Chapter 1

Sasaeng Aniya!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Song, Eun Gi!” I called out as I flipped the egg on the plate. “Yaaaa!!! IREONA!”              

                Just as I’ve finished shouting at the top of my lungs, the door to my right slid open and out came my sister who’s still in her first year junior high, scratching her head and making her hair even messier. Her eyes were barely opened and her eyebrows were all furrowed like she’d woken up to a bad start.

                “Tsss eonni, you are so loud,” she said and yawned. She then plopped down on the chair in front of the only plate that I’ve put there yet. I took out the bread from one of the kitchen compartments and brought it down along with the sunny-side up eggs. Finally taking out the milk from the refrigerator, I placed it down in front of her, and got another plate for myself.

                “If I’m not around,” I told her, biting my bread and looking at her like she’s being too immature living her life like that, “you’d be late to school EVERY single DAY.”

                “Komawo yo, eonni,” she said groggily, biting her own piece of food. “That’s what you want to hear right?”

                “Yaaa,” I reprimanded. “I’m being serious. Stop spazzing. You’re always lacking sleep. I’m not paying for your school just for you to sleep there.”

                “Arasseo, arasseo,” she said, dismissing me as always. “I’ll try.”

                “Don’t try,” she said. “Do it.”

                “Easy for you to say,” she said and then pouted. “You see them every day." Then, like an afterthought, she looked at me with excitement in her eyes. “Ne, ne, Chemi-eonni! I’ll do the dishes. I’ll even clean the apartment! Can I skip school today?”

                “Why?” I looked at her suspiciously,  still eating my own food.

                “Let me come with you to the concert tonight! Please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!” She practically begged me and I almost got swayed because of her cute eyes that I’ve never been able to have. Geez, my sister is so silly. Anything for EXO, that’s what’s definitely running in her head. “I know you can easily snuck me in! You can just ask for the company to give you another ticket!”

                I took one last bite of my food and gulped one last glass of milk. I took the plate in my hands and took hers though I know that she hasn't even eaten half of her food yet. I threw the remaining pieces on the trash. “Nice try, Eun Gi. Now, go study!”

                “You’re so unfair, eonni!” she said. “Can’t you just go to school while I do your work?”

                “And see you break the camera?” I said. “Now go to bath and if I still see you here within three minutes, I swear you’re going to lose all your posters.”

               

                That must have worked because she practically ran to the bathroom without getting anything. I sighed exasperatedly. You know, I love my sister, but she’s always acting like a child and I didn’t like how she’d easily throw her schooling just like that. If I’d be given the chance I would like to have a degree in college, but since I’m supporting my sister right now, and my parents, I can’t do that. I can’t be selfish. I have to feed all of us.

                We were not poor from the very beginning. Well, we’re struggling now but I wouldn’t say it poor. We are still luckier than any other people. Right now, my sister and I are the only ones living in Seoul. My parents are back in our province and they are in no position to be here. The thing is, my mom is sick, really sick, and my dad needs to stay with her all the time. He had to quit his job that took a lot of his time, and get those simple jobs which pay low but at least, give you loads of time. However, with the medical expenses, that is obviously not going to keep us all alive. So I decided to stop school and just help. My sister, who was crying then, wanted to stop too, but I said no. She doesn’t need to ruin her life. I will support her. I will be her pillar. So, we moved to Seoul because it would be a lot easier to get a job here than in my province. The schools here are also known for greatness and academic excellence. I enrolled her with my savings and then started looking for a job. I first tried to become a waitress, but it didn’t work for me well. Jobs are even rarer when you don’t have a degree. I struggled and struggled until I almost gave up. But then, this KPOP got into me and I started doing business with it. Pictures. Yes. Pictures of idols for sasaengs and crazy fans, for companies who want to gain from these idols, I’m the one providing them with it and I get paid constantly because of it. Though the pay is not really high all the time, depending on the customers and the number of shows the group I’m stalking have, at least, I can buy food for us and pay for this apartment.

                Right, pay for the apartment though I’m kind of in a pinch right now.

                “By the way, eonni, the landlady came here yesterday,” my sister said as soon as she got out of the bathroom. “She said we’re still not paying for this month and that to remind you how strict she is with that. It’s all in the contract she says.”

                Yes, the contract says that after the deadline of the payment and the residents failed to give the money, they are only given a week to stay. If after that there’s still no payment, then the place will kick us out. I know the rules here are like that but my sister doesn’t. Plus, I’ve always been able to comply but recently I’ve been only getting much fewer orders. There’d been an issue in the entertainment industry that forced the music shows to stop airing for a week and that means no wage for me. It’s been only a day after the deadline, which means that I still have four days to find money.

                I would have to. I will work my hard for this rather than letting my sister know of the situation we’re in.

                “is there a problem, eonni?” Eun Gi asked worriedly. “I—“

                “No, nothing,” I said and forced a smile. “I just forgot, is all. I will pay the bill later.”

                “Really?” she said, sounding a bit relieved. No need to tell me, I am such a good actress.

                “Yes,” I said and then grabbed my bag. “I have to go. I’m going to the airport for EXO-M. They’ll be arriving today from Shanghai.”

                “Goodluck, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter