Another Side of Her

Perhaps..I like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someone is watching them from one of the window. Is So Won. A little girl, aged 6. 

Conversation in English

So Won : Omma. I see Uncle Soo-Hyun. He is with two ahjussi ("Uncle") Just down there. Omma. Omma. 

Shin Hye : Yes. Those are Uncle Soo-Hyun's friends. They are here for the wedding too. Come, don't stand near the window, is dangerous. 

So Won : Omma. I'm hungry. 

Shin Hye : Ah.. you little hungry monster. Didn't you just went tea with Uncle Soo-Hyun, Granny and Grandpa not long ago? (Hugging her) 

So Won : Omma. I didn't eat much. I was waiting for you. I thought you say you gonna be here early. But Uncle Soo-Hyun says Omma wants to go sightseeing before coming here, don't you miss me? (making sulky face)

Shin Hye : I'm sorry, little princess. Of course, I miss you. How can I not? You were away for 2 months. Next time, I will never agree to send you for any exchange student program. I don't understand why your school allows such program when you are only 6. You know because of the program, everyone including Granny and Grandpa miss you so much, they insists of bringing you here earlier. I can't say no to them. That will make them sad. You don't want them to be sad, right? 

So Won : But Omma, you went sightseeing without me.

Shin Hye : You little tyke. Before boarding, I remember somebody was asking me not to reach here early because Grandma and Grandpa are bringing her to theme park and someone is enjoying herself too. (now Shin Hye is making the sulky face)

So Won : Omma. I know you don't like to go theme park that's why I go with grandma and grandpa. Well, omma. If not, how can you enjoy yourself too. (Although So Won is only 6, but she is very mature for her age, a cheeky and smart girl)

Shin Hye : You little one. Let omma take a shower, then I bring you to the cafe for food. Okay?

So Won nodded. 

So Won is a cute little girl. Her real parents are actually Shin Hye's client. Her first client. When Shin Hye just graduated, she got assigned by her senior lawyer to handle one of the divorce case. That is So Won's parents. That time, So Won is not born yet. Later, Shin Hye becomes a close friend of Mrs. Han. She knows that she is pregnant. Shin Hye helps the couple, they reunite, the divorce called off. They are happy family, with the new addition member - So Won. They even get Shin Hye to be So Won's god mother. Shin Hye loves So Won very much. She agreed. But happy times don't last, one day, when Mr. Han and Mrs. Han is on the way to fetch So Won, they got into car accident, they died, leaving So Won alone. That time she is only 3 years old. Shin Hye didn't want So Won end up in orphanage, being an orphan. She spokes to the her parents, and Soo-Hyun, she decided to adopt So Won, as her daughter. They love So Won too. They agreed. Since then, So Won lives with them. Even she is without her parents, she is happy, because she gains a mom, an uncle and grandparents. 

Kal So Won (6 years old) - Minori Han So Won. Daughter of Mr. Han and Mrs. Han. Shin Hye's adopted daughter. 

Han Tae-Seok or Won Bin - Mr. Han. So Won's Appa. 

Song Hye Kyo - Mrs. Han. So Won's Omma. Shin Hye's client, becomes close friend later. 

(At the cafe)

So Won and Shin Hye are at the cafe. Shin Hye orders mushroom soup and some garlic bread for So Won. Then, she realised So Won is not wearing any cardigan or jackets. She afraids that she will catch cold. So she asked So Won to waits for her while she gets a jacket from the room. So Won nodded. She is enjoying her mushroom soup. Then, the three boys walking in. So Won sees Soo-Hyun. She runs to him. 

Conversation in English

So Won : Uncle Soo-Hyun!! Uncle Soo-Hyun!!

Soo-Hyun hugs her. He carries her with one hand. She is quite light.

Soo-Hyun : Little Princess. What are you doing here? Where is your omma? 

So Won : Omma went up to get a jacket for me. I'm hungry. Omma got me soup and bread.

Young Do and Min Ho are shocked. Who is this little girl? They are speaking in English. They can't really understand them.

So Won : Uncle Soo-Hyun (pointing at them) Are the handsome "Ahjussi" your friends?

Soo-Hyun : You little tyke. How come I never hear you calling me the handsome Uncle? (Young Do and Min Ho are laughing, they understand the word "handsome ahjussi")

Conversation in Korean

Young Do : Eh.. Soo-Hyun. Who is this little girl? (pinching her cheek) She is so cute.

So Won (speaking in Korean) : Handsome ahjussi. I know I'm cute. Please don't pinch my cheek. Is painful. I don't like it.

Min Ho is laughing at Young Do.

Min Ho (teasing) : You never good with kids. This is not how you show your love to a kid. (Petting her head) This is what you should do. Like this.

So Won : Ahh.. I'm not a pet too.

Both Young Do and Soo-Hyun are laughing at Min Ho. 

Young Do : So little girl. Why are you here alone? Where is your parents?

Soo-Hyun's face changed. He forgots to tell them about So Won. And the question asked, he is afraid that she will remembered the past and feel sad again.

So Won : Omma and Appa---(paused, then something distracted her). Ah..Omma... (Pointing at Shin Hye, she is walking towards them) There, ahjussi. My pretty omma!! 

Young Do and Min Ho both puzzled. They thought they saw the wrong person, but as Shin Hye gets closer, they sure is the same girl, the same girl that brings them sightseeing Melbourne and sends them to Dandenong. It is Soo-Hyun's sister. So she is a mother already? 

Young Do whispers to Soo-Hyun : Your sister married? She is a mother? 

Soo-Hyun : Ani. Ani. Aishh.. she..So Won----

Young Do continues : So she is a rich, smart, pretty, hot y mother? Wow. Daebak!! I guess she just moved to my top list. (winks at both of them) 

Just then, a hit on his head. Young Do looks at Soo-Hyun. Soo-Hyun and Min Ho are shocked. Soo-Hyun keeps shaking his head, denying that is not him. Then, he sees the little tyke staring at him. She is the one hitting him. Shin Hye sees that. She rushes to them. 

Conversation in English

Shin Hye : So Won! How can you hit ahjussi just like that! No manners! What did omma teaches you? 

So Won (sulky face) : But Omma, (pointing at Young Do) he calls you the rich, smart, pretty, hot y mother. I don't like that. (giving a fierce look at Young Do) 

Shin Hye is feeling embarrassed and started blushing. She wanted to go off with So Won but she still not done with the soup. 

So Won : Omma. My soup!! (She runs back to the place she was seated and continue drinking her soup) 

Shin Hye sits next to her. Then, Min Ho tells Soo-Hyun and Young Do that he is hungry too. So all of them sit at the same table as Shin Hye and So Won. This makes Shin Hye even more uncomfortable. Somehow, she realised that Min Ho keeps looking at her. They orders some snacks. Min Ho likes So Won. He was playing with her the whole time. Then, Soo-Hyun got a call from Ji-Hyun. She needed some help from Shin Hye and Soo-Hyun. 

Conversation in Korean

Shin Hye : So Won, are you done? Omma and uncle need to go help Aunt Ji-Hyun. 

So Won : Not yet omma. I still got the bread. (Pointing at the bread) 

Shin Hye : Ahh.. but then---

So Won : Is okay, omma. You can go with Uncle Soo-Hyun. (pointing at Min Ho and Young Do) Handsome ahjussi will be here with me, right? 

Shin Hye : Ah... So Won. But (looking at them) I don't think is a good idea. I ---

Min Ho interrupts : Is okay. She can stays here with us. Plus, I'm not done with my food yet. Pali Pali. Both of you just go. The bride is waiting! 

Another call from Ji-Hyun. She is checking if they are coming up. Soo-Hyun grabs Shin Hye with him and rushes up. Before they goes off, Shin Hye asked So Won to behave and thanks Min Ho and Young Do for taking care of So Won. They will send So Won back to the room when they are done. 

Young Do : So little girl. Your name is So Won? (before that, there is no proper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter