Love is in the air

Nine Days

 

She pushed her way into the crowd getting pushed by everyone she passed by.

 

“Mianhae,” she pushed through, “Excuse me.”

“Yes yes please make way,” Yonghwa smiled cheerfully.

 

“Omo, Yonghwa oppa,” someone yelled out.

“Does she live here too?” another asked.

 

Seohyun finally reached a familiar old wooden door. She gave a small knock.

 

“Is he this popular?” she thought to herself as she looked back.

“Is this her house?” Yonghwa looked in horror as he saw the small living room.

 

“Ahhhhhh!” Seohyun squealed as she saw a pair of hairy legs upside down sitting on the sofa.

“Who is it?” Jaejoong stood up suddenly startled.

“You?” Seohyun huffed, “Where is Sica?”

“Who is this?” Yonghwa said suddenly alarmed, “I thought you didn’t have a boyfriend!”

“Ah,” Jaejoong widened his eyes once he saw the man who stood before him, “Im Yonghwa!”

“Seohyun-ah!” Sica said coming out the toilet, “Mianhae.”

“Yah Sica!” Seohyun pointed to Jaejoong, “Why is this psycho still here? I thought we left him at the wedding yesterday!”

“Left me?” Jaejoong was baffled, “Do I look like someone who gets left? I leave people, excuse me!”

“It’s a long story,” Jessica sighed, “But what is he doing here?”

“Ah,” Seohyun scratched her head, “It’s a long story.”
“Well we’ll just catch up with each other while you two talk,” Jessica pulled Seohyun into the room, “You know each other right?”

“Yeah,” Jaejoong nervously smiled.

“Who are you?” Yonghwa asked as both of them were already in the room.

“Please do me a favour and just pretend we’ve known each other for a long time,” Jaejoong begged.

“Okay,” Yonghwa raised his eyebrow, “But why? Ah you lied to your girlfriend?”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Jaejoong said abruptly, “Why the hell would she be my girlfriend?”

 

Jaejoong covered his mouth after he had realized what he just said.

 

“She’s not your girlfriend?” Yonghwa asked.

“She is,” Jaejoong stuttered.

“But you just said…” Yonghwa said feeling confused.

“I thought you meant girlfriend as in girl who is a friend not girl who is a girlfriend,” Jaejoong nervously explained.

“Ok,” Yonghwa nodded.

“Ok,” Jaejoong smiled back.

 

Then both of them sat awkwardly just like that in the living room. Yonghwa looked around. The house was fairly clean. It was just empty. The living room and dining room and kitchen were all one room. There was one toilet and 2 bedrooms. The living room had a small television set and a sofa set. There were some boxes marked with brand such as Elle, Dior, Chanel, Yes and so on. It was a pretty dull room to be in even if you weren’t sitting in a room with a stranger.

 

The door flew open. Jaejoong immediately sat up straight and started to laugh whilst hitting Yonghwa lightly.

 

“Hyung!” Jaejoong laughed, “That’s so funny.”

Yonghwa who noticed his signal also responded by saying, “Ah it’s been a long time since we’ve hung out.”

“Yah!” Jessica called out.

“Neh,” Yonghwa and Jaejoong replied in unison.

“Jaejoong get out!” Jessica pulled his arm, “I don’t care if you love me or what not, you’re not my type!”

“What?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened, “I am everyone’s type!”

“Not mine!” Jessica pulled his hand.

“Yah yah yah!” Jaejoong protested.

“What now?” Jessica hit him on the shoulders.

“Yonghwa says he wants to stay here tonight!” Jaejoong pointed to a dazed Yonghwa, “So I can’t leave you two girls together with a stranger.”

“Who said we’re strangers?” Yonghwa retaliated, “She’s my girlfriend.”

“Seohyun?” Jaejoong asked, “Girlfriend as in girl who is a friend or girlfriend as in girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend as in girlfriend,” Yonghwa sighed.

“Well I am her girlfriend so I have a right to stay or not!” Jaejoong stood up straight.

“I’m not your girlfriend!” Jessica squealed.

“I didn’t say I was going to stay,” Yonghwa shook his head.

“Yes you did!” Jaejoong said it louder.

“No I’m not!” Yonghwa shook it furiously.

“YES YOU ARE!” Jaejoong said it in a threatening tone.

“Why do you need to stay here?” Seohyun asked.

“Um,” Yonghwa searched for an explanation, “Because we need to convince people we are really going out.”

“I guess that makes sense,” Seohyun nodded.

“But you don’t need to be here!” Jessica pulled Jaejoong’s hand once more.

“You’re my girlfriend,” Jaejoong announced and pushed her back to the wall, “Whether you like it or not!”
“Hmph,” Jessica moaned as she tried to free her wrists.

“Right honey?” Jaejoong smirked.

 

_____________________________________________________

His fingers fiddled with his pen as he stared out the window.

 

“Such a nice day to daydream Mr Choi Siwon,” a voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Yoona,” Siwon stood up as soon as he saw who had walked through the door.

 

She stood by the door wearing a short blue dress with a grey cardigan on top. Her eyes seemed to shine as her body walked its way towards the desk.

 

“It’s a beautiful day isn’t it Mr Choi,” Yoona smiled.

“It is,” Siwon smiled, “What brings you here on this beautiful day?”

“Mianhae for being so rude as to interrupt your busy day,” Yoona apologized.

“As you can see I am free right now,” Siwon replied as he gestured her to sit.

“Neh,” Yoona gave a small giggle, “So I shall get right to my purpose. I need to ask you something.”

“Neh,” Siwon sat down eagerly wanting to know what she was about to say.

“Do you know anyone by the name of Park Yoochun?” Yoona asked.

“Yoochun hyung?” Siwon asked, “Yes of course I do. He’s my personal assistant.”

“He came with you to the wedding yesterday right?” Yoona’s eyes shone as she smiled brightly.

“Neh,” he nodded, “But may I ask you why you are looking for him? Has he done something wrong?”

“No it’s nothing of that sort,” Yoona laughed, “I just wanted to see him.”

“If he has done anything wrong please tell me beforehand,” Siwon answered curiously, “If it’s something that he has done wrong I have to apologize now.”

“So gentleman of you but no he did not do anything wrong so please don’t apologize,” Yoona feeling alarmed, “I just need to see him for a personal business.”

“Mwoh?” Siwon asked, “Personal business?”

“Yeah,” Yoona smiled ever so sweetly, “Can you tell me where he is?”

“Neh,” Siwon nodded as he picked up the phone and dialled a few numbers.

 

A few minutes passed and there stood the exact same man she saw yesterday.

 

“Anyoheseyo,” Yoochun bowed respectfully as he entered.

“Yoochun-sshi,” Yoona bowed back.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” Yoochun asked.

“Come with me,” Yoona pulled his hand and waved farewell to a heartbroken Siwon, “Kamsamida!”

_________________________________________________

 

She looked through the list once more and nodded as she read each one aloud.

 

“Eggs,” she said and rushed over to where to eggs were.

“One more to go,” she smiled as she nearly finished her task, “Orange juice.”

 

She quickly headed over to the juice section but then stopped when she saw someone. She took a few steps back and peered beside the corner. It was Jaejoong with that reporter.

 

“Aish,” she sighed to herself as she turned around, “He already has a girlfriend.”

“Who has?” a cold minty smell asked.

“Oppa,” she bit her lip as she saw Jaejoong with Jessica holding orange juice.

“Oh!” Jessica smiled, “Anyoheyseyo.”

“Anyoheyseyo,” Yuri bowed.

“Yoona-sshi,” Jaejoong asked, “Don’t you have maids to do your shopping for you?”

“Yah you’re so rude,” Jessica hit him hard on the chest, “She’s a full grown woman and does not need someone to do her shopping for her right Miss Yoona?”

“Just call me Yoona,” Yuri smiled timidly, “Yes, I do prefer to do my own shopping.”

“See I told you,” Jessica stuck out her tongue, “Unlike some people.”

“Ah you’re really crossing the line,” Jaejoong huffed, “You’re just like Changmin.”

“Changmin oppa?” Jessica said as a smiled drew on her face.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked, “Have you met him? What your relation to him. Yah I’m your boyfriend. Tell me!”

“Excuse me,” Yuri butted in, “I’ve got to get going.”

“Neh,” Jessica bowed, “Nice to meet you Yoona.”

“See you later,” Jaejoong waved.

“Neh,” Yoona hurriedly went over to the orange juice.

“Now tell me what your relation to Changmin is?” Jaejoong pulled her hand.

“Omo!” Jessica giggled, “Jaejoong is jealous.”

“Of course I am!” Jaejoong sulked.

“He’s much better singer than you!” Jessica stuck out her tongue.

“How can that be?” Jaejoong followed her, “I have better album sales.”

“He’s not stuck up like you are!” Jessica laughed.

“I am not stuck up,” Jaejoong whined, “Am I?”