Chapter 11

Sasaeng Aniya!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Huh?” I said out loud in confusion. For the record, it’s the first time we met each other face to face.

               

Baekhyun stepped closer and really looked at me. I didn’t know what he saw, but he stepped backwards a little sooner than expected. Do I have something on my face? A cockroach perhaps?

 

                “Sorry, I thought you were…” he started.

 

                But he stepped even more backwards and looked at the number of the room.

 

                “This is Park Chanyeol’s, right?” he asked. He started to speak in a more formal tone. If it wasn’t for the fact that he looked like a completely lost puppy, I’d probably go ballistic on him.

 

                “Yes,” I said.

                “Are you a relative?” he asked. “I just brought food because he didn’t come home to the boarding house last night. Is he here?”

                “He just went,” I said. “And I’m not a relative.”

                “Then…” he said, trying to be as polite as possible. “Who are you?”

 

                I sighed. This is getting really hard and complicated.

 

                “Come inside,” I said. In this situation, it will be best to be just honest. “I’ll explain.”

 

                A bit surprisingly, Baekhyun did not give out further questions and just did what I ask. It seems like he knew the place well because he proceeded to the fridge and put the food there. I waited for him and we sat on the dining table.

 

                “Sorry about earlier,” he apologized. “I thought you were someone I know.”

                “Like who?” I asked. “Taeyeon?”

                Baekhyun turned red at my question and didn’t answer. “It’s okay. She’s not cheating on you with your best friend. Just not long ago, another person mistook me for her.”

                “So…” he said rather awkwardly.

                “I’m Song Chemi,” I introduced myself. “I’m renting this place.”

                “Oh…” he said. “Sorry, I didn’t know…Chanyeol didn’t tell me anything about this.”

                “It’s really not planned,” I explained. “Chanyeol was being kind so he offered me a place to live. I was being kicked out of my old apartment then.”

                “I see,” he said, then he smiled gently at me as my phone vibrated. “I was just so surprised earlier. Chanyeol doesn’t even let her sister in here. I thought he already has a girlfriend.”

               

                Me? Chanyeol? That sounds completely absurd.

 

                I fished my cellphone out of my pocket and said to Baekhyun, “Excuse me, I just have to read this.”

 

                I opened the message from an unknown number, which was probably Suho’s. It was. He asked me if I could meet him at 9 am, at the café behind SM Entertainment, the one exclusive for the artists. I sighed. Might as well do, to clear up everything. However, I’m not very keen on going anywhere near SM Entertainment since the incident. What if somebody recognizes me?

 

                “Baekhyun-ssi,” I called him.

                “Ne?” He looked at me again.

                “How can I possibly enter the danshi café? You know, the one behind SM Entertainment?” I asked him.                

                “It depends,” he said. “Do you have any business there?”

                ‘Yeah…err,” I muttered. “I’m meeting Suho-ssi, some business matters Chanyeol made on his own. I need to clarify things.”

                “Well, you just need a waiver, or you can wait for him outside,” Baekhyun said, and then Baekhyun looked at his watch. “I need to go to SM anyway, want to have a ride? My manager hyung is downstairs, he’s driving. I can accompany you to the café.”

                “Are you sure?” I said. “I know it’s hard for idols to get spotted with anyone.”

                “Don’t worry,” Baekhyun said. “No one’s going to see us. My manager is a pro at these things.”

                “Hmm, then if it’s not a bother,” I said. “Thank you for this favor.”

 

                Since I was already prepared to go out, Baekhyun and I stood up and just left the room. I texted Naeun that I will be late and will need to ask for her understanding once again. I also texted Suho that I can go at the time he indicated. I maintained my distance with Baekhyun, since we’re practically still strangers, and well…his presence is overwhelming. He’s still an idol. I get this feeling with Chanyeol sometimes, but I have spent many times now with him so it isn’t as awkward as this.

 

                Once we reached the lobby of the condominium, we found there a burly man who Baekhyun introduced to me as his manager. Baekhyun explained that I’m Chanyeol’s friend and that I’d go to SM for some matters. The manager looked really wary, but he didn’t say anything bad. I thanked him for agreeing to this set-up.

                Baekhyun sat in the front seat, as I sat behind him in the van. The ride was silent and I just put my earphones on to keep the awkwardness away. Baekhyun’s manager drove like a maniac. I guess, this is because idols have a lot of schedules and that they should be in different places all at once. The whole time, I had my hands gripping my pants, trying to balance myself so hard. Even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn’t.

 

                In no time, we were going around the SM building and stopping in front of the café. There was a guard with a log book standing before the door. Baekhyun hopped off the van and led me there.

 

                “About earlier,” I suddenly said. He faced me curiously. “You said you were surprised and that Chanyeol…-ssi doesn’t even let her sister there. I was just wondering why that is…”

                Baekhyun fixed me with his gaze as if he’s trying to analyze my words. I got flushed at this and said, “It’s okay if you don’t want to say. Plus, I should have asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter