Chapter 4

Sasaeng Aniya!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Oh yeah, you know what. Jongin that dancing machine? He really is kind. To the extent that he let Chen take me away when he promised to help me first.

 

                And now I can’t do anything but let Chen take me away into a room. It was small and there was only a single long table in the middle so that it made me feel like I’m going to be questioned for a crime eventhough I’m not in the police station yet. I have no idea if this set-up is much better. Still, I can’t stop thinking how this will be the end of me, the end of Eun Gi and the end of our stay in Seoul.

 

                How could I be so stupid? I should have realized that this would not work out according to my desires. I feel like mentally stabbing my heart with a sword.

 

                Kai was practically standing beside me as Chen closed the door behind. I took a peek at Kai and he was looking at me. He seemed sort of apologetic but out of it. I sighed. I know I shouldn’t blame him, he was only trying to help. But still…

 

                Chen pointed at the chair and so I sat down. There’s no use trying to escape this. I’m just caught. That’s the whole point. I would just be throwing oil to the fire if I attempt to act like I don’t know anything.

 

                Chen took the seat directly in front of me as Kai sat beside him. I kind of pity Kai now because he was dragged into all these. He doesn’t even know what’s going on, I bet. If he knew I was trying to get pictures of them for a living, I reckon he would not be so friendly towards me.

 

                “Camera,” Chen said, letting his palm rest in front of me, waiting for me to give away my precious baby.

 

                Of course, I hesitated. Why would I hand it to him? This thing is like the extension of my life. Just letting others touch it feels like letting others touch my soul. (Well of course I’m just exaggerating but still...) what if he deletes the pictures? What if he breaks it?

 

                I can’t even think of what I would become if so. I’d probably start WWIII with them.

 

                We stayed like that for some seconds, me hesitating and hesitating as I clutched the camera tightly.

 

                “You won’t give it?” Chen said. “I’ll call security.”

 

                That’s it. He ranks 1/12 in exo to me now. Yes, I judge people who even say something about my camera. Heck, I don’t even let Eun Gi touch this.

 

                Right now, however, he gives me no choice. So, despite all the bad things I have in my mind right now, I took the lace out over my head, and handed him the camera carefully.

 

                “Please…” I practically begged. “Don’t give it any scratch.”

 

                Chen looked at me like I was crazy and took the camera out of my hand rather roughly. He’s practically testing me. This troll…

 

                Chen opened my camera and as I watch him helplessly. Kai went closer to him, also taking a look. They were browsing everything. Now they know what I was doing if Chen still doesn’t know.

 

                After a while, he brought the camera down, rather gently this time, and looked at me. I just stared down at my hands on the table. I just have too many conflicting emotions in me but worry is domineering. What will happen now? The rent...I can practically hear the landlady shouting right now. What if she goes tonight to the room? Eun Gi will find out. I haven’t even contacted my sister yet. She’s probably worrying where I am…

 

                All this is giving me a headache…and a heartache.

 

                I was about to pull out my phone from inside the bag when Chen spoke once again.

 

                “It’s not like this is the first time I’ve encountered you. You were the girl back at the café, right?” he said as Kai just looked at me. I don’t know what lies behind those eyes but I think they are judging me now. “Can you remove the hood and the mask? You look like you’re going to kill us.”

 

                They were talking to me rather comfortably so maybe I should. I was wary of their actions. Should I reveal my face? If I do…then there’s really no going back now. They will recognize me in every event and every place for that matter. I doubt they will ever forget the me who just trespassed in their building. They could even get me policed anytime….or worse, banned from attending any of their shows…

 

                “Again, if you don’t…” Chen is really pushing this threatening stuff.

 

                I wasn’t really afraid of him, but I’m afraid of the consequences. Is this worth it?

 

                So despite my worries, I did what he said. Gosh, my problems are all piling up now.

                With my head hung low, I slowly removed the hood first, revealing my hair which I fixed right away. I then removed the mask, slowly, real slowly…and then quickly looked down so they can’t see me right away.

 

                “Look here,” Chen commanded.

               

                I heaved a deep breath and thought of my rent. Yes, even at this belated hour, all I can think of is the rent that is due TOMORROW. Please, let this night end…let everything be okay…

 

                I slowly looked up and locked eyes with Chen. This is the first time he is seeing me really because back then, which is like, just yesterday, I was also wearing the mask. Funny though, it seems to me like it’s a long time ago. Now he’s looking at the face who winked at him. When I finally revealed my face, both of them were kind of surprised. I don’t know why but I felt somewhat conscious like I have dirt on my face.

 

                “What?” I said. Talk about speaking comfortably.

                “Are you a train

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter