I'll Protect You

Perhaps..I like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You always there for me, protect me, 

And now, is my turn, 

If by death or my life to protect you, 

I WILL."

(Present)

Soo-Hyun : We are here. This is the place.

Shin Hye : Gomawo, Oppa. Wait for me here. 

Soo-Hyun : Are you sure? We can come with you. 

Young Do (feeling confuse) : I thought I'm here for a purpose? 

Soo-Hyun : Shin Hye-- (both ignoring Young Do)

Shin Hye : Don't worry. I can handle this. Just wait for me in the car, alright? 

Young Do (eyes staring at Soo-Hyun) : So I'm here without a purpose. (hand on his forehead) And I actually stupid enough to cancel my photo shooting today and postponed to tomorrow. Thinking that I'm having a big task today.

Shin Hye (laughing) : Well. You do have a big task today.

Young Do : Ah-ha. So what is it? You want me to do what? (feeling excited)

Shin Hye : Sit here and entertain him. (pointing at Soo-Hyun)

Young Do : Ah. (feeling disappointed) Chincha. 

Soo-Hyun : YAH!! Young Do. (looks at Shin Hye with worried eyes) Shin Hye. Chincha? 

Shin Hye : Just wait for me. I won't be long. 

Soo-Hyun : Call if---

Before he finishes his sentences, Shin Hye already get down from the car and waving from outside. 

Soo-Hyun : Ah. Chincha. 

Young Do : She is one special lady. I start to envy Min Ho. 

Soo-Hyun (giving him a dead stare) : Aish---

~~~

(30 minutes later)

Young Do : Wow. Little dongsaeng. You are fast. 

Soo-Hyun : How was it? 

Before Shin Hye could answers him, her mobile ringing. Caller ID - Unknown. But she seems to know who is calling her.

Shin Hye (with confident, telling them) : Is Manager Han.

Young Do : How do you even know? You just came down from his office like less than 2 minutes ago. 

Shin Hye : Because this shows how capable I am. (give him a smile)

She picks up the call. Indeed, is Manager Han. 

Shin Hye : Yes, Mr. Han. 

Manager Han : About the terms and conditions, can it be negotiable? 

Shin Hye : Oh. Mr. Han. I don't do negotiation, especially not with you. (speaking firmly) Call me back when you agreed with my terms and conditions, otherwise, please don't call me. 

Manager Han : C-Can you give me more time to think about it? 

Shin Hye : 2 days. You have 2 days to get back to me. For your information, I'm impatient.

Manager Han : Is it possible that---

Shin Hye cuts in : I'm done talking. Annyeong. 

Shin Hye hangs up the call. Young Do looks at her, in disbelief of what just happened. 

Young Do : I'm scared of you now.

Soo-Hyun : Nadoh ("Me too"). Since when you are this fierce?

Shin Hye : I'm not fierce. I'm just doing my job. Being professional. Now, drive.

#Start of Flashback - 10 days ago

"GO AWAY!!! GO AWAY!!! I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BE HERE!!"

"STAY CALM? YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT I CAN'T SEE. AND YOU ASKED ME TO STAY CALM? HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT? YOU TELL ME?"

~~

"He had car accident. His head was injured. I believed that his head was knocked on the sterling when the accident happened. The impact to the head actually caused the retina detach or bruised, as the vision is interconnected with the central nervous system. The impact can lead to loss of sight or blindness." 

"At the moment, is still early to give you an answer whether is temporary or permanent blindness."

~~~

Soo-Hyun : Shin Hye. You looked tired. I guess you barely sleep on the plane. Do you want to go back to rest first? 

Shin Hye : Is ok. I will just stay here for the night. 

Soo-Hyun : But Min Ho won't be awake anytime soon. Doctor said the injection last probably few hours. 

Shin Hye : Don't worry. Just pick me up tomorrow morning, oppa. 

Soo-Hyun : Hm. Anything call me. 

~~~

Close to midnight, Shin Hye fell asleep at the couch. She feels there is something on her. She opens her eyes and sees Soo-Hyun is in front of her, putting a blanket on her.

Shin Hye (whispers softly) : O-Oppa? 

Soo-Hyun placed his finger on his lips, silenced her. He turns and looks at Min Ho that is still sleeping soundly on the bed. He points the door, asking Shin Hye to follow him. When they are outside, Soo-Hyun asked if Shin Hye had anything for dinner. She just smiled at him. He gave her an annoyed look and dragged her to the cafetaria downstair. Because is late, there is only sandwishes available and Soo-Hyun bought one for her. They sit at one of the table. 

Soo-Hyun : Eat. (put the sandwish in front of her) 

Shin Hye : Gomawo, Oppa. 

Soo-Hyun : You need to take care of yourself. Don't make me worry again, arraso? 

Shin Hye : Hm.

Soo-Hyun : So what is your plan? 

Shin Hye : Not sure. Oppa. 

Soo-Hyun : Neh. 

Shin Hye : Ottoke? I don't know what I supposed to do.

Soo-Hyun : What do you mean? I thought you already made up your mind when you board the plane? 

Shin Hye : Ani. I mean should I let Min Ho know I'm back? I-I am not sure. I know him. I know he won't want me to see him in this condition. A-And I afraid he thought I come back to Seoul, to be with him, out of pity, and not love. 

Soo-Hyun : He won't.

Shin Hye : Oppa. He will.

Soo-Hyun : Then what are you doing to do? Hide from him?

Shin Hye : I have a plan. But I need your help.

#End of Flashback - 10 days ago

#Start of Flashback - 7 days ago

Min Ho : W-Where are we now?

Soo-Hyun : The reporters are outside. We are using the secret pathway to get you out here.

Min Ho : S-So the whole world know that I'm blind? 

Young Do : That is the least thing you should worried. 

Min Ho lets out a deep sigh. 

~~~

Ji-Hyun : Min Ho ah. We had got you a personal nurse. She will-----

Min Ho cuts in : I don't need anyone. 

Soo-Hyun : Min Ho. There is no one to look after you. 

Min Ho : I know I'm blind but I still can take care of myself. 

Young Do : Don't be stubborn. You making us more worried if you are alone here. 

Min Ho : I'll be fine. 

Young Do : Min Ho---

Min Ho : I don't need anyone. Just get the nurse out. 

Soo-Hyun : I can't. 

Min Ho : Is my house. I don't like stranger. 

Young Do : In that case, should I call Shin Hye and ask her to be back instead? 

Shin Hye standing next to Soo-Hyun. Her eyes widened when Young Do mentioned her name. She tried to mouthed to Young Do and signaled him not to say anything. But Young Do mouthed to her 'Don't worry'. 

Min Ho : S-Shin Hye. Y-Young D-Do. (his hand trying to reach Young Do) A-Ani. Please. D-Don't. 

Young Do : So you better listen. Either the ahjumma here or Shin Hye. Pick one. 

Min Ho : Aish. Ara. I will take the ahjumma. 

Ji-Hyun : By the way, Ahjumma, (looking at Shin Hye) s-she can't speak. She is mute. But she can hears you. Hope you don't mind. 

Min Ho : Is good. I don't need anyone that talk alot. Gomawo, Ji-Hyun Noona. A-And Soo-Hyun, please, please don't let Shin Hye knows about this. 

Soo-Hyun : You know very well you can't hide long. 

Min Ho : I know. But as long as I could. I will. 

#End of Flashback - 7 days ago

#Start of Flashback - Day 3 , 4 ,5 , 6.....

*Knock Knock*

Min Ho : Come in.

Min Ho continues : Ahjumma. Is alright. I can take care myself. Just leave the food on the table.  

~~~

Min Ho : Ahjumma. I don't like this soup. It taste weird.

*knock* - sound knock on the table heard. That is how both of them communicate. Min Ho tells Ahjumma their communication ways, since he can't see and she can't speak. 

*knock* - Yes / OK 

*knock knock* - No

*knock knock knock* - I'll be away

Min Ho : You can come back in another 20 minutes. I should be done eating. 

*knock*

~~~

Min Ho : Ahjumma. 

*knock*

Min Ho : You don't have to answer me. I just need a listener. 

*knock*

Min Ho : Am I useless man?

*knock knock*

Min Ho : Are you sure? 

*knock*

Min Ho (smiling) : Ahjumma. You are so kind. I know your words are just comforting me. I can't see. I'm blind. (paused a while before continues) Do you think she will still loves me? 

*knock*

Min Ho (chuckles) : Even I'm not sure about that. But you are confident with your answer. 

~~~

Min Ho : Ahjumma. I don't need anything. You can excused yourself. Good night. 

*knock*

#End of Flashback - Day 3 , 4 ,5 , 6.....

Is had been close to a week, Min Ho is home resting. Everyday he is with the personal nurse. He is used to having her around. Everyday he will talks and tell her things. A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter