Chapter Four - Christmas Day

Crumble

 

"Oppa!" 

 

"Yunnie!" 

 

Both children squeal the moment they saw each other and hug. I laugh as Luhan approach us with Yixing and Jihae. "Hey, aren't you going to hug daddy too?" 

 

When Seyun saw Luhan, her eyes brighten and she ran to him letting out a really loud 'daddy!' He twirl her around and she laugh and I smile. Seyun barely laugh nowdays. She must realize what is happening. The Luhan sees me and smile making my heart go wild. 

 

"Hey" 

 

"Hey yourself" he stood in front of me and we stood there awkwardly. Seyun giggle. "Daddy, kiss mommy" she says and I purse my lips at my daughter. She's a brat, really. Luhan let out a nervous laugh as he pat her head. 

 

"Daddy will kiss mommy at home. Why don't you stay with baba, mama and Tao while mommy and daddy shops?" He suggest and Seyun nod before she was on the ground again and ran up to Jihae's outreach hand. Jihae nod at me and I chuckle at my sister. Yixing gave us stern look before saying "Behave. No fighting you two. And maybe make up and make out already" 

 

My cheeks heated up at his words. Sometimes I wonder who is the older one. Luhan apparantly too was feeling the same thing. He was rubbing the back of his neck, an act of his when he's nervous or embarrassed. We stood still not knowing what to do or say. 

 

"Do.. do you want to go and look for presents?" Luhan suggest looking at me hopefully and I smile before nodding. We walk side by side to any random shop. "So, who and what should we get for christmas?" 

 

"Seyun says she wants ballet shoes. You know, she loves to dance. Then we need to get baby clothes for Jihae and pregnancy clothes for her. For Yixing, maybe we could get a shirt and vest. I would say dark blue suits him. Then for Jongin, we could get him-" 

 

Luhan's chuckle cut my words. I look at him confused. "What is it?" 

 

He smile fondly. "Always the same Kim Miyun I know. You have everything plan like always" I realize that he says Kim Miyun instead of the Lu Miyun he always say. Maybe he really wants the divorce. I force a smile and nod. 

 

"Of  course!" I say a bit too cheerfully. "We need to get everthing plan or we wouldn't be able to get everyone presents." I say walking ahead as I force back tbe sob.

 

"Miyun, are you okay?" He ask as he pull me by my forearm to face him. I stiff slightly at his touch and smile.

 

"I'm fine" 

 

"But-" 

 

"Look. If we want to finish shopping fast, don't you think we should go now? We have to start decorating the house and guest are coming this afternon right? There's a lot of things we have to do" 

 

"Yeah but I- alright. Let's go" 

 

For the past few hours we were shopping for things. Maybe we bought Seyun a little too much present and I was worried that we would spoil her. "It's fine" Luhan says trying to assure me,  "Seyun is our baby girl. Besides, we already spoil her too much" 

 

I freak out. "Luhan! What if Seyun grows up to be a spoil like her" I say gritting my teeth at the long lost memory. Luhan laugh as he took the bag with Seyun's present before turning to me. 

 

" and if she does happen to be like her,I would spank her. I won't want my daughter to be like those girls in mean girls. And Miyun, what did I say about cursing. It's bad habit. Don't say that again, okay" 

 

I giggle. Always the too precautious Luhan. He hardly say a bad word much less to other people. Even if he gets angry, he would try to control his anger. Also happens to be the reason why he hardly ever scold our daughter. 

 

"Who's present next?" 

 

"Zhang family" I sing song to him as I skip happily humming to my -our- favourite song- First Snow. Luhan catch up to me and when he heard me singing he smile. 

 

"You still remember that song?" 

 

He ask and I nod, slightly wincing when his shoulder touch mine. "Of course. I could never forget it" 

 

Luhan nod. 

 

We were shopping for Yixing, Jihae and Tao - and also baby. We then got presents for my mother who is coming to celebrate with us tonight. Our house is going to be full. That was when I remembered. 

 

"Luhan" I called and he look up at me with those wide brown eyes. "What do you want for christmas?" 

 

Truth to be told, me and Luhan never got each other anything as a present. Our present would be each other with a romantic candle light dinner and a night of love making. 

 

But now.

 

"I don't care. Anything suits" 

 


 

 

"Miyun-ah" 

 

I look up from the stove and smile at my mother humming a small yes? Mother smile at me while looking at Jihae who was busy cutting the vegetables. 

 

"When are you getting pregnant again?" 

 

I choke on my own saliva when I heard my mother asking me that. I cough violently and Luhan who was placing things immediately ran to my side before handing me  a glass of water. 

 

Jihae snickers. 

 

I glare at her. 

 

"You okay?" He ask worried and I smile, slightly nodding. My mother was amused as she says ," you two are really cute. I'm glad you got married" my cheeks turn bright red and Jihae snickers once more. 

 

This time I threw a banana - where did that come from?- and it hit her face. Jihae whine. "Unnie! Why did you do that? Yixing! Unnie hurt me!" 

 

We all laugh as Yixing fuss around  a pouting Jihae. 

 

"Luhan dear. I was asking Miyun when she is going to get pregnant again?" 

 

"Mom. You have like two grandchildren already. And one is on the way. Why do you want unnie to get pregnant again?" Jihae whine as she cling to Yixing. 

 

"Shush Jihae. Three is not enough. Besides, the more the merrier! So when are you guys getting pregnant again? Seyun must want a sibling right?" 

 

"Mom" 

 

Luhan smile by my side. "We're actually not plannig to have another baby yet mom. We're having our full attention on Seyun first. Maybe a few years later" if we make up, I added in my mind.

 

Mother nod. I felt bad as my mother doesn't even know that me and Luhan are not in good terms. But I wouldn't tell my mother that. She has enough worries in life. 

 

"You okay?" Luhan ask me when everyone's attention was elsewhere. I smile and nod.

 

"Never felt better" What a lie. 

 


 

 

Dinner went well and by the time it was 12, Yixing and Jihae went home with Tao. I ushered Seyun to change into her pajamas and I kiss her goodnight. 

 

"Did you have fun today baby?" I ask and she smile nodding. 

 

"Yes. Seyun likes to see mommy and daddy together. We will live together right?" 

 

I smile painfully as I caress her hair. Slowly I humm Seyun to sleep. Luhan came in and he greet me with a hey. I greet him back. We watch as our daughter sleep before Luhan got up. 

 

" I'm just going to go and take some fresh air. Don't wait for me"  I nod absentmindedly and Luhan walk out. I was alone once more. After a while, I made my way to my -and Luhan's- bedroom when my mother approach me. "Miyun. Can we talk?"

 

I followed my mother to her bedroom and sat on the bed when she ushered me to. I frown at her and wait for her to say something. My mother let out  a sigh. "What happen between you and Luhan?" My mother ask and I raise a brow. "What do you mean?" 

 

"There is something wrong with you and Luhan. Like there's barrier. I can sense it. Miyun tell me. Did he cheat on you?" My mother ask and I widen my eyes. 

 

"No. He didn't. He never did. It just that-"  I let out a sob and my mother hug me. "Don't worry princess. Every marriage has their ow  problem. I once had a huge fight with your dad but we manage it. Both of you are still young. You should enjoy being with each other while it last" 

 

"Mom, I said horrible things to him. I said how he was too busy with work that he seems to forget about me and Seyun. I accuse him of sleeping with other women when he clearly hadn't. I shout at him saying that I cannot be with a man who had an affair behind my back. Mom, I'm the one who should be blame. He didn't even do anything wrong" 

 

My mother ran her hand on my back. "It's okay. A fight between couple is normal. You could have ideas of him having an affair. That is normal. But when you fight, you should fight for too long. Don't let your inner get you. Or you'll lose him" 

 

I cry. 

 

"I don't want to lose him. I still love him" 

 

My mother smile. 

 

"Then go and get him" 

 

 


 

Yay! Exams are over -for me, not my sister- and I am having the enjoyment in the world. This chapter is dedicated to those who subscribe but mostly those who comment. I want to say, thank you for commenting because really, you guys make my day. *bows down* thank you. 고마워. 

And I am sad to announce that this story will end in two more chapters. I have it all planned out. Please look forward to it. 

P/S: do you guys believe that this story is written by a 15 years old girl? 

Yours sincerely, 

ForeverSehun98

-because Sehun and Ryeowook are forever my bias in their respective group. Add Jongdae to that list too-