Kim Jongdae is back

Different Pair that Fits

Chen fixes his glasses then pulls the end of his sleeve as he continues to push the cart where his luggage was placed. He felt different because he’s no longer wearing a plain v-neck shirt, baggy yet good fit pants, and sneakers. Instead, he is now again—wearing his geeky glasses(as a prop), polo topped with a winter coat, black pants... but to be not too much of a stranger to himself, he kept his sneakers because it makes him a little comfortable.

Once Chen steps out of the sliding door, he sees a man holding up a sign with his name written on it. With this sign board, Chen knows that he’s now going back to his old life (well it’s not like he didn’t processed that when Xiumin was helping him pack or when he got into the plane to Korea). He is no longer Chen the barista of Yinhe Cafe in Beijing. Once again, he is Kim Jongdae who dresses up nice like some rich college boy from Seoul.

 

 

Chen gives the man a bow and nods when he was asked if he is Kim Jongdae. The man starts to load Chen’s things in the car and opened the door for him.

“Ahh. You don’t have to do that” he smiles at the man and enters the car.

 

 

When the man got into the driver’s seat, Chen calls his attention and says “Ah—ahjussi?”

The driver looks at Chen “You can address me as driver Song Cheolsu-nim or driver Song,”

Chen smiles “I just got back from Korea and I don’t feel comfortable with too formal honorific. Can’t I just call you Song-ahjussi”

Song-ahjussi nods as he smiles “Is there any place you would like to stop over before I take you home.”

“Neh.”

 

“Ahjumma, kamsahamnida”

“You’re welcome! Next time, just eat here so that you could meet up and chat with my daughter Minji”

Chaerin nods and gives the woman a shy smile as she makes her way out of the store.

 

 

Chaerin looks at the plastic bag that has two bowls of jjajangmyun and a foil of fried chicken. She smiles as she whiffs on the smell of the delicious food.

 

Chaerin is happy because even if her first week in Seoul feels like she’s in a foreign country, her second week wasn’t bad and even got to meet nice people as she wandered in the streets.

 

It took Chaerin seconds to snap out of her daydream and she smiles to herself “Ahh~Jongdae was right, I can survive this with my bravest mask on. But I can live a better life once I allow some people see right through my mask” the plastic bag of food on her hand slightly swings as she continue walking on the beautiful Sunday afternoon streets of Seoul.

 

 

A curve on his lips couldn’t help but form as he hears her say his name. Chen was looking at Chaerin who was a few feet away from him.

 

 

Earlier, when he called Chaerin’s old number, her father answered saying Chaerin left her phone at home and she was just buying lunch for them. Maybe it was fate that Chaerin left her phone because he knows that he shouldn’t be contacting her anyway since his priority in Seoul is to get back on his feet and not take detour just to avoid his problem.

 

 

Chen can’t believe it, Chaerin was inches away. It took him great will to stop himself on going after her. He just watches Chaerin as she disappears from the crowd. Chen kicks some pebbles in the ground and walks over to his car and enters.

“Where to?” asks Song-ahjussi as he looks at Chen in the reflection of the side view mirror

“To Kim’s residence”

“Back home sir”

Chen nods as rests his elbow by the window “Lee Chaerin, you have already change even if it was just weeks since we haven’t met. It makes me feel like I don’t have a chance with you anymore. But,” he hides his smile and looks at the people walking “why do you have to say my name out loud... does that even mean something to you...”

- - - - - E N D - - - - -


A/N:

Update related. I'll be trying my best to updae weekly since college is kind of my priority (well it should be. so study hard kids)

Story related..Like I said.. Kim Jongdae is back. Yaah. So how did you feel when he didn't went after Chaerin? yeah.. I bashed my face on my keyboard (LAWL) If you're going to ask where Xiumin is & what happened.. calm down & wait for the other chapters. Soo yeah.. that's all I can say about the story, how about you?

BTW! I appreciate your lovely comments & you lovely readers! If you like this story full on crack, just hit the upvote ok :)