Visitor for the Night

Different Pair that Fits

It was half past 2 AM, Chen has given up sleep since he just kept on tossing and turning himself on the bed. He is now going over his things trying to check if did lose his wallet. Chen finally gave up and just took the charger of his phone; he just noticed that his phone has been dead for hours.

Once Chen opened his charging phone, messages came flooding in.

 

“Eodiya(Where are you)?”

 

“Why are you not answering your phone?”

 

“Do you want to die?”

 

“I called driver Song, why weren’t you with him?”

 

“YAH! Are you trying provoke your hyung?!”

 

“Forget it. I’m coming there”

 

Chen falls on his face as he lies on the bed, “Coming there...” he mumbles. “Is this hyung serious? Does he even know where there is?.. Aish” he turns on the bed to face the ceiling “I shouldn’t have lost my wallet!” he places his hands on his growling stomach.

Chen decides to take a cup of noodles in the snacks he bought at the gasoline station. He leaves the room because he will ask for the hotel for some hot water. He could’ve called for room service... but he also wanted to have some walk.

 

 

After he got to ask a new staff on the counter for assistance, Chen is carrying the hot cup noodles with both of his hands. When he was near his room, he noticed someone leaning on the wall near his room.

 

“Hyung”

 

“Look, if you’re going to spend your night here... I suggest you shouldn’t. The security and they just gave me your room number without checking if you do know me.” He digs something in the pocket of his coat and walks over to Chen “And next time... if you’re going to lose your things, make sure to leave your contact information in it rather than mine.” He puts the wallet on top of Chen’s cup noodles..

 

“Heechul-hyung...”

 

“You’ve just wasted my time” when Heechul walks past Chen, it was just then Chen had the courage to say other words other than his hyung’s name, “Wae? Why did you come?”

“Look, I am supposed to be at the District Public Prosecutor's Office in Busan because I have this case to attend to... you’ve once again manage to waste my time because of your careless act.”

Heechul turns his head to look Chen over his shoulder “You left your stupid wallet in the bus. You’re lucky fate is kind enough to let a colleague of mine take your seat and find your stupid wallet. Bad luck for me, he saw in the wallet my contact number in it...that reminds me”

 

He takes Chen’s wallet and takes a wrinkled paper with a washed out yet readable number in it “I’ll be taking this. Like I said, you’re dead to me and you are no longer my priority. If you’re itching your way out as a Kim, I won’t stop you... just remember that you have no more place to go back to if you ever change your mind” Heechul once again place the wallet on top of the sealed warm noodles then walks away.

 

 

His hands were trembling. Chen’s whole body is trembling. He tightens his hold on his warm cup noodles to make his body wake up and move, but he can’t.

Chen was able to move few inches to face the face and rest his temples there. “What’s the point of asking Jongdae? His words will never change... that hyung is long gone”

 

 

The door opens, the room is a lot colder now and Chen has lost his appetite. He shuts the door behind him and places the warm cup of noodles on the table beside his bed before he falls face first on his bed.

 

 

The conversation wasn’t loud enough to make the words echo in the hallway, but it was enough for Chaerin to hear. The conversation did not wake her since she was not asleep to begin with. The moment she entered her room, she’s been tossing and turning on the bed like a child who can’t sleep without her favourite blankie.

 

She opens the door a little to peek outside, Chen or his hyung was nowhere to be found. Chearin bits her lip as she is having a mental debate on whether to close the door and pretend that she did not witness the harsh worlds of Heechul against Chen or should she just casually walk over and knock on Chen’s room just to give him a hug and tell him that things are going to be ok.

 

“No” she mumbles. Chaerin closes her door and lets out a sigh

 

Knock knock knock. Chaerin looked like a pending stupid girl by Chen’s door. “Maybe I shouldn’t have” she once again mumbles to her stupid self. Her grip tightens as she her nails dig in to her palms. “Chen,” the endless mumbling to self doesn’t stop “Chen-sshi” Chaerin was now able to clear her voice,

“Jongdae. Jongdae-shii. Kim Jongdae. Kim Jongdae-sshi” Chaerin somehow found the guts to act cute for once to annoy Chen and maybe make him answer the door “Dongsaengie~” she whispers on the door like a child “Chen Chen”

 

“EY LEE CHAERIN!” Chen swings the door open making Cherin startled “Do you know what time is it?” Chen was pretending that he was sound asleep to make Chaerin think that those red eyes are not caused by crying.

Chaerin’s eyebrows furrowed “Aigoo~” she places her hands on Chen’s cheeks as she bents to draw her face near on Chen’s face “I thought we’ll be stopping all lies and pretends for this night” she raises her eyebrows teasingly “or should I say dayI”

 

Chen smiles as he pulls back. He peels off Chaerin’s hands on her cheeks but locks her as he holds both of her wrist “What is it? Did you hear the whole thing? We must have disturbed you sleep... mianhae.,” He looks at her dearly as he continue to smile.

She shakes her head “I’m not even asleep anyway” Chaerin tilts her head to peek inside Chen’s room “Do you want to grab a bite?”

Chen on the otherhand peeks on the hallway to check if someone else was out there. Once he sees that Chaerin is the only person out in the hallway, he pulls her in his room and locks the door “I have other plans in mind”

 

Chaerin’s eyes widen once she realize that Chen has locked her in his room “YAH! Are you crazy! What are you doing?”

“Unexpected things” he smirks to tease Chaerin was he walks near to her.

Chaerin closes her eyes as she shields her face with both of her hands “YAH!”

 

Chen grabs her wrist and smiles “Eyy Chaerin, what do you even think of me? I was just going to tell you that the snacks I bought earlier are still here that’s why we should just have it here in my room” He leads Chaerin on a desk while holding her wrist.

Chen reaches out for the bag of snacks which is placed on the table beside his bed.

“Yah, you can let go of my hand now”

“Wae? I can still do things even if I just have a hand to use”

 

Chaerin leans on the table to come closer to Chen who is at the other end “Then you won’t mind if I cut the other?”

“Ahni. As long as you let that other hand hold on to you.” He scrunches his nose like a cute child “I don’t know if you know this Chaerin-sshi, but you are my safety. You are my pair who calms me down even when I am already full of ” he once again smiles at her dearly.

Chaerin lets out a light laugh “Does that mean that I should be grateful since not-so-rich-lost-and-secretive-Korean-not-Chinese-barista-Kim-Jongdae likes me?”

“Neh” he nods like a proud man “So, do you like some amazingly delicious cold cup of ramen”

After Chaerin nods, Chen balances himself as he grabs for the cold cup of ramen with his one hand and still sitting. Both of them laugh when Chen how stupid he looked.

“Do you think we’d still be able to see the sunrise?...well we might fall asleep and wake up late” Chaerin manages to get a hold of her chopstick and take a bite of the overcooked noodles.

“I hope so” Chen struggles to open a bag of chips.

Chaerin makes Chen take the bite of the noodles as she feeds him “It’d be great if we’d be able to see it since I haven’t seen a sunrise before.... well the ones in the movies are an exception.”

She smiles at him realizing that they look like a couple who is having, not their first date, but like casual date as if they’ve been doing that for years.

 

Chen’s eyes widen to make Chaerin see that he is surprised. Well, he would love to express his shock in words but Chaerin made him take a big bite of the overcooked noodles.

“Neh. That’s why you need to wake me up later to see the sunrise”

Chen tighten a little his hold on the wrist of Chaerin to tell her something.

“Fine. I’ll stay here, but we won’t sleep on the same bed. I’m scared enough on what you would do when you’re alone in this room” she looks at him with eyes full of worry “Promise me,” she slides her hand on Chen’s hand which was grabbing her wrist “You’ll turn to me, to Minseok-oppa, to your grandfather, or even to Song-ahjussi if ever your life gets tough”

“Neh” those were the only words that Chen was able to reply. He just smiles at her and holds on to her hands. It was where he realize that in less just a day, he was able to see that Chaerin is the partner of his pair which fits perfectly with him.

- - - - - E N D - - - - -


A/N:

TADAA! Mean hyung finally makes apperance again! \(^O^)/

Before anything else, I'd like to say sorry once again since I might not be able to update next week. (;-_-)ノ

Now, what do you think of Chapter 13 & 14? What are your feels? (if you ever had one..lewl) What did you love & hate in the chapters? Just let me know! & if you have any ideas on the things you're expecting, just comment them.. why? BECAUSE! Chapter 15 is the special chapter! I won't be giving you clues on what is Chapter 15~kkk (#/。\#)

As for now, thank you for being amazing readers! (ɔ˘з˘)ɔ