Day 1

Nine Days

 

“Wah!” Yoona stretched out her arms, “What a beautiful day.”

 

She rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. Today was her younger sister’s wedding. And the bridesmaid was none other than her.

 

She quickly went into the shower and wore her clothes.

 

“Woof, woof,” her trusted dog barked.

“Yes,” Yoona scolded the dog, “I know I’m late!”

 

After slipping into her dress she quickly splashed some make up on her face and went out.

 

“Woof woof,” the dog cried again.

“Ah!” Yoona turned around, “I forgot the present!”

 

She ran back into the house and looked for the present. After she found it she dashed out the door and headed straight to the wedding.

 

 

“Unni!” her younger sister squealed, “You’re late!”

“Sorry honey,” Yoona planted a kiss on Krystal, “I had some problems.”

“I’m so nervous,” Krystal held her sister’s hand closely, “Unni!”

“Yeah I’m sure you are but you’ve got to remember that after this you’re going to be Mrs Choi,” Yoona smiled as she wiped her sister’s tears.

“I haven’t seen Minho oppa all day,” Krystal moaned.

“Of course you’re not allowed to see him yet,” their mother, Mrs Im, smiled, “You just have to wait a bit more. Gosh kids these days. They can’t be apart even for a second.”

“That’s called true love mum,” Yoona glared at her mother.

“Well my true loved turned the opposite,” Mrs Im said referring to their father.

“Omma!” Krystal pulled her mother’s hand, “You don’t even have to see appa. I really wanted him to be here. He’s my appa.”

“You’re right,” their mother smiled, “I can’t believe my baby girl is getting married.”

“I can’t believe it either,” Shin Hye smiled as she entered the room.

“Unni,” Krystal got up to hug her other sister.

“Yah you’re late!” Yoona said to her.

“Just get you make up fixed,” Shin Hye smirked when she saw her sister, “Quickly!”

“Cheeky,” Yoona said as she sat down.

“Where’s that husband of yours?” their mother asked.

“He’s gone to see Minho,” Shin Hye said whilst helping Yoona with her makeup.

“This is so exciting,” Yoona squealed.

“It would be exciting if it was your wedding,” her elder sister looked at her, “You can’t keep mum waiting like this.”

“Shin Hye,” Yoona pulled her sister out the room, “I thought you knew I didn’t like talking about this.”

“Until when?” Shin Hye looked at her lonely sister, “Until when are you going to ‘fly solo’?”

“I just haven’t got time for all that,” Yoona sighed, “I’m busy.”

“Yes being a lawyer but when are you going to bring justice to yourself,” Shin Hye said.

“I like the way I am,” Yoona kept in her tears, “I’m not changing my status anytime soon. I’ll be single my whole life if I want to.”

“Fine,” Shin Hye let go of her sister’s hand, “But our mum’s only wish is to send all her daughters off before she goes.”

“Don’t talk about it,” Yoona yelled.

“What’s all this commotion?” Krystal came out.

“Nothing,” both of them said and did not look at each other.

“I know what this is about,” Krystal sighed.

“She started it!” Yoona pointed at Shin Hye.

“I was just saying!” Shin Hye sighed.

“Stop it both of you!” Krystal lowered her voice, “This is my wedding day and I want both of my sister’s here but if you’re going to act like this I should’ve just asked Tom and flipping Jerry to become my bridesmaid!”

“Krys baby,” their mum came out, “Why are you crying?”

“She’s emotional,” Shin Hye said quickly.

“It’s no time to cry,” Yoona comforted her sister, “You’re getting married. Come inside.”

“No,” Krystal looked at them, “Both of you stay out of this room. I want some time alone.”

_________________________________________________

 

“If I sing will you give me the ramen for free?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes,” cried out the girl at the counter.

“Um…let me see,” Jaejoong cleared his throat, “Doue kimi wo suki ni natte shimattandarou, Donna ni toki ga nagarete mo kimi wo zutto, Koko ni iru to omotetta noni, Demo kimi ga eranda no wa chigau michi.”

“Wow, that amazing!” the girl squealed, “Can I have your signature as well?”

“Yes,” Jaejoong sighed, “But can I have a banana milk if I give my signature to you?”

“Yes,” nodded the girl vigorously.

“Excuse me,” someone appeared beside him, “Do you sell banana milk?”
“Yes,” the girl at the counter nodded, “At the back.”

“Thank you,” the lady nodded and went to the back.

“Here,” Jaejoong handed the signature over.

“The banana milk is at the back,” the cashier smiled, “Thank you so much. I love you Hero Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong went over to the back. He spotted the banana milk. But as he reached out for the last banana milk, another hand popped out and grabbed it.

 

“Mine,” the lady smiled.

“Hey that was mine!” Jaejoong yelled out.

“First come first serve,” tha lady sniggered as she went over to the counter.

“Excuse me but I was here first,” Jaejoong grabbed her hand.

“Excuse me, get your hands off me!” the lady stared at him.

“Then gently give me the banana milk,” Jaejoong bit his lip.

 

“Yah look that’s Hero Jaejoong,” a girl pointed.

“Can we ask for a signature,” another girl giggled.

“What is he doing?” Jaejoong heard another asked.

“Is that his girlfriend?” another girl whispered.

“Are they fighting?” a girl asked.

 

“Have it!” Jaejoong let her hands free.

“Thank you,” the lady rubbed her hands as she ran over to the counter.

“I’ll just buy something else,” Jaejoong smiled as his fans were watching.

“Whatever,” she said and went out.

 

As she stepped out the shop, the bunch of fans from earlier stopped her.

 

“YAH!” she yelled out, “Get out of my way.”

“What is your relation to oppa?” one of the fans asked.

“Oppa?” she looked confused.

“Don’t play dumb,” another fan girl grabbed her hand.

“We saw you two holding hands,” another one went up to her.

“I have no idea what you are talking about,” she back away, “Please just get out of my way.”

 

“Yah!” Jaejoong called out as soon as he saw what was happening.

“Oppa,” the girls squealed.

“Leave her alone,” Jaejoong grabbed her hands.

“Omo, she is his girlfriend,” one the fans said upsettingly.

“Yeah she is. So keep out of her way!” Jaejoong said and turned around whilst still holding onto her hands.

 

Jaejoong suddenly looked at the girl. He smiled. He wanted to gain her sympathy and maybe she’ll give her some money. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

 

“You can let go now,” she pulled her hands as they reached the corner.

“Oh,” he said feeling embarrassed, “Sorry.”

“It’s ok,” she said and started to walk off.

“We got off on the wrong foot,” Jaejoong stepped infront of her, “So shall we do proper introductions?”

“Why?” she raised her eyebrow.

“Hi, my name is Kim Jaejoong or you’ll probably know me as Hero Jaejoong,” he beamed.

“Who?” the lady asked.

“Ah you’re surprised I’m this good looking right? In pictures they usually use Photoshop so I kinda look plastic,” Jaejoong laughed.

“I’m sorry but I have no idea who you are,” the lady looked at him weirdly.

“What?” Jaejoong looked at her unbelievingly.

“I’m busy so goodbye,” the lady started walking away.

“Do you live under a rock or some cave or what?” Jaejoong laughed.

“I live there,” she pointed to a house on top of a hill.

 

A white house shone on top of the hill where the young lady pointed. It was the home to the richest family in Korea, the Im family.

 

“You’re the Im family?” Jaejoong asked as his face shone.

“The next heir actually,” she said with a sinister smile.

“Which sister are you?” Jaejoong smiled, “You must be the oldest right? Shin Hye!”

“Um… I’m the other one,” she said.

“Yoona?” Jaejoong guessed again.

“Yeah, yeah her,” she smiled.

“But isn’t the youngest Im daughter getting married today?” he asked.

“Umm…yeah, I’m just on my way back,” she smiled nervously.

“Well you better get on your way then,” Jaejoong smiled feeling embarrassed.

“Yes, I will,” she smiled and went.

 

She didn’t lie about going to the party. But truthfully she wasn’t part of the family. She wasn’t even Im Yoona. She was Kwon Yuri, the daughter of the maid of the Im family. But everyone knew she had an uncanny resemblance to the middle Im daughter. Sometimes Yuri would fill in for Yoona’s positions for public appearances due to Yoona being busy. In other words she was too much alike Yoona.

 

“I’m back,” Yuri called out.

“Quickly change,” her mum gave her some clothes.

“What’s this all about?” Yuri asked as she saw the beautiful pink dress that was given by her mum.

“You’re replacing Miss Yoona,” her mum pulled her to the toilet, “Madam Im wants you in the bride’s room now.”

“Omma,” Yuri pouted, “It’s her sister’s wedding. Is she too busy to even come?”

“Don’t ask questions,” her mum smiled, “Just go.”

“I will,” Yuri sighed as she closed the door.

___________________________________

 

“Ah, I only have $5 in my wallet,” Jaejoong sighed, “I should’ve just gone for the heir. But gaining the sympathy from the Im family is really embarrassing.”

 

“Buy the Daily Zon for the latest news and gossips,” a voice yelled out.

“Daily Zon?” Jaejoong whispered to himself.

“Buy the Daily Zon here,” the voice called out once more.

“Good idea,” Jaejoong snapped his fingers.

 

He waved his hands fanatically as he called out for a cab. A cab stopped and brought him to the destination.

 

“Thank you,” he smiled.

“Cough up,” the cab driver grunted.

“Um, can you wait for a second?” Jaejoong smiled, “I forgot my wallet. I’ll just go and get it and pay you.”

“Hurry up will ya,” he replied angrily.

 

Jaejoong quickly ran over to the familiar looking apartment.

 

“Jessica-yah!” he called out, “It’s me Jaejoong.”

 

Jessica rubbed her eyes and yawned.

 

“Please help me,” Jaejoong politely asked, “I have no money to pay for the cab. I’ll pay you back later.”

Jessica reluctantly took out her purse and handed him some money, “Here.”

“Thank you,” Jaejoong smiled and paid the cab driver.

“What are you doing here in the early hours anyway?” Jessica asked.

“Can I come in?” he asked, “its cold.”

“Come in,” Jessica opened the door wider.

“Thank you,” Jaejoong went in.

“Well?” Jessica went in after him.

“I was…” Jaejoong stuttered, “…in the neighbourhood so I was thinking of visiting you.”

“You did?” Jessica smiled, “I bought you some orange juice.”

“You did?” Jaejoong stared at her unbelievingly.

“Yeah,” Jessica took it and showed it to him, “Have some.”

“Thank you,” Jaejoong said as he gulped down the drink.

“Another?” Jessica looked at him.

“Yes please,” he smiled as she poured another.

“Are you ok?” Jessica asked.

“Just hungry,” he smiled.

“Well…” Jessica bit her lip, “I don’t have any food in the fridge.”

“No food?” Jaejoong fell back on the couch, “What am I going to eat?”

“What do you mean what are you going to eat?” Jessica asked.

“Well when a guest comes you’re meant to treat them with food,” he sighed, “This was a bad idea.”

“Well I’ve got to get ready for work,” Jessica stood up, “I’ve got a wedding to attend. Boss says it’s the biggest wedding of the year so I’ll have to write another article.”

“Did you say the biggest wedding?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened.

“Yeah, the Im family,” Jessica nodded.

“You know what?” Jaejoong smiled sinisterly, “I was just about to go there too.”

“You were?” Jessica raised her eyebrow.

“I’m good friends with them,” Jaejoong nodded.

“You are?” Jessica laughed.

“Let’s go together.”

 

________________________

 

Thanks for all the subscription. Advice would be appreciated.

and Changmin has no significant role. He just made the bet.