The way she sees the world

Different Pair that Fits

“Chaerin-ah~” Professor Kijin was shaking her shoulder to wake her up “I’ll be just meeting up with some of my colleagues today. Don’t forget that our flight is 9PM”

Chaerin barely opened her eyes and just nodded.

 

It was 7 in the morning when Chaerin got up from her bed. She wanted to prepare herself a nice cup of coffee but she just decided to get ready and go someplace else since it is her last day in Beijing.

 

It took her a while to decide what to wear. Finally, she felt comfortable with her denim skirt and DKNY sweater because it makes her look y yet doesn’t reveal much skin. She chose her heeled sneakers because it makes her look tall yet it wouldn’t bother her wearing it all day long.

Even though she was all dressed up, she ended up sitting in the living room thinking of what to do. This was the habit of hers that she wishes she could grow out of, always too excited to go someplace else but never knowing what to do and where the some place is.

 

Chaerin was fidgeting on her phone thinking if she should ask Chen a good place where she could spend her last hours in Beijing. When she dialled his number, she just ended up hanging up because she thinks it’s stupid to say “Hey, it’s my last hours in Beijing. Do you have any list of a good place I could go to?”

 

When Chaerin finally give up, she just decided to walk on the streets and do some shopping if she comes across a store. She grabbed her things and also brought a sketch pad with her.

While she was on the streets, she can’t help but be bothered on the people giving her a glance... and another glance. She now remembers why she likes taking cabs or renting cars, it is because she always felt safe in there. Not much eyes looking at her and people can’t see her on those tinted windows.

 

Chaerin’s phone rang and she quickly answered it.

“Chaerin? I just saw that I got a missed call from you. I wasn’t able to answer since we just opened up the cafe” Chen was on the other side of the line and he continued talking “Why did you call?”

“Ah,” panick crept in her voice “I-I was just going to check if the cafe is open since I’m coming over. I got nothing to do so I just decided to hang out there until my flight to Korea...I’m already in the cab so I’ll be there in a few minutes.” Chaerin hang up and didn’t bother to say goodbye. She felt stupid because she was nervous talking to Chen not knowing what to say. She got a cab and headed to the Yinhe Cafe.

 

 

“Zaoshang hao, welcome to Yinhe Cafe Chaerin!” Xiumin was at the counter waving at Chaerin who just entered the cafe. She wished that Xiumin didn’t make her entrance in the cafe too known. She just waved back and decided to sit on a table that is at the corner of the cafe. She always loved seats that are at the corner of someplace since it doesn’t attract too much attention and few people pass by her and notice her.

 

She took her sketch pad and wandered her eyes in the cafe. In her last hours in Beijing, she didn’t think that the cafe will be the last place she’d be in to find an inspiration to draw. She decided to sketch on paper today rather than on her phone, compared to the last weeks where whenever she sees an inspiration she just takes out her phone and opens the application where she can sketch.

 

“Zaoshang hao” Chaerin was surprised when she saw Chen who is just standing beside her table and is smiling “It’s your last hours in Beijing and of all places, you chose the cafe”

She’ll never get used to that friendly, warm, and welcoming smile of his’. Chaerin wanted to smile back but she thinks that her smile would just make her look weird, and it is nothing compared to Chen’s smile. She just nods to greet him and say “I think I’ve seen enough of Beijing which I can cherish forever”

Chen laughs “You haven’t even seen half of Beijing... Fine. Fine. So what can I get you today?”

“One Café au lait..for the last time” her last words weren’t meant to be said aloud. She felt stupid because Chen heard her words. Chaerin hates how she gets too comfortable in front of Chen that she always says how she feels whenever she talks to him

“For the last time,” he smiles “I will personally prepare your drink and I promise to make it special.”

There it was. Chaerin finally decided to draw the thing she’ll miss the most in Beijing. She opened her sketch pad and began drawing lines and curves as she tries to capture her model.

 

After a few minutes, Chen got back with her order “Here’s your Café au lait” he then noticed Chaerin who was so focused in her sketch pad “I didn’t know that you sketch like your father.”

She looked at Chen and closed her sketch pad “I sketch whenever I feel like it, which means time-to-time unlike my father who finds inspiration anywhere he goes and sees”

Chen smiled “that’s because he smiles a lot”

“And I don’t. I get it” she took a sip of her coffee with steamed milk. She loves this drink especially since it is 1:1 ratio of two different taste but when put together, it makes the drink real good (She wonders if she and Chen are 1:1 ratio too since they feel comfortable talking with each other even if they’re completely different)

It took her time to realize that she has her eyes closed for a moment after she took the sip and that Chen was still standing beside her table. She clears and says “Since you’ve given me an advice before, I will give you one, too.. Just don’t smile when you don’t mean it. Day might come where you can’t tell if you’re really happy or just smiling. Also, learn to open up to him” she looked at Xiumin who was at the counter serving the customers “You did mention once in our conversation that he is like a brother to you. Brother’s share their deepest feelings, and not strangers turned friends.”

 

The way Chen smiled made Chaerin feel like what she said was stupid. He chuckled and said “Ahh.. it’s really scary how you can already tell what’s real and not real about me... no wonder I like you”

“mwo—mworago?.. are you crazy” she felt her cheeks burn

Chen placed his hands on his hips “Wae? It’s not like I’m the first guy to admire a cool girl like you. And since you’re leaving, I think you have the right to know how I like being with you”

They looked at each other and with a dumbfounded look. Chaerin laughed when she realized that it was her first time to have a stupid look on with Chen. She can’t  stop herself from laughing that she can feel her cheeks hurt.

“Did Lee Chaerin just laugh?” Chen’s mouth was open to exaggerate his astonishment “I guess I deserve a pat on the back” he leans close to Chaerin and teases her to pat him

“YAH! Are you crazy?” Chearin tries to push him away as she tries so hard to not laugh aloud again.

 

“Chen! Your help is needed here” Xiumin calls over him in the counter.

Chen nods and turns to Chaerin “I hope you enjoy your last cafe in Yinhe Cafe.”

When Chaerin was about to give him a nod back, Chen extended his right hand “At least give me a handshake”

Chaerin reaches for Chen’s hand and pulls him closer “I’m not yet leaving.. my flight is not until 9PM so save your drama, Kim Jongdae”

 

Hours in Yinhe Cafe passed by. Xiumin and Chen served their customers with their best coffee and best smiles while Chaerin finish some last touch on her sketch. She looks at the time on her phone, it was 5PM. She smiles and realizes how fast time passed by especially when she’s enjoying herself. Hours can feel like seconds, weeks could feel like days, and a month—time just goes by so fast.

 

Chaerin got up to her seat, she wandered her eyes in the cafe but she can’t find Chen. When she got to the counter, Xiumin greeted her with a smile that makes her feel like he’s the big brother she wishes she had. He then said “If you’re looking for Jongdae, he’s just taking out the trash. Should I call him?”

Chaerin shook her head and replied “I’ll be just going.”

“Eh. I am not expecting much from the two of you but can’t you at least have a friendly goodbye hug.”

“Just tell him that I said thanks.” Chaerin bowed to say goodbye and she got out of the cafe to call for a taxi.

 

She stood on the exact same place and  the whole place began to lit up. The lake, the trees and even the sky was beautiful. She lets out a sigh and says “Aish Lee Chaerin, all you have to do was hand Minseok the paper” she stared at the paper she had torn out of the sketchpad.

- - - - - END - - - - -


A/N:

And--cut! Chaerin will now leave Beijing.. you know what this means right?!

Ahh.. I'll be trying my best dear readers! I'm even reading bunch of fanfic to know my flaws and stuff... so yeah, I'm caught up with a bunch of fanfic ideas. Ahh. I do have few questions that I wish you would answer.

 

With regards to the story, do think Xiumin should be cut off in the story? & did you like my idea of showing CL's softer side?

In no relation to the story, do you think I should write another 2nexo fanfic?

Kyaa~please comments your answer and upvote if you like and think this story is getting somewhere.