Coldest Eyes Looking Down On Me

Different Pair that Fits

The sound of her alarm clock was not the only reason why she quickly opened her eyes (usually... the dings and rings barely wake her up and Professor Kijin has to wake her up) There was no time to say ‘five minutes’ or ‘yeah... I’ll wake up later...’

 

Chaerin quickly sat up and stretched out her arms. She jumped out of her bed and did another stretch (she badly needs excessive morning stretch to wake herself up). She taps her fingers to her cheeks and says “Chaerin-ah, wake up! You haven’t prepared your things” she looks at the clock on the table beside her bed, 6:40AM... “But do really have to wake up this early? Aish” she curses herself for being excited.

 

It’s not like she didn’t plan her clothes last night. In fact, she stayed up all night deciding what to wear. She just can’t figure out what to wear since she doesn’t know what they’ll do and where they’ll go. That’s why she just ended by giving up and going to sleep (well... trying to sleep)

 

“You’ll be visiting his parents” she ruffles her bad morning hair “No. You’ll be accompanying him as he visits his family. You were just tagged along Chaerin, because he has no one left to take with him. You’re not the reason why he’ll be visiting his family... so, don’t. Get. Too. excited...” She was trying to knock some sense in her as she talks to herself in front of a mirror.

 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to accompany me and be my driver, Song-ahjussi. You’re harabeoji’s driver, not mine. You should be with your family today” Chen smiles as at the backseat.

“But this is my job young master; and since it Friday, I am obliged to work today. You may be calling me Song-ahjussi but I am employed as driver Song of the Kim family” he smiles back as he looks the sideview mirror.”

“Ahh.. I still can’t get used on being called young master. But it’s that or master Chen.” he laughs lightly “Oh, just pull over at the side. My friend is just a few blocks from here so I’ll be picking her up”

 

 

Chen got out of the car. He was dressed more casual today. Something more casual compared to last night’s hoodie and jeans but something less compared to his outfit when he arrived in Seoul (well... it must be the pants, sneakers, and backpack that makes him more-less casual)

He dialled Chaerin’s number and got a quick answer


"Good morning! I’m already near. Should I come over and pick you up at your apartment?”

“No it’s fine. I’ll just meet you downstairs.”

Chen let out a laugh and says “Shouldn’t you be saying ‘just give me five minutes’?”

“What? Why? Do you really think I’d prepare too much for this? Kim Jongdae, don’t forget that I’ll be just accompanying you and we’re not going on a date” Chaerin replied with a cool voice (and trying her best on not sounding off how flustered she was)

“Eyy... I’m not the one who said that it’s a date. I just thought you’d ask for five more minutes since you’re a girl”

Chaerin laughs at the other side of the line “Oh shut up. Just wait for me down stairs” and she hangs up

 

 

“Shouldn’t you be asking me where we’re going?” Chen was walking side-by-side with Chaerin as they got out of the apartment building.

“Yah,” Chaerin playfully bumps her shoulder to Chen “I’m just accompanying you to visit your family”

“Eyy...why won’t we just skip that and have a real date?” Chen looks at Chaerin and raises his eyebrow teasingly

Chaerin hits Chen’s arm “King Jongdae! Stop talking about date and stuff. I can’t even tell if you’re just playing around or...” Chaerin looks straight ahead as her voice trails off.

“What if—”

“AND” Chaerin blurt out the word to avoid the topic “You just want a date because you want to avoid your family”

Chen scratches his head and smiles “I guess you got me” He looks at the street to also avoid Chaerin’s eyes “and the person I just don’t want to see is my hyung... not my parents.”

 

 

After a few blocks, they got to the car where Song-ahjussi was waiting.

“You’re a rich kid?”

“Well... I wouldn’t say rich” Chen opens the backseat door

Chaerin was still standing outside and is waiting for Chen to explain “And here I thought I already know you”

“It’s not like that’s an important thing to know about me,” He gestures his hand to ask Chaerin to enter the car “And all you have to add in my description is the not-so-rich-lost-and-secretive-Korean-not-Chinese-barista-Kim-Jongdae” he flashes Chaerin a smile as she enters the car.

Chaerin sticks out her head before she slides to the other side of the backseat “What’s next to be added in your description? A North Korean spy”

“Hey, that’s all that is left of me to know. Why are you even complaining? Do you even know what your description is to me? That-cool-secretive-Korean-girl” Chen bends over and draws his face closer to Chaerin “So... move”

 

Chaerin tried to keep a straight face when Chen moved his face closer to her. She tried to keep a straight face as she looks into his warm eyes, his strong cheekbones, the fine line of his jaw, and the curve of his lips as he smiles.

“Fine, that seems fair” Chaerin slides over to the other side of the backseat and places her Chanel leather backpack between Chen and her.

 

 

The trip was quiet but it did not bother Chaerin or Chen. It is because they have grown past the empty small talks back in China, and they prefer to just have a silent trip.

 

 

Chaerin didn’t expect that the trip was going to be long; she ended up falling asleep as she leaned back and rest her head by the window. When she woke up, she noticed their car had already pulled over and she was the only one left in the car. She fixed herself, especially her hair before she opened the door on her side.

 

Chaerin noticed that Song-ahjussi was standing beside the rear of the car. Chaerin greeted him with the bow.

“If you’re looking for young master, you need to take stairs and go left...” he gestured his head where Chaerin saw the stairs.

 

As Chaerin followed Song-ahjussi’s instructions, from afar, she saw a small figure “Ahh. Is that Jongdae?” she thought to herself.

While walking closer, Chaerin realized that it was her first time visiting a place like this. She wonders how a place like this could be so beautiful, filled with flowers and evened-grass. Should a place like this be really this beautiful when it is the place where people are put to rest? Should a cemetery be filled with peace when everyone knows that the people who visit their loved ones who passed away are filled with pain?

 

 

All of these questions ran through her head that’s why Chaerin didn’t notice the man and bumped into him.

 

“Watch where you’re going.” He had a firm voice and gave Chaerin a stern look. His eyes were one of the coldest things Chaerin has ever seen; while you could really tell from his slim stature that he is a man with class and came from a wealthy family.

 

“Ah. I’m sorry” Chaerin bows her head.

The man didn’t bother to give her a look and he just walked away.

 

 

 

“Leave”

When Chen turns to the person who talked, he received a strong slap across his face. He could barely look at the man who has a cold look on him.

“What the hell... You have no right to be here. The moment you runaway, you are dead to me and to all of us. I don’t know what kind of crap you told harabeonim to forgive you but I assure you that I wouldn’t take any of that crap”

 

Chen has no courage to look at the man. He believes that he has no right to look at his hyung straight in the eyes.

He now remembers one of the reasons why he left; because he always believed that he is not worthy to breathe the same air with his hyung.

His hyung who was able to fill up to the family expectations. His hyung who is a well-known lawyer in Seoul. His hyung who is admired and envied not only by him but also by their relatives.

While he was laughed at and gossiped as the smiling pabo black sheep of the Kim family, Kim Jongdae. Everyone feared, respected, and envied his hyung, Kim Heechul.

 

“My words may hurt, but it’s the truth. Just leave Jongdae. Do you really think that you have the right to visit our parents’ grave?”

 

 

Without saying a word or fighting back, Chen just flee like a coward boy.

 

When Chen got to the stairs, he was surprised that Chaerin was standing there.

He puts on a smile “I just visited my parents. I didn’t know that I would run into my hyung here. I’m sorry because I didn’t have the chance to introduce you to any of them. Well apart from my parents being dead, my hyung hates me like hell and believes I’m dead.. so yeah.. I just figured that dead people can’t talk.., sorry”, he laughs as goes closer to Chaerin “so where’d you wan—”

 

Chaerin wraps her arms around Chen “You smiling pabo. Stop smiling. Stop acting stupid. We both know you hurting.. so just stop talking.”

Chen still has on his fake smile on “if I’d stop smiling now... then what should I do? What should I do? I don’t like crying... it’s sickening.” His hands were still on his side because he doesn’t know if he should hug Chaerin back.

 

Chen shuts his eyes and rest them on Chaerin’s shoulder “Tell me Lee Chaerin, what should I do instead if choose not to smile like a fool”

 

Chaerin bites her lower lip thinking if she should say these words because she’s scared that she might sound stupid with her cheesy line. But then she realized, in a short time she’s known Chen, he’s always been honest and even says the cheesiest lines just to cheer her up. She pulls Chen closer to tighten her hug and say

 

"Just lean on me”

 

 

 

Chen pulls back his resting head on Chaerin’s shoulder. Chaerin lets go and steps back, “Are you... ok? Do you want to go for a walk” Chaerin looks at Chen as she checks at him like a cute worried child.

Chen can’t help but smile because of how cute Chaerin look, he never thought that Chaerin has this kind of side of hers. “Do you really want to take a stroll in a cemetery” he laughs.

Chaerin hits Chen’s arm “Yah Kim Jongdae! I’m being sincere here and all you could do is laugh at me?!” she had her unusual high pitched voice because she was flustered thinking how stupid she was.

“Eyy,” Chen rubs his hand on his arm “You also did the same thing to me in Beijing when I confessed to you in the Yinhe cafe..” he steps closer to Chaerin and looks at her eye-to-eye “I, too, was being sincere at that time” Chen raises his eyebrows teasingly.

 

“YAH!” Chaerin stomps on Chen’s foot “If you don’t want to talk seriously... then stop talking about stupid things” Chaerin quickly goes down the stairs and leaves Chen who is holding on to the railings as he rubs on his hurting foot.

- - - - - E N D - - - - - 


A/N:

Tadaa! I'm trying my best for some weekly updates but I still am sorry if my chapters lack a lot. (;-_-)ノ

So I realized that people like how I wrote Chaerin/CL in one chapter showing how human she is by telling she has insecurities and stuffs like that.. (me too. because in reality, CL is also a kind-hearted cool yet still is human) so I showed it in this chapter again!

Also.. yeah.. Kim Heechul as Chen's brother. I just see him as the pefect character to be this cold and mean hyung who is completely opposite of Chen that's why I chose him. ¯\(°_o)/¯

NOW! What do you think? Tell me your likes and hates in this chapter & your ideas for the future chapters! I'd be looking forward for your ideas in the comment section! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

BTW! Thank you for being my awesome readers! (〜^∇^)〜♥