Chapter Two - Come Back Home

Crumble

 

"Is this seat taken?"  

 

Luhan almost choke on his cup of bubble tea and look up to scold he or she. Immediately Luhan look up at the said intruder to scold him or her but what had he saw made the words stuck at the back of his throat. Luhan stare at the girl. 

 

He was gaping like a fish, embarrassing himself in front of her. She's so far the prettiest girl Luhan had ever set his eyes on . Definitely his type. 

 

"Umm.. there's no seat left and this one seem vacant. I'm sorry for bothering you. You must be waiting for you girlfriend. Of course you must have a girlfriend especially with those doe eyes-" 

 

"No!" Luhan cry out even before he can stop himself and find himself a stuttering mess, "I mean, no, this seat is not vacant. You can have it" he says awkwardly rubbing his neck. The girl smile at him and place her drink on the table before taking the seat across him. Luhan sip on his bubble tea, feeling somewhat nervous with this girl. 

 

"I'm Miyun. Kim Miyun actually" 

 

"Huh?" Luhan blurt out and she giggle. Luhan felt stupid. She must think I'm a dork now, he thought to himself. "My name is Kim Miyun. What's yours?"

 

Luhan smile bashfully. 

 

"Luhan" 

 


 

 

"Daddy" 

 

I let out hum indicating to Seyun that I am indeed listening despite the fact that I am driving the car. I waited for her to continue but she didn't making me ponder what she wanted go ask. The traffic light flash red and I stop the car before turning to my daughter. Seyun has to be the prettiesg girl - after her mother that is- and she is my daughted so I can boast about her anytime I want. 

 

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" I ask as I ran my hands through her curly black hair that reach till  her waist line, one that inherited from her mother. She mostly look like me and for once -and will never will again- I am glad that I have feinine features. She look at me with wide eyes. "Daddy do you still love mummy?" 

 

I fell silent, not knowing what to answer my daughter. She look at me with hopeful eyes. "Daddy?"  I kept quiet before smiling at her. "Do you want bubble tea princess?" 

 

Her eyes lit up at the word of bubble tea and nod enthuastically. She momentarily forgot about her question. 


 

 

"Yunnie-ah!"

 

"Oppa!" 

 

I shook my head as I watch the both of them tackle each other into a hug. Jihae shook her head with a smile on her face as she ushered them inside from the cold weather. Seyun had always been close with Tao since they were born. "Xing Baba! Did you get Seyunnie anything?" She cried out when Yixing came and pick her up. He laugh and ruffle her hair affectionately. "No. But I will. Why don't you go and play with Tao at his playroom?" 

 

Seyun look up at me with wide eyes  and i nod, shaking my head when they ran up the stairs like kids- they are anyways but whatever. I made my way to kitchen and sat at the counter. Jihae smile at me before handing me a cup of  coffee. Coffee isn't my style but I got used to it when Miyun had always ask for them when she was pregnant with Seyun. 

 

Oh god-those memories. 

 

"Everything fine oppa?" Jihae  ask and I let out a sigh. Yixing came beside me and place a hand on my shoulder. "What happen Lu? Did you fight with Miyun again?" Jihae sat infront of me and sigh. "Did my sister say anything?" Yup, you guess it. Jihae is Miyun's younger sister that married my best friend. She's Tao' stepmother and is pregnant for about six months now. I shook my head. 

 

"No. It's Seyun" I say and Yixing kept quiet, waiting for me to continue. "Seyun ask me wether I still love her mommy or not" everyone kept quiet and I buried my face in my palms. I didn't know wether to cry or not. Throghout this whole time, I never really pay attention to Seyun until just now. I barely see my daughter now days since I left the house and move into Yixing's. 

 

"Seyun is matured kid, too matured for a child her age. You need to realize that Luhan. Seyun is growing up but even if she is quite matured for her own age, she is still a child. She doesn't understand what is happpening and you as he father have to explain to her slowly. If not, it will just be like me. You see how I suffer when my parents divorce each other one day. You need to tell her Luhan or she will get hurt even more than she is now" 

 

Jihae had tears in her eyes as she held my hands. I realize that I was forcing back the sob that almost erupt. Yixing was right. Yixing is always right. He had always been the one person that I could turn to and give me advice. He is my friend and will forever be. I let out a sigh. 

 

"I will" 


 

"Baba, why can't Seyunnie stay here? Seyunnie wants to stay here with baba, daddy, mama and oppa. Please let Seyunnie stay here" my daughter says as she hug Yixing. It was time for her to go home but deep inside, I couldn't find a will to let her go. Yixing smile sadly as he ruffle her hair. "Of course you can stay here Yunnie-ah. You are always welcome here. But, do you want to let your mama stay alone? You don't want to right?" 

 

My daughter kept quiet. 

 

"Then, can you ask daddy to come back home?" She ask looking at Yixing a little too hopeful. Yixing was quiet as he look at me  but I couldn't look at him in the eyes. "Baba will try" I heard him say. When I look back at them, Jihae was hugging Seyun, promising that she would bring her and Tao to the park next time she came. 

 

"Come one baby. Let's get you home" 

 

Throughout the journey, Seyun was whimpering and I sigh. "Daddy, don't you stillove mommy?" There comes the question once agin. I sigh and thought that maybe I should be honest. "Yeah. Daddy still love mommy baby" I say and saw the hopeful smile from her face. "Then why don't daddy come back home now? Let's go back to baba's house and take your bag daddy" I was tempted to do so. 

 

We arrive at the house and Miyun was waiting. She had a smile on her face thouh it still didn't reach her eyes. Seyun immediately climb off the car and ran to her. "Mommy!" Miyun smile at her. "Daddy is here mommy. Come, let's bring daddy back home" 

 

"Seyun" 

 

I got off the car while taking Seyun's bag with me and watch as my daughter tries to pull ber mother  "mommy!!daddy is here. Don't you want daddy to come back home? Seyunnie miss daddy  but daddy don't come back anymore. Seyunnie wants daddy to come back home!" My daughter demand and my heart clench as I neared them. Miyun look up at me and there were tears in her eyes. 

 

"Daddy! Let's go back to baba's house and take your bag, okay? Daddy come back to our house okay? Seyunnie wants to sleep with daddy. Seyunnie wants to play with daddy. Pinku pinku ks waiting to play with daddy and Seyunnie. Let's go inside daddy" She pull my hand to go inside the house that I once live in but failed miserably. 

 

My heart clench even more at the sight of my daughter desperately trying to get us together. Yixing was right. Seyun is matured for a child her own age. I bend down and reach my arms for her. "Come here baby.  Come hug daddy" I expect her to do so but she shook her head and instead, pull my hand. Her lips were quivering nd I knew she was starting to cry. 

 

"NO! Daddy can hug Seyunnie when daddy comes back. S-Seyunnie don't want to hug d-daddy. D-daddy has to come back. D-daddy promise to play with S-Seyunnie and p-pinku p-p-pinku" 

 

I  oukdn't take it anymore and pull her into my arms burying my face into her hair. She was sobbing violently muttering the 'daddy come back' over and over again. "Seyunnie baby, be a good girl okay. Always listen to mommy and be the good girl that daddy is proud of. Please don't cry baby. I love you okay" 

 

She cries as I hand her to Miyun. I gave her the bag and nod at her. I kiss my daughter before walking to the car. "Daddy!" I turn a  gave a small smile to Seyun. She was struggling as she cry as she desperately tries to get down on the ground. "I love you baby. Please don't cry" 

 

I couldn't turn back despite Seyun's wailing for me. If I did, I knew I could never let her go. After a while, I park my car at the curb and began to cry. 

 

It was never my intention but my daughter got hurt. 

 

I couldn't bring to forgive myself. 


 

 

"Daddy!" 

 

I smile widely as I came through the door only to be greeted by my daughter smiling brightly. It made all the tiredness I felt from work washed away immediately. She was holding onto pinku pinku, the doll I gave her on her birthday and it had always been with her since then. "Hey baby, where's mommy?" 

 

"Cooking!" My three year old cry out and I laugh making my way to the kitchen. There I saw my wife cooking for dinner as she humm a familliar song. First snow. "Hey"  I say placing Seyun on the kitchen counter and Miyun jump slightly before turning to us and smile. 

 

"Hey, you're back. How's work? Must be tirying, right?" 

 

She says coming closer to us and kiss my lips. Seyun squeal as she always does when she saw us getting intimate. Miyun and I both laugh at Seyun's cuteness. 

 

"Dinner is ready in half an hour. Why don't you get this little princess a bath?" Miyun says and I laugh nodding. Seyun was back in my arms and I tell her that she was going to have a bath with me. She smile gleely because Seyun always love to take a bath with me. We would end up playing bubbles and it would take us quite a long time. 

 

"Hey" 

 

I call Miyun and she turn looking at me confused. I smile before kissing her lips, longer than peck. We pull away after quite a while and she smiles. 

 

"I love you Lu Miyun" 

 

Her cheeks turn red. 

 

"I love you too Luhan" 


 

 

Hey guys, another update. Please comment. Really appreciate it.