and I felt like it was my fault. 

 

"Okay" 

 

I could imagine him having his stupid grin on his face. "Bye" i say and he answer with a goodbye. 

 

"I love you Lu Miyun" 

 

I hung up.