The Truth Behind

Perhaps..I like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y-You are Park Shin Hye?"

"Yes. I'm"

"Please take a seat. I'm glad you came."

"May I know what is the reason you ask to meet me?"

"Is about Min Ho."

"M-Min Ho?"

"I know that he is into you. And I'm pretty sure that you have feeling for him too. But he can't risk his career at the moment. He is at his peak. You do understand, don't you? Especially you have a famous brother like Soo-Hyun. You know the rules of the game for this industry."

"You asked to meet up. I believe this is not what you want to tell me. You can just tell what you want from me."

"You are one special lady. I can see why Min Ho is into you. You are not just ordinary. Since you are so straightforward, I don't mind telling you what is my intention. I need you to stay away from him."

"Because he is a celebrity and I'm not?"

"Let me make myself clear. If you decided to be with him. His career will be ruin. His life is over."

"B-But I do love him."

"So what if you love him and he loves you? Do you think both of you have a future? I'm pretty sure you know what is the feeling of dating a celebrity. Can you stand behind underground? Can you tolerate him having ladies around him? Can you even stand not seeing him for months?"

"If I love him, I believe I can."

"Believe and doing is totally different thing. You are too naive. I'm kind enough to tell you that you are too naive for this love game. It is not your place to battle. This is why you need to stay away from him. You need to leave."

"What if I don't?"

"Are you willing to take the risk."

"What risk?"

"The risk of seeing your love one have nothing in the end. He will hates you. And for that reason, both of you will end up breaking apart. "

~~~

Shin Hye lets out a deep sigh. She remembered the conversation she had with him. She decided. She needs to leave him. She can't say yes to him. She knows this is the best choice for him, and for her. 

Shin Hye's mind : Park Shin Hye. You can do it. You will be leaving soon. You can't be selfish. 

~~~

Soo-Hyun : S-Shin Hye. What's wrong with you? Your face looked pale. Are you alright? 

Shin Hye : Neh. Oppa. I'm fine. 

Shin Hye's mind : I can't let Oppa knows about this. He will finds him. He will tells Min Ho. Ani. I need to keep this to myself. 

(Present) 

Mrs Park : Shin Hye. Are you alright? 

Shin Hye : Neh. Omma. 

Mrs Park : I can see that something is bothering you. 

Shin Hye : I-Is nothing, Omma. 

Mrs Park : Chincha? 

Shin Hye : N-Neh.

Before leaving, she turns around and said.

Mrs Park : Shin Hye. Life is like a boat. We are all rowing the boat of fate. The waves will keep on coming and sometimes we might not be able to escape. Even if we ever get lost on our way, somehow we will make it through another day if you have strong determination. Have faith in yourself. Be strong. Fight for it. Fight for your happiness. Don't be afraid, for you know, we are always here with you.

~~~

So Won : Omma. Omma. 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

So Won (feeling nervous) : A-Are you angry at Handsome Ahjussi? 

Shin Hye : Wae? Why do you ask? 

So Won : B-Because Handsome Ahjussi called the yesterday morning. A-And---

Shin Hye cuts in : He called? 

So Won : Hm. 

Shin Hye : W-What did he say? 

So Won : Usual. He asked about us. But then he doesn't sound happy. He seems sad. 

Shin Hye : Muoes?!

So Won : Somehow I can feel that Handsome Ahjussi is sad. His tone is different. He seems drunk. 

Shin Hye : D-Drunk? 

So Won : Hm. I asked him where is him. He told me he is having a drink. I asked if Uncle Soo-Hyun or naughty ahjussi with him, he told me he is alone. Handsome ahjussi said you are mad at him. (looks at Shin Hye) Omma. Did Handsome Ahjussi make you angry? Can you don't angry him? 

Shin Hye : So Won. You are still young. You won't understand. 

So Won : I know Handsome Ahjussi likes you. He is sad because you angry him, right? 

Shin Hye : So Won Ah. This is something--

So Won : Omma. You do like Handsome Ahjussi right? 

Shin Hye (shocked) : A-Ani. 

So Won : Omma. You blushed when you lied. Do you know that? (cover her little mouth, laughing) 

Shin Hye : Aish. 

So Won : Omma. I like Handsome Ahjussi. I hope you don't angry him anymore. I can apologise on behalf if he did anything wrong. Jebal, Omma. Please don't be angry. (show her pinky finger) Pinky swear. 

Shin Hye has no choice but to gives her a pinky swear. She gives her a weak smile. 

Shin Hye's mind : So Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter