How to say sorry.

Different Pair that Fits

 

He was just walking ahead, no plans of going anywhere—just. walk.

 

The sky was dark and no star was found, he sighed and damned the city lights. The street is filled with people who have their friends, families, or special someone beside them.

 

Chen shakes his head on the thought of having someone walk beside him, he pulls close the collar of his coat and whispers “I can’t go back there”. He can no longer take seeing Xiumin's face, in their apartment (where they help pay for the rend) and in work (though, it was easier since all they have to say to each other was work related).

 

Even though it happened a few nights before, Chen can’t forget Xiumin’s words... and his words.

 

F L A S H B A C K

“Minseok...” Chen’s voice trails off because he doesn’t know how to react to what Xiumin said.

“You should go back Kim Jongdae. I am sick watching you be lost in your life and then you put on a fake smile in front of me,” Xiumin was avoiding Chen’s eyes

“I am sick of taking care of you, of looking out for you yet you don’t appreciate it. And here I thought we’re family...” he walks closer to Chen but still avoids looking at Chen “If you don’t know what to do with your life, why don’t you just go home and make them decide for your life. If you don’t like their decision, say it to their faces and just stop running away... I guess that is the difference between us; I left Korea to live while you left Korea just to runaway”

 

Xiumin’s tone was calm yet cold. The alcohol no longer has an effect on Chen because the blow he felt was worse than receiving a punch in the gut.

 

Chen grabbed Xiumin by the wrist when Xiumin was about to walk past him “..you.. you were the one who told me to come  with you. Because you said I could find my dream here”

Xiumin looks at Chen eye to eye “Just because I said it, doesn’t mean it will come to you. You need to work your off and try to put the pieces together... But no, all you’ve been doing is follow my steps like a lost dog.”

Chen let go of Xiumin and scoffs “Fine, but keep this in mind” he looks at Xiumin with his piercing eyes as if he was not the Kim Jongdae Xiumin knew “That is not only our difference. Both of us may have come from a life with prestige and hell all together, but I chose to walk out on my own...while in your case—” he didn’t bother to finish his words and he just staggered away from Xiumin

E N D   O F   F L A S H B A C K

 

“You just have to say it” Chen pushed his hands in to his coat pockets and got hold of his phone. He decided to look at the time “9:47,” then he noticed an unread text.

 

 

From: Lee Chaerin

“Thank you”... that is what's left for me to say :)

 

 

“Yah Lee Chaerin! Is that all you can say after you left early without saying a proper goodbye?” he was talking to his phone like a crazy man “And here I thought—” Once again, Xiumin’s words came into his mind. Chen shoves his phone in his pocket and calls for a cab.

 

 

Chen was sitting on the bench as he overlooks at the lake view, it was beautiful. It was peaceful. It was his escape.

Then a person sits beside him, it was Kim Minseok.

Chen lets out an air “What are you doing here?” he was still looking at the lake view.

 “Yah, what are you doing here? I was waiting for you to go home”

“YAH KIM MINSEOK! WHEN WILL STOP MAKING ME GO HOME?” Chen shouted the words as he faced Xiumin. He then sees Xiumin smile.

“Eyy, I was asking why you just wandered around and didn’t go to the apartment” he playfully hit Chen’s arm “It’s because a gift was waiting for you.” He places a paper on Chen’s lap.

 

Chen takes the paper but didn’t bother to look at it. When he was about to rip the paper—the ticket.

Xiumin quickly blurt out “They know. They know you’re in Beijing,” Chen looks at Xiumin with disbelief “Well it’s just your grandfather who knows.” he pulls his head back as he leans on the bench “Did you really think I have my own money to buy the ticket to Beijing? I was disowned by my family, remember?” he looks at Chen

“Hyung—”

“Your grandfather saw you fall apart and at the time, I told him that I was leaving after my parents disowned me when I told them that I would no longer continue law school. Your grandfather told me that he will help me as long as I bring you along with me. I’m not forcing you to go home Jongdae. I just realized that it’s best for you to sort your life out because you’re walking on a path with no direction.” Xiumin takes out a folded paper in his pocket and hands it to Chen

“But when I saw you with her, you seem--less lost... that’s why if you ever decide to go back, why won’t you try to find her?”

 

Chen slowly unfolded the paper and saw a sketch of him and a message beneath it.

 

“Kim Jongdae,

The weird guy who entered my cab, I will forever remember the café au lait you prepare for me. I will forever remember your advice that night we celebrated with crazy Minseok-oppa...

We may not be given forever to get to know each other, but I am grateful that you gave me time to know you. I am grateful for the night I got to hear your beautiful voice. I am grateful that I got to see your smiles as I stayed in Beijing.

Kim Jongdae. Chen. Weird Korean guy I’ve mistaken for a weird Chinese guy.. thank you~

 

—Lee Chaerin”

 

 

“Hyung,” Chen gently folds the paper “when did she give this to you?”

 

“Are you going after her?”

 

“Aish,” Chen smiles “why does she have to be so cool”

 

Xiumin nudges Chen’s side “Jongdae, aren’t you going to find her?”

“She doesn’t even like me. I’ve already confessed to her and she just laughed at me.”

Xiumin lightly laughs “Let me guess how you romantically confess to her. You just suddenly came right to her or just brought it up in a conversation, like you always do whenevr you panick”

He hits Chen in the head “Aigoo~You caught her off guard.. but I wouldn’t say she doesn’t like you. If only you’ve seen her as she entered the cafe when you just left. She quickly got to the counter trying to catch her breath. I was shocked to see her act that way”

Xiumin puts on a girly voice to assume that he’s imitating Chaerin “Oppa! Where’s Chen—Jongdae—ah.. Where’s your friend? Wow, when she said those words—I thought she was going to tell you that she loves you!”

 

Chen smiles and looks at the ripped paper where Chaerin made a sketch of him. “Do you really think I should go back to Korea?”

“Just promise me that you’ll finish what you started and what you have there, no matter what.”

“Aren’t you coming with me?”

 

Xiumin pats Chen’s shoulder “Ey. You haven’t even apologize.. and neither have I.”. He stands up and faces Chen as he smiles “Shall we have a ‘sorry’ drink?” 

 

- - - - E N D - - - -


A/N:

It's been updated! Soo yeah... no Chen&Chaerin interaction here because I wanted to focus on some important parts before Chen leaves Beijing.. & that is his close relationship to Xiumin & continuation of what happened after the 'karaoke goodbye party'.

Ahh.. if you're gonna ask about Xiumin.. I can't say anything really. LEWL. I'll just say "hold on tight"

I've been drafting the few chapters but am still going back&forth and since my classes began again.. yeah.. BUT I am continuing this crackship fanfic! Just hold on tight! all I can say is..

Prepare yourselves for South Korea my dear readers! It's going to be messed up there!

Also! I want to thank your beautiful responses! I guess I'm going to postpone my upcoming fanfic (clue... it has 2nexo on it too!) because I want to focus on this first.

LASTLY (not fic related) all I can say to EXO stans (despite of this rollercoaster ride we're on), just believe in ot12.. just trust them ok? cause I trust them with all my heart. Remember, they're artist that's why their world(almost of it) is controlled by their company :)