The Day Ends

Nine Days

 

“Yoona-sshi,” Siwon caught her hands once more.

“Oh oppa,” she bowed.

“I was trying to talk to you all day,” he smiled.

“Mianhae,” she smiled innocently, “The day has been very hetic.”

“I can see,” Siwon smiled, “Why don’t we have a drink?”

“Yes please,” Yuri smiled as she grabbed a drink from one of the waiter’s tray and headed over to the balcony.

“Wow, your younger sister is already married,” Siwon smiled, “You must be really sad since she the youngest.”
“Funnily enough I don’t feel anything,” Yuri giggled but stopped once she realizes what she said.

Upon seeing this Siwon laughed and said, “I guess you weren’t close to you sister.”

“It’s not that,” Yuri smiled nervously, “It’s because I knew the day was going to come.”

“By the way I forgot to tell you that you look stunning today,” Siwon smiled.

“Thank you,” Yuri smiled back, “The dress is far too short. I’d rather wear a tee and jeans.”

“Well I think you’d look lovely in anything you wear,” Siwon nodded.

“Thank you,” Yuri smiled and joked, “I really don’t know where I got my good looks from.”

 

Suddenly from the side a pair of hands approached her.

 

“Yoona-ah!” a husky voice called out.

“You,” Yuri pointed to him.

“Yup, banana milk,” he smiled.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I…” Jaejoong stuttered but was interrupted.

“Ahem,” Siwon said from the side, “Who’s your lovely friend here?”

“Oh, this is Hero Jaejoong,” she introduced him, “I just met him today.”

“Nice to meet you,” Siwon shook his hand, “Congratulations on your new album.”

“Nice to meet you too,” Jaejoong replied, “My album was awesome wasn’t it.”

“Um…yeah,” Siwon replied awkwardly.

 

_________________________________

 

“Sica,” Seohyun tapped on her shoulders, “I need the toilet.”

“It’s just there,” Jessica pointed out, “I need to get more shots. You’ll be fine alone right?”

“Neh,” Seohyun nodded.

 

Seohyun took a left turn and saw a door. She gently turned the knob.

 

“Mianhae,” Seohyun cheeks burned red as she saw a man, “I got the wrong room.”

“Well hello,” Yonghwa smiled cheekily, “Does this little angel have a name?”

“My name is Seo Joohyun. I’m from the Daily Zon doing a cover of your sister’s wedding,” she politely answered, “It’s a pleasure meeting you.”

“I’m Yonghwa,” he said and took her hand and kissed it, “Pleasure is all mine.”

“Can you tell me where the toilet is,” Seohyun asked.

“I could but I’m a man who believes in rewards for all things good,” he smirked.

“What may be the reward be if you told me where the toilet was?” Seohyun smiled.

He gestured on his cheeks and said, “Bobo.”

“Ugh,” Seohyun turned around and slammed the door, “Such a jerk.”

 

Behind the slammed doors Yonghwa started to laugh. He found the poor lost girl quite amusing.

 

“Seohyun from the Daily Zon eh?” Yonghwa said to himself.

____________________________________

 

“Sica-ah,” Seohyun ran over to Jessica, “Have you got all the shots you need?”

“Yeah,” Jessica nodded.

“Let’s go,” Seohyun pulled her hands.

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asked as soon as she saw Seohyun’s flushed pink cheeks, “Your cheeks are burning pink.”

“It’s just a little hot out here,” Seohyun fanned herself.

“It is,” Jessica nodded as she looked at the sun.

“Let’s go,” Seohyun smiled.

“Wait, my friend,” Jessica stopped.

“Sica, he has friends here. He’ll live,” Seohyun nodded.

“I guess,” Jessica smiled as they headed for the entrance.

 

“Wait!” a voice behind them yelled but the surrounding was too loud for them to hear, “What about me?”

“Where are you going?” Yuri asked Jaejoong.

“Ah, that was my friends. They just left,” he smiled.

“Why don’t you stay a bit longer,” Yuri smiled, “They’re about to cut the wedding cake.”

“Cake?” Jaejoong eyes shone as he heard the word.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Yuri pulled his hands.

 

For the side Siwon watched both of them hand in hand walking over to where the cakes were.

“He’s a right jerk,” he said to himself.

“Who?” a voice beside him suddenly replied.

“Ah!” Siwon took a step back in surprise.

“Anyo,” Yonghwa smiled as he took Siwon’s drink and drank it, “I’m Yonghwa.”

“I’m Choi Siwon,” Siwon shook his hand.

“Ah, the famous Master Choi,” Yonghwa smiled, “Nice of you to drop by.”

“Well I wouldn’t miss this wedding for anything,” Siwon threw a dashing smile.

“Ah, quite the sweet talker,” Yonghwa smirked, “I don’t think my sister will fall for you though.”

“Excuse me,” Siwon looked at him.

“But I see why our parents paired you up with Yoona,” he smiled.

“I’m a bit confused here,” Siwon nervously said.

“Don’t worry I won’t say anything to Yoona,” Yonghwa winked.

“Thank you,” Siwon sighed in relief.

“But if I were you I wouldn’t hit on Yoona today,” Yonghwa nodded.

“Why?” Siwon asked in confusion.

“Because she isn’t herself today,” Yonghwa smiled before giving back the drink to Siwon and walking off.

“What does that mean?” Siwon sighed.

_______________________________________

 

The sunset was could already be seen. Yoona took a tissue from the table and wiped her face. She then sat down on the green grass and took a moment to take in all the beauty nature had gifted them. The red-ish orange glow eventually died down and all that was left was darkness.

 

“Scary innit?” Yonghwa said and sat beside her.

“What is?” Yoona looked at her brother.

“How time passes by,” Yonghwa smiled, “One minute you’re looking at the most breath taking moment and the next thing you know it’s gone.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Yoona nodded.

“You know, you should try to get a boyfriend at least,” Yonghwa rested his head on her shoulders, “Mum is waiting you know.”

“You don’t need a girlfriend, you need to get married,” Yoona scoffed.

“I already have a girlfriend,” Yonghwa smirked.

“Mwoh?” Yoona looked at his eyes widened as if it were about to fall, “Jongmalyeo?”

“Neh,” he smiled.

“Tell me about her then,” Yoona giggled, “Who’s the lucky girl?”

 “She’s got this pretty light brown eyes and long black hair. She’s quite tall and has this cute innocent face whenever she talks,” Yonghwa smiled to himself, “Most of all she is honest.”

“Wow, you really are in love,” Yoona nudged him.

“She came today you know?” Yonghwa smiled, “Too bad you were too busy being drunk.”

“Mwoh?” Yoona eyes became wider, “Have you introduced her to mum and dad?”

“Not yet,” Yonghwa smirked, “I’ll introduce her the day after tomorrow.”

“Can’t wait,” Yoona smiled.

“On one condition,” Yonghwa looked at her, “You must bring someone as well.”

“What?” Yoona pouted, “Why do I have to be dragged into this?”

“Because you’re an Im and an Im is always filial to their parents,” Yonghwa straightened his face, “Today everyone was asking mum when we were getting married.”

“I guess it is a bit embarrassing when your younger sister gets married before you do,” Yoona nodded.

“Deal?” Yonghwa took out his pinky.

“Deal,” Yoona giggled.

“Have you found a candidate to bring then?” Yonghwa asked.

“I think I might have just found one,” Yoona smiled.

 

________________________________________________

He pulled the cardboard closer to hide his face. If anyone knew he was sleeping on the streets he would be so dead. His career would just flush down the toilet in a matter of minutes. He huddled himself closer as he braced through the night.

 

The winds started to blow harder. Jaejoong hugged himself tightly. It was getting too cold. At last he couldn’t stand it anymore. He stood up and fanatically called for a cab.

 

There was none.

 

He fell back to the cardboards he was laying in earlier and rubbed his hands together.

 

“Just 8 more days,” he whispered to himself.

 

His teeth chattered as he braced through the cold windy night. He zipped his jacket up to the top and stood up.

 

“Jessica Jung, how dare you leave me,” he bit his lips as he started walking.

 

A few hours later he arrived at the same wooden door he had this morning. He gently knocked it in fear that she might be asleep.

 

“Who is it?” Jessica peeped through the eye hole.

“It’s Jaejoong,” he replied with the sound of his chattering teeth.

“You again?” Jessica sighed as the door flew open.

“Mianhae,” he bit his now pale lips.

“What happened?” a worried look drew on her face, “You look pale. Come in.”

Before she could utter the last 2 words he leaned forward and fell right in front of her.

 

“Yah Jaejoong!” she called out.

 

She felt his head. His whole body was heating up even though it was blooming cold. She dragged his body with all her might and laid him on her bed. She quickly took off his jacket and shirt and replaced them with a huge woolly shirt from the Ella pile. She wrapped him in tons of duvet and took a wet towel and wiped his forehead.

 

“Sica-ah,” he suddenly said with a crotchety voice.

“What?” Jessica leaned forward.

“Thank you,” he forced a smile as he slowly closed his eyes.

 

Jessica sat beside him smiling. She leaned her head on his chest facing his face as she sat on the floor.

 

“You know, you aren’t bad when you’re like this,” Jessica looked at his face, “Goodnight Hallyu star.”