That Weird Chinese Guy on the Cab, Thanks

Different Pair that Fits

“You punched Wu Fan across the face!” Lu Han was so furious that his voice echoed in the cafe. He clears his throat and tries to speak calmly this time “Xiumin punched Wu Fan across the face. Aren’t you guys aware of whom Wu Fan is? He’s the one I’ve been talking to for months now on branching out Yinhe Cafe”

 

“Duibuqi (sorry), duibuqi” Chen kept his head down.

 

When Lu Han was about to give Chen a long lecture about respect and stuffs, a customer rang the bell from the counter. “It’s fine... I’ll just have to talk to Xiumin once he gets back. Don’t worry, suspension is the worst thing I could give you guys since I don’t want to risk losing my best baristas.” Lu Han ran his fingers to his hair and let out a sigh “Just go and take care of the customer.”

 

Chen felt relieved; suspension isn’t that bad he guess. When he went to the counter, he once again put one his sweetest and most welcoming smile “Welcome to Yinhe Cafe! Wo jiao (My name is) Chen and I will be the one to serve your coffee today”

 

“One Espressino please” says the man with round glasses on and who looks like is in his 50s.

Chen nodded and was happy because the man ordered his specialty “Can I take your name which I will write on the cup?”

“It’s Kijin.” the man gave him a smile

“Kijin...” Chen thought to himself while preparing the espresso with steamed milk, and cocoa powder. When he got back to the counter, he felt like a light bulb light up and snapped his fingers “Lee Kijin.. You’re Lee Kijin! Ahh~Annyeonghaseyo!” he bowed and hit his head in the counter. Chen felt stupid “ahh.. I’m a fan of the book you wrote entitled the “World need adventurers, not dreamers”

 

Professor Kijin smiled “Really! Ahh..I knew it! You’re not Chinese right? Only few Koreans are aware of my work”

“What brought you in Beijing, sir?” Chen was so excited that he is now talking to one of his idols.

“Ahh. I have this seminar where I need to be a speaker and some meetings—“ Professor Kijin was cut off to his conversation because his phone rang. He excused himself “Hello? Oh Chaerin. Yes, my dinner meeting got cancelled.. Oh, I’m too tired to have dinner somewhere else. Why don’t you just join me in a cafe here. It is named Yinhe cafe and it is in 1 Maoer Hutong.. oh ok”  Professor Kijin was still talking in perfect English when he took his Espressino and payed Chen. He sat on an empty table while Chen continued with his work.

 

 

Chaerin entered the cafe with comfortable clothes on, just plain black v-neck shirt, black skinny jeans, black boots “Dad!” she waved “I’ll be just ordering coffee, okay.” She pointed at the counter.

 

“Welcome to Yinhe Cafe! Wo jiao (My name is) Chen—” He can’t talk after he realized that Chaerin was the young lady he met at the cab earlier “Eh! Your father is Professor Lee Kijin?!”

 

“oh! You’re the weird Chinese guy I met in the cab” she quickly took out something in her bag and handed it to him “Ahh. I haven’t had time to wash this and I found some coffee stains on it...Thank you. You should have took your apron after you left the cab and you didn’t even say a word”

“Sorry, I was in a hurry.. and I am not chinese”

“Ahhh.. it’s fine. I have to thank you a lot because your apron saved me from a lot of ert drivers. But I just got so sick of them staring at me, I’ve decided to change clothes... soo.. one Café au lait please”

“Oh ok. It’s Chaerin right? I’ll be just serving it on your table”

Chearin nodded and headed back to their table.

 

 

“Looks like we’ll be here for a while” says Professor Kijin while he was drawing in his sketchpad.

“yeah.. for awhile”

“Is this travelling bothering you already?”

“Daddy, for the millionth time.. it’s fine. It’s not like we have a home that we left. You and I are travellers, remember?” Chaerin looked at her father in the eyes to assure him, she did not smile.. but still, she wanted to let him know that she was fine.

“Ok... but I have to make it up to you. Tonight you can go anywhere you want and you could go back to the hotel at anytime”

“Umm.. no thanks. I have no friends to hang out with” she took out her phone and saw 12 messages and 7 missed calls.

“Well.. how about him”  Professor Kijin pointed at Chen who was just about to serve Chaerin’s order “what time is your out young man?”

“Oh, I’ll be out for an hour” Chen was still clueless about the conversation

“Good, meet up with my daughter at 7AM. You’ll be her tour guide for tonight.. If you would do me this favour, I promise you that I’ll give you time to discuss with me about my book”

“Ahh...” Chen smiled “It’s fine with me.”

 

“Daddy, stop that” Chaerin was not looking at Chen “don’t bother him”

“Well you seemed like you know him because you were talking on the counter.. just go ok?” her father pleaded like a puppy.

Chen just smiled and Chaerin rubbed her forefinger in her temple “Ughh. This is so weird..”

“it’s ok ma’am, like I said.. It’s fine with me”

                                                    - - - - - END - - - - -


A/N:

And the crackship continues (I love how you guys comment that this is a crackship--it's entertaining)! I just had to post chapter 3 today since I already had an idea about it. Soo yeah. What'd you think? Comment it below ( ^__^ )