Chapter 6

Sasaeng Aniya!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took my time well, contemplating everything. But when I came out after about 20 minutes, I still don’t have anything in my mind to say.

 

                When I closed the door to the bedroom, I immediately looked to my right and saw another door. This one’s for the bathroom, I guess. I turned around. The unit was spacious. Right in front of me is the living room with a black leather couch and 40-inch flat TV. There was a shelf that kind of served like a divider just a meter beside the couch. It doesn’t really contain anything but an empty vase, some figurines and about three framed photos.  Past that is a polished wooden dining table for at least 6. I can see that it is located vertically from the small veranda with a glass door and thin white curtains, letting the sun pass through. To its other end is the door leading outside the unit. Beyond that is the kitchen with fixed cabinets on top and a two-door silver refrigerator. There was another door a meter to the right of the refrigerator. I’m guessing it is another room. I can see that this unit is a bit luxurious, at least, compared to my run-down apartment.

 

                Suddenly, Chanyeol appeared in front of me. I didn’t even notice him when I was observing the room. Before I could speak and explain myself however, he shoved me some folded neat clothes which I grabbed with both of my hands.

 

                “These are my sister’s,” he said. “Go wash.”

               

                I didn’t need to be told twice because in my sane life, I hate alcohol and to think that the smell is coming from me…ugh.

 

                When I closed the door, I heard him say, “You can use the rolled towel just on top of the mirror.” True to his words, there really is a towel there. I looked around, even the bathroom is spacious. But then there’s a bathtub so it’s understandable. The bathroom smelled of lemon, like it’s rarely been used. The beige tiles are still shiny, confirming my thoughts. Still, the things here are complete, there is even a disposable toothbrush, the ones used in the hotel. I showered for about fifteen minutes, scrubbing well. After I’m all dressed and my hair fixed (I don’t know why there’s also a comb here, it’s not like this is a powder room), I came out. The blue long sleeve dress is a bit loose on me, the tip passing below my knees, but it’s just okay.

 

                When I came out, I immediately looked around for Chanyeol. I found him talking with someone on the door. I edged closer, coming close to the dining table. When he finally closed the door, he was carrying a yellow plastic bag. He saw me standing there and just said, “Sit.”

 

                I don’t know what is with me, but I’m being an obedient dog. Probably to not embarrass myself any further.

 

                “I bought food, jjajangmyeon. I hope it’s okay, since it’s almost brunch,” he said, taking out two bowl of noodles out of the plastic bag and sitting down in the center seat while I sat down on the second one to his right, a seat apart from him. I noted how deep his voice really is. It felt like he swallowed a lot of manly hormones.

                “Do you not have a schedule?” I blurted out and mentally slapped myself. I sounded like a sasaeng.

 

                He looked at me and I knew that what I’ve been thinking crossed his mind. He did not comment however, but he had a slightly amused expression which he could have hid well if not for those expressive eyes of his.

 

                “I have one later this afternoon,” he revealed and I don’t think he is in his right mind to say that to someone who basically just entered their building last night. “What about you, are you not gonna eat, Chemi-ssi?”

 

                Right. I did tell him my name. I swear I’m not going to be drinking any time soon.

 

                To be honest, I’m not feeling hungry. I feel like the alcohol is still swimming in my stomach. Plus, I just can’t eat in front of him.

 

                “Look,” I started, taking out a deep breath. “I’m sorry about last night. I’m sorry for saying all the nonsense about my life and I’m sorry for basically, all the embarrassing things I did. I swear to all the people there I was not aware of what I was doing. AND I SWEAR TO ALL YOUR FANS I NEVER MET YOU, and the other exo members too for that matter. I will never speak to another living being about this. I really really really really swear. Just please, don’t talk to any staff or police about what I did last night and I’ll leave you in peace. Okay, not totally in peace because I have to take your pictures but please…I trust you, I think you’re a pretty good person. So…” I said, standing up. “I’ll be leaving now.”

 

I took my bag which I’ve seen a while ago was on top of the kitchen counter and headed for the door, but before I could even touch  the knob, I heard him say, “What about this camera?”

 

                I turned around and saw him holding my camera. My precious baby.

                Right, I left it with Chen. He must have taken it with him.

 

                Of course, I turned around to get it, but when I was about to touch it and take it away from him, he hid it behind his body. I face-palmed myself. What is this guy playing at now? Is he angry about my actions? I already said my sorry…

 

                “Where will you live?” he asked.

                “I’m sorry?” I asked, my face void of any expression.

                “Where will you live?” he repeated really slow like he’s speaking to a mentally-incapacitated person.

                “I think that’s none of your business,” I said, trying to control my voice so as not to sound too offending.

                “This is the concern of every Korean citizen,” he said and I felt my face got even blanker. “The streets don’t need any more dirtying.”

 

                What the super ultramega heck? I take back what I said earlier about him being a pretty good guy. In fact, if I could, I would vomit them all to his face.

 

                “Give me my camera,” I said in my calmest voice, holding out my hand.

                “No,” he answered back. “Sit first.”

                “I’m going. Now.” I said.

                “A fan should listen to his idol. Sit,” he said.

 

                This guy is spurting out nonsense.

               

                “And besides, what was it you said?” he said, as though thinking but of course he is faking it. “White skin, cute eyes, pink—“

                “LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!” I said out loud, covering my ears. When I was sure he was not making me embarrassed on purpose, I turned to him and practically yelled at his laughing face. Oh, Park Chanyeol, I think you’re having the time of your life too much. Let me just take my peeler and skin you alive. “I can’t believe you are holding grudges against me!”

                “Stay then,” he said. For the love of all the angels and demons combined can he just let me b—

                “I’m letting you use my unit.”

                “HUH? Are you trolling me?” I said, because that sounds absolutely absurd to me. “That’s not funny.”

                “I’m serious,” he said, and his face really shows that he is serious. “Now can you sit?”

 

                I hesitated. Really hesitated. But then he is already furrowing his eyebrows.

 

                “Don’t make me do it for you,” he threatened.

                I guess idols are really different off and on cam. He wouldn’t be like this if there’s a camera shoved in front of his face.

 

                Finally, I took my seat in the same place. As soon as I did, he started speaking.

 

                “Of course, it’s not for free,” he said. Figures. “But I’ll let you in without pay for the first month since you look like you’re going to starve to death and I don’t want to be responsible for that.” So this guy is only saving himself from the depths of his conscience. “I won’t be strict with the payment, you can pay whenever you feel like to. I don’t need the money anyway.”

                “As you see,” he continued. “I don’t really use this unit. I just bought it for future use. I’m still living in the dorm with the members, and if I have time, I sleep with my family so you don’t need to worry about me going here whenever I feel like to. I’ll only visit once in a while just to make sure you’re not destroying anything. I’ll give you my bank account number later.”

                “Just think of this as still renting, only that this is owned by a generous idol.”

                “How much?” I asked in a low voice.

                “Oh, so you’re considering,” he said, letting out a small smile. “Let’s see…200,000 won?”

                “Are you CRAZY?” I said, my eyes wide.

                “Too high?” he asked.

                “You’re lending me a WHOLE unit for 200, 000 won??? Do you have any idea how expensive even a bedspacer can get these days and you’re letting me stay here for 200, 000 won?!”

                Chanyeol looked like he doesn’t have any idea what I was talking about. “300, 000 won then?” But when I didn’t react, he just sighed. “Okay fine, pay me how much you want but I’m only asking for 200,000 won. I told you I don’t need the money. I don’t get why you’re fussing about this when other people would have already thanked me.”

                “That’s the point,” I said. This guy doesn’t really have any idea how hard life can get. Rich kid these days… “I’m not just any ‘other people’.”

                “I’ve noticed,” he said pointedly. He stood up then and went to the kitchen. He took out two glasses and started pouring water on them. He brought them back to the table, handed one to me as he drinks from his own. I didn’t take mine and just watched him. Is he always this random about things? After about a minute he started speaking again. “In any case, that’s my first condition. The second is obvious. You shouldn’t at all cost tell anybody that you’re staying at my place. And you can’t take anything I own outside without my permission. I’m going to remove the photo frames later.”

                “I don’t rattle on people,” I frowned at him.

                “Don’t act like you know me if we see each other outside,” he said then.

                “Don’t worry, I’m not proud that I talked to you. ‘Oh my god, Park Chanyeol is so hot. Oh my god he’s so amazing and handsome and funny. Can I get your autograph? Just sign in my ankle and I won’t ever ever take a bath! Kiss me please my chanyeollie oppa!!!’” And then I acted like I was gagging. “You won’t hear any of that out of my mouth,” I told him firmly.

                “You weren’t like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter